more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa loan status?

Started by AnOldBrownie, June 02, 2020, 02:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Penfold on June 17, 2020, 12:54:27 PM
Villareal have an option to make the deal permanent. Anybody got any idea whether or not they would have some sort of agreement in place with Anguissa in advance that means that they simply exercise the option and he signs, or do they exercise the option and then have to agree personal terms etc.?

Why haven't they done it yet?   We signed Cav when we knew we wanted him.

QuoteAnguissa played yesterday almost exactly how I would want him to play, how anyone who saw him before he came to Villarreal would expect him to play, he%u2019s just not a defensive midfielder.

A good breakdown of the game yesterday.  Good mention of Anguissa.   Author agrees with my opinion that Anguissa isn't a true CDM.    (neither was Seri to be fair)

We'd need to invest 25 million + for another midfielder whose main focus is protecting the back 4.

QuoteDepends on whether or not Fulham get promoted. They are third in the Championship right now. If they get promoted they%u2019ll want to use Zambo unless they get his full 25m fee. If they don%u2019t get promoted, maybe they want another loan for him or want to just get what they can, who knows. For 25m, Zambo is a good deal for teams that operate with English Premier League money. We don%u2019t. We need a six, Zambo is a (splendid) 8, and unless that fee gets at least halved there%u2019s just no way we can pay to have him permanently.

Penfold

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 17, 2020, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: Penfold on June 17, 2020, 12:54:27 PM
Villareal have an option to make the deal permanent. Anybody got any idea whether or not they would have some sort of agreement in place with Anguissa in advance that means that they simply exercise the option and he signs, or do they exercise the option and then have to agree personal terms etc.?

Why haven't they done it yet?   We signed Cav when we knew we wanted him.

QuoteAnguissa played yesterday almost exactly how I would want him to play, how anyone who saw him before he came to Villarreal would expect him to play, he%u2019s just not a defensive midfielder.

A good breakdown of the game yesterday.  Good mention of Anguissa.   Author agrees with my opinion that Anguissa isn't a true CDM.    (neither was Seri to be fair)

We'd need to invest 25 million + for another midfielder whose main focus is protecting the back 4.

QuoteDepends on whether or not Fulham get promoted. They are third in the Championship right now. If they get promoted they%u2019ll want to use Zambo unless they get his full 25m fee. If they don%u2019t get promoted, maybe they want another loan for him or want to just get what they can, who knows. For 25m, Zambo is a good deal for teams that operate with English Premier League money. We don%u2019t. We need a six, Zambo is a (splendid) 8, and unless that fee gets at least halved there%u2019s just no way we can pay to have him permanently.

With regard to why have they not exercised the option, maybe it is because they don't have to at present? Maybe to do with accounting. Maybe they won't bother.

Just have to wait and see.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: @jolslover on June 17, 2020, 09:03:35 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 17, 2020, 01:49:27 AM
I want Anguissa back.

I just watched him on Villarreal today against Mallorca and he's REALLY good on the ball.   I mean, he's probably better on the ball than anyone we currently have playing midfield (including Carney).   He still doesn't have that motor I want in a CDM or a box to box...but he's got very good ball skill, can make a tackle, has decent pace and is tall.

And he's already under contract if we go up.    The problem is, he needs someone better than Seri sitting beside him in the midfield or we'll constantly have people attacking our back line.   

I'd rather have Anguissa than Onamah, Reed or Archer on the squad, and I mean right now...before we get promotion.  He's simply a better baller.

Agree, I think he is our best midfielder - a different level to Arter / Reed
It's all about opinions Jols.
To me he was not aggressive or committed enough.
Also I can't errase the images of him just trotting back when we were being attacked, with just a bit more effort could have got a challenge of block in.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 18, 2020, 10:55:21 PM
I want Anguissa back.

I just watched him on Villarreal today against Mallorca and he's REALLY good on the ball.   I mean, he's probably better on the ball than anyone we currently have playing midfield (including Carney).   He still doesn't have that motor I want in a CDM or a box to box...but he's got very good ball skill, can make a tackle, has decent pace and is tall.

And he's already under contract if we go up.    The problem is, he needs someone better than Seri sitting beside him in the midfield or we'll constantly have people attacking our back line.   

I'd rather have Anguissa than Onamah, Reed or Archer on the squad, and I mean right now...before we get promotion.  He's simply a better baller.

Also I can't errase the images of him just trotting back when we were being attacked, with just a bit more effort could have got a challenge of block in.

I agree again with you Jim's Dentist, Anguissa was a pussycat compared to the other two, no commitment no heart or passion and his body language stunk. Always punched below his weight. He was with other signings the reason why the dressing room was fractured from the start. Glad to have seen the back of him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 19, 2020, 12:31:06 AM
I want Anguissa back.I just watched him on Villarreal today against Mallorca and he's REALLY good on the ball.   I mean, he's probably better on the ball than anyone we currently have playing midfield (including Carney).   He still doesn't have that motor I want in a CDM or a box to box...but he's got very good ball skill, can make a tackle, has decent pace and is tall.

