watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector

Started by Ordar, January 17, 2020, 09:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Can we talk about how good Hector was. Calm, dominant. A+ for me. Everything we were missing

DevonFFC

Absolute beast at the back, just what we have been missing

Tabby

First time I've seen a Fulham CB dominate Gestede in the air. He is usually a nightmare for our defenders.

Milo

Solid in his tackles, and very good in the air which we have been missing.

I notice he puts the ball out of play and doesn't attempt to find a fulham shirt with his clearances.. effective but against the status quo.

sunburywhite

He will be the differencence between promotion or not

Massive signing
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

twang

I absolutely love the way he not only wins almost every header with ease (against Gestede who's extremely good in the air, no less) but also manages to direct them either to a team mate or a danger free area on the pitch.

Milo

Do we play Kongolo at LCB then?

Stronger CB gives Bryan freedom to roam forward and looks a much better player as isn't defending as much (ironically..)

Bassey the warrior

He was excellent. Put a nimber of great tackles in. Very good at winning the ball with a standing tackle.

Moltobueno

I was being sceptical about him but totally agree with posters here.

What has Mawson been doing so far?  094.gif

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Milo on January 17, 2020, 09:52:52 PM

Stronger CB gives Bryan freedom to roam forward and looks a much better player as isn't defending as much (ironically..)

Not sure we want to be messing with our back four at the moment. Ream did well tonight.

RaySmith

A calm, reassuring presence, makes a lot of difference to our defence.

Can't believe  we got another clean sheet - really thought they'd get one back, and we'd rued the missed chances and disallowed goal.

Well done Scott and the  team.
COYW  049:gif
:wine:

twang

We've won both games Hector and Ream have played together and haven't let in a single goal.

Statto

Not sure we'll see Kongolo in a league match for a while. Can't drop Ream after a clean sheet, and even when we do, I can't see Kongolo leapfrogging Mawson in the queue

Milo

Agreed - it's about defensive combinations than individuals.

AnOldBrownie

Good scouting Tony Khan.

Hector appears to be exactly what we needed...and Scott and Tony deserve credit for bringing him in.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 17, 2020, 10:00:35 PM
Good scouting Tony Khan.

Hector appears to be exactly what we needed...and Scott and Tony deserve credit for bringing him in.

TK has done a great job this season IMO

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on January 17, 2020, 09:57:25 PM

Not sure we'll see Kongolo in a league match for a while. Can't drop Ream after a clean sheet, and even when we do, I can't see Kongolo leapfrogging Mawson in the queue

Future left back for the team, not future CB.

Karlos

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 17, 2020, 09:48:26 PM
Absolute beast at the back, just what we have been missing

+1  hopefully he continues like this

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Ordar on January 17, 2020, 09:45:36 PM
Can we talk about how good Hector was. Calm, dominant. A+ for me. Everything we were missing

He's obviously a monster. Clean sheets since he came in; no coincidence about that. Somebody just pondered if we'd had him in August...
Foolish ham