Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Putney_

?s=20

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

filham

Time for another update on the OFFAL I would think.

_Putney_

Quote from: filham on February 22, 2021, 10:27:00 AM

The official coverage of our stand has been anything but good. A monthly (if we're lucky) update, with photos that are by that point out of date.  Not trying to find another thing to complain about, but it seems like a relatively easy thing to do.

70sPimlico

Quote from: _Putney_ on February 22, 2021, 11:11:10 AM

The official coverage of our stand has been anything but good. A monthly (if we're lucky) update, with photos that are by that point out of date.  Not trying to find another thing to complain about, but it seems like a relatively easy thing to do.

You don't think this is high quality updates? https://www.fulhamfc.com/riverside-development/updates/

Fifteen well written and filmed extensive updates at certain milestones. I believe there will also be a full time lapse video at the end.

Its been good enough for me. At the end of the day, its a construction site.

Twig

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 22, 2021, 02:34:59 PM

You don't think this is high quality updates? https://www.fulhamfc.com/riverside-development/updates/

Fifteen well written and filmed extensive updates at certain milestones. I believe there will also be a full time lapse video at the end.

Exactly

Huxley

Plus now doubt a DVD when you exit via the gift shop.

HV71

Will have to be in a blank plastic bag as it's entitled " Huge erection at Craven Cottage "

Fernhurst

Quote from: HV71 on February 22, 2021, 06:18:02 PM

Will have to be in a blank plastic bag as it's entitled " Huge erection at Craven Cottage "

Ha ha, well done. 👍
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

The latest update is before Christmas, I would have thought as a minimum we could expect a 10 minute report every other month.

_Putney_

No, I don't think it's very good.

mrmicawbers

May be waiting for the last two roof trusses to be put In place?Can't be far off surely.

PhilEsh

Quote from: mrmicawbers on February 23, 2021, 09:56:32 AM
May be waiting for the last two roof trusses to be put In place?Can't be far off surely.

The queue at Click and Collect might be a long one.

G_Gribby

Yes, the club probably like to do milestone releases.

The first time I attended at the cottage for a Fulham match years and years ago it was from the Riverside.
Next time I hope I'll repeat that. It's so hard to wait.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: G_Gribby on February 23, 2021, 11:46:00 AM

Yes, the club probably like to do milestone releases.

The first time I attended at the cottage for a Fulham match years and years ago it was from the Riverside.
Next time I hope I'll repeat that. It's so hard to wait.
Me too,I'm looking forward to having a drink on the rooftop terrace overlooking the Pool and the River,Chin Chin

Kemosabe

May be sooner than we think.  Was out for a walk in Wandsworth Park (the one by the river in Putney) and saw the latest barge being towed upriver with another section of roof on it. 

Don't know if you've ever seen one of these deliveries.  They have a bloke in full Emergency Orange kit standing on top of the roof section as it heads up-river.  My guess is that he's there to tell them if there's not enough draft for the barge and its load to get under a bridge.  Just hope they only do deliveries on the ebb tide, so they don't get washed into a bridge!

alfie

Quote from: Kemosabe on February 23, 2021, 02:49:10 PM

May be sooner than we think.  Was out for a walk in Wandsworth Park (the one by the river in Putney) and saw the latest barge being towed upriver with another section of roof on it. 

Don't know if you've ever seen one of these deliveries.  They have a bloke in full Emergency Orange kit standing on top of the roof section as it heads up-river.  My guess is that he's there to tell them if there's not enough draft for the barge and its load to get under a bridge.  Just hope they only do deliveries on the ebb tide, so they don't get washed into a bridge!
Apparently it takes 2 days to float down River from whence it came, they have to stop when tide is wrong.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't