https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 17, 2020, 02:39:42 PM
I guess Pique aint coming then?

Think we dropped our interst whwn Messi said he was staying, we where getting Pique as a mte

Jim©

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 17, 2020, 02:44:22 PM
Quote from: jelmo on September 17, 2020, 02:33:41 PM
Isn't Kongolo another championship level signing though? Also... He's been injured for so long that it would take him too long to get up to speed for my liking. Just seems like a cheap and easy option to me.
Depends on whether you rate the Dutch league or not. I mean...Feyenood has beaten Dortmund in the past.

I don't worry about his quality. I worry about his injuries moving forward.  He wouldn't be our only CB signing...I'd bet my car on that.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

He was very highly regarded in Holland, played in all age groups including main team. He's good. He could be very good, just hope he stays fit.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 17, 2020, 02:37:40 PM
So Scott and Tony aren't blind to the obvious. Who knew? Maybe we can be a little more patient... regardless of how painful it might be.

Or TK reacts/is prompted by fan pressure/discontent. Who can say.

Either way, if folk can see the glaring obvious, they are well within their right to point this out on a message board about the club. The fact they have now said it, backs those who have go on and on and legitimises them rather than 'who knew?' and be more patient.

Deeping_white

itombomb

Kongolo would be a good signing, but you'd hope he's one of 2 CBs we bring in.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 17, 2020, 02:56:39 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 17, 2020, 02:37:40 PM
So Scott and Tony aren't blind to the obvious. Who knew? Maybe we can be a little more patient... regardless of how painful it might be.

Or TK reacts/is prompted by fan pressure/discontent. Who can say.

Either way, if folk can see the glaring obvious, they are well within their right to point this out on a message board about the club. The fact they have now said it, backs those who have go on and on and legitimises them rather than 'who knew?' and be more patient.
Button pushed? Put me on ignore if you wish.

Never stated or implied that someone didn't have "the right" to post non offensive things on a sports forum.
Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

HillingdonFFC

Kongolo.  Let's sign a central defender with injury problems. What could possibly go wrong??
Been down that road already

Deeping_white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 17, 2020, 03:07:24 PM
Kongolo.  Let's sign a central defender with injury problems. What could possibly go wrong??

He doesn't really have injury problems though, he got unlucky and broke a bone in his foot, which if you're going to do any damage to your foot, a broken bone is the best thing to do as it heals quickest. That's only his second injury since being in England as well since Jan 2018

The Rock

Quote from: absenteeism on September 17, 2020, 01:21:02 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 17, 2020, 01:00:29 PM
Think we should offer Spurs £10m for Sess now they're getting Bale back and pushing him even further down the pecking order at LW, and putting Regullion ahead of him at LB too
Why?

Tony Khan has burned that bridge. Plus the Levy Khan snr drama.

Jok got the best out of Sess so far. But is Sess a left winger? I don't think so. Is he a left back? I don't think so. Strange.

Agreed. TK for all the stupid things he does and says was spot on in his assesment of Sess and not sure he's good enough for us to have in the PL at this point.

rebel

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 17, 2020, 03:11:04 PM

He doesn't really have injury problems though, he got unlucky and broke a bone in his foot, which if you're going to do any damage to your foot, a broken bone is the best thing to do as it heals quickest. That's only his second injury since being in England as well since Jan 2018

On the plus side his 'injury' occurred in his debut match, so we haven't got any form guide to go by, he might be a revelation, he cost Huddersfield a lot of money.

The Rock

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 17, 2020, 02:32:48 PM
Also said this:

Defensively we've not brought in many players, some full backs but not centrally. Certainly midfield we've brought in some players but front half and defensively we're looking to improve and make us better.
To evolve as team you need to keep doing that with the players. You don't want to sign them for the sake of it.

Looks like forwards and centre backs are flavour of the month now

Captain Obvious. A month late but better late than never perhaps. It will be interesting to see how many points it potentially costs us for the shortsightedness taking we do sign a few CB's and a striker and how long it takes them to acclimate.

Going to be looking strong for the Championship next year.

Count Flapula

Huge difference between busted ACL and a broken metatarsal - never heard of a career ending metatarsal injury, thankfully!

finknottle

Quote from: jelmo on September 17, 2020, 02:33:41 PM
Isn't Kongolo another championship level signing though? Also... He's been injured for so long that it would take him too long to get up to speed for my liking. Just seems like a cheap and easy option to me.

He was Huddersfield's record signing and played 1.5 seasons for them in the Premiership so at least does have Premiership experience, although they were then relegated! Suspect he's still a decent player but I would worry that he hasn't played for 7 months.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Count Flapula on September 17, 2020, 03:29:47 PM

Huge difference between busted ACL and a broken metatarsal - never heard of a career ending metatarsal injury, thankfully!

Who had a busted ACL?

Deeping_white

Quote from: rebel on September 17, 2020, 03:25:44 PM

On the plus side his 'injury' occurred in his debut match, so we haven't got any form guide to go by, he might be a revelation, he cost Huddersfield a lot of money.

Second appearance I think, made his debut against City and made a worldy of a tackle to deny city a goal. He's a good player and he's got potential to be with us for a few years and become the player expected of him 3/4 years ago. If we pay under £10m it's a good deal and leaves money in the kitty for a really good starting CB

Denzil Dexter

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19

Brewster to Palace? [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

sarnian

Kongolo's name could well be a red herring while we negotiate with someone else. No updates from LVBPT the last few days as to whether anything positive may be going on.

Tabby

Looks like West London sport finally found the interview with Seri's agent today.

rebel

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 17, 2020, 03:42:29 PM
Quote from: rebel on September 17, 2020, 03:25:44 PM

Second appearance I think, made his debut against City and made a worldy of a tackle to deny city a goal. He's a good player and he's got potential to be with us for a few years and become the player expected of him 3/4 years ago. If we pay under £10m it's a good deal and leaves money in the kitty for a really good starting CB

You're probably right, Wiki says he played one match in the league. Maybe get him on loan again, then buy next summer depending on performances.