watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

Looks brilliant, can't wait to get back. However sitting in the Riverside during a freezing easterly gale at home to Burnley on a January evening sitting high up in the stand doesn't look so appealing.

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

sarnian

How steep are the steps going to be. Freeze the video on 18 seconds and have a look. Us oldies may need an escalator to get to our seats and my wife will have to bring her inhaler.  092.gif

That said the whole thing looks so impressive and the views from the last few rows of seats will be amazing.

filham

Each update increases the excitement.
I have always requested a Christmas gift of 10 days holiday in the Bahamas with a couple of Bond girls, I think next year I will replace that with a ticket for a high level seat in our new stand.

alfie

I could have a zip wire straight to my house, not that I would be able to get to the top.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

General

Quote from: sarnian on February 26, 2021, 10:58:52 PM
Looks brilliant, can't wait to get back. However sitting in the Riverside during a freezing easterly gale at home to Burnley on a January evening sitting high up in the stand doesn't look so appealing.

Haha.. was thinking that too. Wonder what it'll actually be like..

SP

Quote from: General on February 27, 2021, 12:36:23 PM
Quote from: sarnian on February 26, 2021, 10:58:52 PM

Haha.. was thinking that too. Wonder what it'll actually be like..

Well, us Riversiders are known for our car blankets & flasks!  Wouldn't surprise me if they install heated seats?

_Putney_

_Putney_

Some stills from the video update:

Riversider

Quote from: _Putney_ on February 27, 2021, 02:47:02 PM

Those shots from Greswell Street are mightily impressive,  when you imagine that the floodlights are still to go across the roof line it will be interesting to see the impact on the local area when we have a night game (and yes I realise the lights will be pointing down but they will still be highly visible)

Lyle from Hangeland

SP

Looking at the picture of the old stand really puts it into perspective.  To think that over the years some people have considered us lacking in ambition.

cmg

Whatever they're paying that bloke on the steels at 0.27...it isn't enough.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

When the swimming pool is built it's going to be one hell of a dive off the top board!

SouthIslandWhite

One of the things which I think we fail to point out enough is just how impressive it is that they have managed to build this monstrosity of a stand with no interruption to play at the ground.  I mean, how do you build a Saturn V rocket and simultaneously play football matches right beside the gantry? Great engineers, that's how.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

ron

I hope that's "monstrosity" in a good way....?

RoyTund

Something that's really going to spoil that view is Stamford bridge. Can definitely see straight over to it at the top.