And he's already under contract if we go up.    The problem is, he needs someone better than Seri sitting beside him in the midfield or we'll constantly have people attacking our back line. I'd rather have Anguissa than Onamah, Reed or Archer on the squad, and I mean right now...before we get promotion.  He's simply a better baller.

I agree again with you Jim's Dentist, Anguissa was a pussycat compared to the other two, no commitment no heart or passion and his body language stunk. Always punched below his weight. He was with other signings the reason why the dressing room was fractured from the start. Glad to have seen the back of him.

I personally think the fractured dressing room was the promoted squad's fault, as the new players would have wanted to be part of the team but the existing players probably wanted the new players on the sidelines. After the first 4-5 games, there is no doubt Anguissa, Seri and Schrulle's heads were down, but Anguissa has proven that he can be very determined player in Marseille, later period of Fulham and Villareal.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 19, 2020, 02:00:20 AM
I want Anguissa back.I just watched him on Villarreal today against Mallorca and he's REALLY good on the ball.   I mean, he's probably better on the ball than anyone we currently have playing midfield (including Carney).   He still doesn't have that motor I want in a CDM or a box to box...but he's got very good ball skill, can make a tackle, has decent pace and is tall.

And he's already under contract if we go up.    The problem is, he needs someone better than Seri sitting beside him in the midfield or we'll constantly have people attacking our back line. I'd rather have Anguissa than Onamah, Reed or Archer on the squad, and I mean right now...before we get promotion.  He's simply a better baller.

I personally think the fractured dressing room was the promoted squad's fault, as the new players would have wanted to be part of the team but the existing players probably wanted the new players on the sidelines. After the first 4-5 games, there is no doubt Anguissa, Seri and Schrulle's heads were down, but Anguissa has proven that he can be very determined player in Marseille, later period of Fulham and Villareal.

Lol, Schurrle's head was never up.

Colton F.C.

The basic requirements for a Fulham players are to have fire in their bellies, to defend stoutly and attack with determination.  Prima donnas – Ruiz, Berbatov, Schurrie, Anguissa, Seri and Marsh/Best need not apply.  The coach can sort the rest out.  We are always going to be up against it in the Premier League but if able to fight harder than the opposition results will come.

Sheffield United have shown how to retain premier status in a first season. Bournemouth, Watford and Brighton have shown how to remain there.  It was not so long ago that a team of journeymen (albeit talented) with the right attitude reached a European final.

Spend on the right sort of players.

dgnffc

That's unfair on Best I feel. Whenever I saw him he was always putting the effort in - however unfit he might have been!

os5889 mkII

Read the thread title as "Anguissa loan statue" as a veiled dig at Ibrahima Cisse.
@OsmithFFC

Penfold

Quote from: os5889 mkII on June 19, 2020, 11:47:58 AM
Read the thread title as "Anguissa loan statue" as a veiled dig at Ibrahima Cisse.

That's worth another thread. We were linked with him in a couple of windows prior to signing but then no coach rated him much. Think that must've been a case of ticking the stats boxes.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 19, 2020, 01:00:57 PM

Well if you were a player who had just run through a brick wall to get Fulham promoted and then watch big time charlie's like Schurrle etc walk in who may have shown the wrong attitude whether it be at training or in the dressing room, because they certainly showed no commitment or passion or workrate or effort on the field of play to play within the framework of the team. One of the keepers could not even speak English. That was another poor judgement by the Crack Recruitment Unit.
I would be very very cheesed off if I was a current player and saw this happening, not good for team spirit, and this was magnified by ill judged recruiting and further magnified by how late they were and the lack of preseason preparation. 
As for Anguissa he may look more impressive in another Country where you don't have to get your shorts dirty, but he did not cut it in England because he did not really want to be here, the football was too intense and even the cut he got from his transfer fee was still not enough for him to show commitment to his employers. Even though the club needed to take his salary off the wage bill. He could not wait to jump ship.
We don't need high maintenance players like Zambo or Schurrie etc, completely destroys team spirit and a nightmare for a manager who probably did not have them on his wanted list, and was chosen by the owners son via a computers stats, not very bright. 

Never forget your Roots.

General

Question - if the spanish league finshed before the end of the season for us, and Anguissa's loan is finished, does he come back to the club and become eligible to play for the rest of our games, or is he not registered as our player and therefore unable to play?

Jim©

As for Anguissa he may look more impressive in another Country where you don't have to get your shorts dirty

I love the fact that people think that other leagues are a piece of cake compared to whatever one we're in. Spain's top league, team for team, would probably take our bottom half to the cleaners. And I'm not sure you've watched Athletico play in the last few years, they make the Crazy Gang look like a church choir.

