more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa loan status?

Started by AnOldBrownie, June 02, 2020, 02:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Greetings TRF.
As has been written many times, statistics don't tell the full story.
Sorry I've not responded to your post before now.
However in the meantime it would certainly appear that the vast majority of posters seem to now share my high opinion of Harrison, there being a number of threads saying how crucial to us he is.

AnOldBrownie

Not sure how we got into a Harrison Reed vs Anguissa debate.   I like them both for different reasons.  And I want both of them on the squad next season.

Thing is, if promotoed I think we need to sign a midfielder that's better than both of them.   

I think Harrison is a perfect Championship #6.   I think he provides more value than Cav, Knock and Bobby.   I still want Anguissa in our midfield.   He's better overall than Arter or Stefjo as a #8.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 09, 2020, 02:23:32 AM
Greetings TRF.
However in the meantime it would certainly appear that the vast majority of posters seem to now share my high opinion of Harrison, there being a number of threads saying how crucial to us he is.

I have a high opinion of Mitrovic too, but many posters are asking about our performance with and without him in the team. I am sure, most fans would agree Mitrovic is a top player that is crucial to us, that joined us on an undefeated streak, but after three victories without him, a few losses would get many fans suggesting to bench him even if he performs well.

Harrison Reed looks awesome and its a mystery way his win/loss statistics are poo, but right now his price could be £20m. If he £15m+ to justify that price we need results with him in the team. His win-loss record at every club is poor including at Norwich in 17/18, noticeable he left and they won 40 of 46 games the next season.

Of course, based on his current performance Harrison Reed would play in any Championship side, giving him the chance for a ten-game winning streak to end the debate of win/loss record problem and then we should pay whatever price they ask.

Statistics are useful because they sometimes repeat themselves, and I wouldn't be spending big bucks on a Harrison Reed if the trend continues over the remaining games. Denis Odoi on the other hand has a beautiful win/loss record with statistics that are very kind to him unlike many fans opinion. 

Jamie88

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 09, 2020, 07:18:01 AM
Greetings TRF.

I have a high opinion of Mitrovic too, but many posters are asking about our performance with and without him in the team. I am sure, most fans would agree Mitrovic is a top player that is crucial to us, that joined us on an undefeated streak, but after three victories without him, a few losses would get many fans suggesting to bench him even if he performs well.

Harrison Reed looks awesome and its a mystery way his win/loss statistics are poo, but right now his price could be £20m. If he £15m+ to justify that price we need results with him in the team. His win-loss record at every club is poor including at Norwich in 17/18, noticeable he left and they won 40 of 46 games the next season.

Of course, based on his current performance Harrison Reed would play in any Championship side, giving him the chance for a ten-game winning streak to end the debate of win/loss record problem and then we should pay whatever price they ask.

Statistics are useful because they sometimes repeat themselves, and I wouldn't be spending big bucks on a Harrison Reed if the trend continues over the remaining games. Denis Odoi on the other hand has a beautiful win/loss record with statistics that are very kind to him unlike many fans opinion. 

But we have only lost 5 matches out of 22 that Reed has played in for us, I would not say that is a bad thing personally.

Woolly Mammoth

Greetings TRF.

TRF, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Greetings TRF.
However in the meantime it would certainly appear that the vast majority of posters seem to now share mHiy high opinion of Harrison, there being a number of threads saying how crucial to us he is.

Hi TRF, good that we finally agree on somethings!
That HR is a very good midfielder (putting stats to one side)
Also an appreciation of what Denis Odoi brings to the team.

AnOldBrownie

Anguissa + Harrison + a 30 million midfield signing would be a good EPL midfield imo.

ManUtd got a player in Bruno Fernandez that's made a world of difference for 30 million.

fulhamfever

Anguissa I would like to see now have a chance in the Prem if we get there. He has had a great season in Spain and it's a difficult league. However, I wouldn't sell him just yet.

JamesDavisea

It is an interesting case and I have recently read similar cases. In general, this topic about the loan is a complicated one, which requires a lot of discussions because it's not that simple everything. Personally, when I wanted to take a loan, I thought well and came to the conclusion that I will not be able to do everything well on my own and I was afraid of regrets over time. For this reason, I turned to Hull Mortgage Advisor, who analyzed every detail and came up with the ideal solution for me, which made my life a lot easier.

bobbo

i dont profess to understand the figures re FFP but how are chelsea and others able to spend 200 million plus and dont seem to come under the same restrictions that are talked about on here . dont make it too complicated but enlighten me please,
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Asotosyios

Quote from: bobbo on January 23, 2021, 11:27:07 AM
i dont profess to understand the figures re FFP but how are chelsea and others able to spend 200 million plus and dont seem to come under the same restrictions that are talked about on here . dont make it too complicated but enlighten me please,

To put it simply: higher income --> more money to spend.

bobbo

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 23, 2021, 11:31:32 AM
Quote from: bobbo on January 23, 2021, 11:27:07 AM
thanks asto, I thought that's the answer but wasn't sure . That still makes it a very unlevel playing ground.

To put it simply: higher income --> more money to spend.
1975 just leaving home full of hope