more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Surely That Is It For Parker Now?

Started by ByTheRiver, February 15, 2020, 04:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

Quote from: colinwhite on February 15, 2020, 06:04:23 PM
So Bythe river your suggestion is what exactly? sack parker now or what do you mean ? explain please.

Parker was never really my choice. I have tried to support him, give the benefit of doubt, go with all the excuses offered here, but it's very clear we are not performing. Forget the league table (we could and should be doing far better than we are) - do you see a team playing as a unit? Comfortable in transitions? Do you see a number of players in form? Do you see the more average players appearing adequate/good due to the system?

No? Okay. Who's job is the above?

I get the argument of not changing now whilst we are still in with a shout of promotion. But the counter argument is exactly that too. Just today and Wednesday (games we absolutely should have won, no arguments/excuses) would have had us comfortably 2nd and in contention. Are we? No.

Would you feel confident in a play off against Forest and or Brentford playing as we have, essentially, all season? I'm not sure I would...

itombomb

I do wonder if the Parker supporters actually watch us play with any regularity. We play awful football which is as turgid as it gets - and the players are playing faithfully to his system.

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 15, 2020, 04:57:05 PM
What has Rodak making three blunders got to do with Parker?
He also made a couple of very good saves, and has been the primary factor in us securing several wins and draws this season.

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 15, 2020, 04:57:05 PM
What has Rodak making three blunders got to do with Parker?
Failing to score at home against the bottom of the table team has to be addressed by the manager especially when there have been signs of such a result coming in other recent matches.

Andy S

It's touch and go whether we will get promoted now after throwing away 5 points in two games. If the Khans target was promotion , it seems that at this late stage Parker has lost the dressing room if he ever had it. It seems to me that the bravest thing to do if you are director of football would be to relieve Mr Parker of his responsibilities with immediate effect. Keegan did it to his best mate Wilkins and although it didn't work that time we were closer to the play-offs. If you give the new man until the end of the season you then have a second chance should it not be successful. Yes I feel sorry for Parker but I feel more sorry for our supporters

Nero

The think today was there left nack was right football to deal with Kock cutting inside, I might be mistaken but at no point did Parker look to swap the wingers

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Nero on February 15, 2020, 07:48:01 PM
The think today was there left nack was right football to deal with Kock cutting inside, I might be mistaken but at no point did Parker look to swap the wingers
This is a constant failure,  but parker continues to persist  with it.

toshes mate

The writing on the wall has not suddenly appeared following today's heavy defeat against the bottom side in the league.  It has been writ large since the very first game this season.

It just goes to show how a head coach and his mates can be suckered into believing they really are better than the performances over the past six and a half months would suggest to any true professional football eye.  Parker says, somewhat ironically today, that he 'didn't see [Barnsley] coming'.  Those should be his famous last words as he is shown the door, but, of course it will not happen because he still has thirteen (unlucky for some) matches left to redeem himself and football results can be strange beasts. 

He needs to stop kidding himself that he knows what he is doing and start working truly hard to actually select his best eleven, in a formation that works, with player partnerships that work, with tactics that players understand,  with a bit more nous about player selections and a hell of a lot less obsession over his pet projects.   

Performances show Parker is not (yet or even ever) a good coach and it is going to take a huge shift in his personality to actually begin to see the wood for the trees so far as running a Championship team is concerned, IMO.    I have had doubts about him since he came back from Spurs and, unfortunately for him, I do not believe he has learnt anything, because, like the Khans, he is repeating mistakes over and over again.  But can the Khans get someone in who can do as good a job as Jokanovic?   I don't think so.

Fulham 442

Quote from: bobby01 on February 15, 2020, 05:50:54 PM
I for the most part have not knocked him this season, I have questioned team selections,ie his persistence in playing Onomah on occasions, I have questioned tactics on occasions, I have questioned style of play. I have now reached the same stage as Ben where I doubt I will go to the cottage or away again whilst he is still in charge.
Fulham are my team and always have my support but I also want to see some reasonable football, I will no longer pay hard earned money to watch the same failed system of play with poor decisions in selection.
I dread us going up under this manager as we will be record breakers getting relegated again, I sincerely think he has lost the dressing room, that could be the reasons for Mitrovic s lack lustre displays as he gets battered every week by two big centre half's because the system does not support him. Odoi played well v Millwall then he is dropped for sess who has been out of favour for weeks. Stefjo has done nothing wrong but no longer gets a look in.
I think the players have no faith in the style of play and it shows with the lack of form from most of them.
I really don't know where we go from here, I think he has to go and we need to forget promotion this year and sort out a system of playing to our strengths.

On a side note, due respect Cauley for not rubbing our faces in it when you scored.
Plus 1 from me

Statto

Quote from: Matt10 on February 15, 2020, 05:42:14 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on February 15, 2020, 05:37:02 PM
I understand people are mad.  Heck, I'm made at loosing to a bottom place team.  But I think lots of people are doing the knee jerk reaction.

That's fairly common, especially right after the match. No matter what fan base, there are always knee-jerk reactions, and always those who summarize player/managers based on small sample size. I'm still not convinced Parker needs to go, mainly because I see the issues from both Barnsley and Millwall as tactical adjustments needed versus an entire upheaval. You know me, Don; I refuse to take part in a toxic relationship that is predicated on being so hot and cold from match-to-match.

I agree!
I only hope none of these stupid people work important jobs Monday to friday.
Imagine doctors making "hot and cold" or "knee jerk" judgements about whether someone should have an operation

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Statto on February 15, 2020, 10:40:21 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on February 15, 2020, 05:42:14 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on February 15, 2020, 05:37:02 PM
I understand people are mad.  Heck, I'm made at loosing to a bottom place team.  But I think lots of people are doing the knee jerk reaction.

That's fairly common, especially right after the match. No matter what fan base, there are always knee-jerk reactions, and always those who summarize player/managers based on small sample size. I'm still not convinced Parker needs to go, mainly because I see the issues from both Barnsley and Millwall as tactical adjustments needed versus an entire upheaval. You know me, Don; I refuse to take part in a toxic relationship that is predicated on being so hot and cold from match-to-match.

I agree!
I only hope none of these stupid people work important jobs Monday to friday.
Imagine doctors making "hot and cold" or "knee jerk" judgements about whether someone should have an operation

No. Doctors look at six months of patient history as well as current outlook and determine whether they should have surgery.

Woolly Mammoth

Only if they suffer from Haemorrhoids or Acute Flatulence.
39 points for Scott Parker and his players to prove their critics wrong.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

parker took a nose dive for me today
team selection...wrong
tactics (such as they were)...wrong
substitutions... insane

i have felt he was showing inexperience, that is not what it was today, today was his own fault and he should have seen that we were very poor in the last few games and tried to improve it. he has demotivated our best player by playing out of position and asking him to do things that are not his forte.

I am dubious now about parker as our man for next season, he seems to be like the khan's unale to learn from previous mistakes

if we had WBA's manager we would be 15 points clear by now, he has a less good squad than us and one or two other teams but they are performing. today was shocking.

David Allen Crankshaw

I just cannot understand the insistence of playing inverted winders as they are so predictable. They cut inside, try to beat a couple of defenders and if successful then whack the ball several yards over the crossbar.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on February 16, 2020, 12:05:49 PM
I just cannot understand the insistence of playing inverted winders as they are so predictable. They cut inside, try to beat a couple of defenders and if successful then whack the ball several yards over the crossbar.
So right, we can see it, but SP does not seem to.