AnOldBrownie

Well if you were a player who had just run through a brick wall to get Fulham promoted and then watch big time charlie's like Schurrle etc walk in who showed may have shown the wrong attitude whether it be at training or in the dressing room, because they certainly showed no commitment or passion or workrate or effort on the field of play to play within the framework of the team. One of the keepers could even speak English. That was another poor judgement by the Crack Recruitment Unit.
I would be very very cheesed off if I was a current player and saw this happening, not good for team spirit, and this was magnified by ill judged recruiting and further magnified by how late they were and the lack of preseason preparation. 
As for Anguissa he may look more impressive in another Country where you don't have to get your shorts dirty, but he did not cut it in England because he did not really want to be here, the football was too intense and even the cut he got from his transfer fee was still not enough for him to show commitment to his employers. Even though the club needed to take his salary off the wage bill. He could wait to jump ship.
We don't need high maintenance players like Zambo or Schurrie etc, completely destroys team spirit and a nightmare for a manager who probably did not have them on his wanted list, and was chosen by the owners son via a computers stats, not very bright.

Will you concede that Scott Parker does in fact rate Zambo?   

You're making a lot of assumptions about team chemistry based on nothing but poor performance on the pitch.   It doesn't mean he or even Seri led to poor chemistry, regardless of Tim Ream's comments.

Is he a perfect EFFORT player?  Heck no.  I've seen him walk around on La Liga's pitches as well.   What he's missing are better teammates that can cover for his specific weaknesses.  He's still a very good on the ball footballer.

You can't have Seri and Anguissa in the same midfield (unless you plan on winning a lot of 4-3 games).

Hopefully, if Anguissa does come back they can supplement him with a work horse, tall, good ball in the air CDM.    I personally think he can shine.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 19, 2020, 04:34:12 PM

Well if you were a player who had just run through a brick wall to get Fulham promoted and then watch big time charlie's like Schurrle etc walk in who showed may have shown the wrong attitude whether it be at training or in the dressing room, because they certainly showed no commitment or passion or workrate or effort on the field of play to play within the framework of the team. One of the keepers could even speak English. That was another poor judgement by the Crack Recruitment Unit.
As for Anguissa he may look more impressive in another Country where you don't have to get your shorts dirty, but he did not cut it in England because he did not really want to be here, the football was too intense and even the cut he got from his transfer fee was still not enough for him to show commitment to his employers. Even though the club needed to take his salary off the wage bill. He could wait to jump ship.

You're making a lot of assumptions about team chemistry based on nothing but poor performance on the pitch.   It doesn't mean he or even Seri led to poor chemistry, regardless of Tim Ream's comments.

Is he a perfect EFFORT player?  Heck no.  I've seen him walk around on La Liga's pitches as well.   What he's missing are better teammates that can cover for his specific weaknesses.  He's still a very good on the ball footballer.

You can't have Seri and Anguissa in the same midfield (unless you plan on winning a lot of 4-3 games).

Hopefully, if Anguissa does come back they can supplement him with a work horse, tall, good ball in the air CDM.    I personally think he can shine.

Well if I had to pick a team to save my life he would not be in it, and I would continue to live to a ripe old age.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

If I agreed with you we would both be wrong.

Never forget your Roots.

Penfold

But do we know if SP does really rate him?

Maybe he does. But if he doesn't he's not going to say so is he?

If Fulham were to be looking to move him on permantly (and I'm not saying we are) the coach is not going to come out and say he's pony is he?

Penfold

Quote from: Jim© on June 19, 2020, 04:24:54 PM

As for Anguissa he may look more impressive in another Country where you don't have to get your shorts dirty

I love the fact that people think that other leagues are a piece of cake compared to whatever one we're in. Spain's top league, team for team, would probably take our bottom half to the cleaners. And I'm not sure you've watched Athletico play in the last few years, they make the Crazy Gang look like a church choir.

A very fair point made about other leagues. I've not seen any La Liga since Sky lost coverage of it but was generally very impressed with the technical level and, as you pointed out, there are some teams who can mix it. Or in Real Madrid's case, Sergio Ramos.

@jolslover

I don't understand 'he did not cut it in England' it took him a while to adapt but under Parker he put in atleast 3 MOTM performances against top 6 clubs and was one of our better players...
STH H3

Whitestone

Anguissa is an excellent  player. Superior to Arter, Reed, McDonald etc. Sure he may not have shown the passion they have but he's an upgrade in every other aspect. Last season he was still finding his feet at a new team who were struggling to adapt in a new league when he sustained an injury which kept him out for months. He was a young player, new to the Premier League. Maybe given time that passion that some seem to think is a requisite may have shone through. Surprised how unforgiving some supporters are. We were a struggling team from the off. It was never going to be easy for any new player last season. When he came back he showed his qualities with MOM performances. I was disappointed when he was loaned out.