SP TK.

Started by blingo, September 13, 2020, 04:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 10:20:32 PM
Quote from: BarryP on September 13, 2020, 06:51:10 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:13:04 PM

Bad management decisions mate.
Babel, did ok but could have done so much better with better players around him. But again...too old.

Ha, Babel too old?  He had more giddyup than 95% of FFC......

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Jim© on September 14, 2020, 11:21:40 AM
It's a no win situation for Khan/Parker  whatever happens really.
1) Parker doesn't play any new signings = Khan's fault as they're not good enough to strengthen the team
2) Parker puts in a few good signings and we lose to in form Arsenal= Parker's fault "didn't he learn from our last promotion season" or even Khan's fault as many will believe Khan tells Parker what team to pick (honestly, there are a number of people who actually think this).
3) We buy a very, very highly regarded GK and it's put Marek's nose out of joint= Khan's fault. Unless of course he goes on to be exceptional.
4) We get relegated= Parker's fault showed up as a hoax of a manager (not my belief at all) or Khan's fault " he didn't invest in the team"
5) We stay up= no one's fault. There'll still be some on here saying if we'd bought x,y or z we'd have finished 3 points higher etc etc

It's all blame, blame, blame.
I was shocked by the barrage of abuse for our performance at the weekend, especially for Ream who bar one fluffed clearance, had a very good game.
It was much easier supporting a club pre-social media.

Too many big babies... couldn't agree more.

blingo

Problem is he's a good championship player but not good enough for the premiership

blingo

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 13, 2020, 04:47:13 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:33:31 PM
And we should have gone up as champions not through the play offs with the best squad in the championship. SP was lucky in the championship. He won't cut it at this level.

I am sorry this is the positive Blingo who does nothing but be positive? So now your theory is get rid of the coach and the system that won two promotions. This after one match in the Prem against a team who finished well and probably are in the top three in the division.

Remind me not to be as positive as you.

Keep watching and you will see im not wrong

RoyTund

Fulham are very lucky to have the Khans. Yes it comes with frustrations.  It's not perfect.  But I do think we need to keep an eye on the bigger picture. If they stopped putting money in I think we might find it difficult to find a buyer anywhere near their financial muscle. For a club like ours that would prob mean another decline.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RoyTund on September 21, 2020, 12:06:16 AM
Fulham are very lucky to have the Khans. Yes it comes with frustrations.  It's not perfect.  But I do think we need to keep an eye on the bigger picture. If they stopped putting money in I think we might find it difficult to find a buyer anywhere near their financial muscle. For a club like ours that would prob mean another decline.

Fulham got promoted through the Championship Playoff of 2018, and two years later we are still in the premier league, out of the 14 teams that have been promoted though the playoffs only 5 teams were in the premier league two years later.

Five Teams that were promoted through the championship playoffs and were in the premier league two seasons later include: West Ham 05/06, West Ham 12/13, Swansea 11/12, Crystal Palace 13/14 and Fulham 17/18.

Nine Teams that were promoted through the championship playoffs and weren't in the premier league two seasons later include: Watford 2006, Derby 07, Hull 08, Burnley 09, Blackpool 10, QPR 14, Norwich 15, Hull 16 and Huddersfield 17.

So apart from West Ham, out of the eleven teams promoted though the playoffs two years later, two have done better than Fulham 17/18 and nine have done worse than Fulham 17/18. Some fans have a strange defination of success vs failure.

If the Fulham DOF is viewed as underperforming coming "third out of twelve", then I suspect anything less than a MAF Miracle wouldn't satisfy the fans, and such a miracle would cost 4-6x more these days to do (i.e. £1.0B-£1.5B). Unless, someone knows a Fulham Fan with a richer daddy than Tony Khan, we cannot repeat the MAF Miracle.

blingo

The Khans have stated that the club must be self funding, so apart from the riverside stand, where's the massive cash injection?

rebel

Quote from: blingo on September 21, 2020, 03:47:21 AM
The Khans have stated that the club must be self funding, so apart from the riverside stand, where's the massive cash injection?

I can't believe you've asked that question. I'm sure a 'business plan' is under way, under the Directorship of KJ to produce 'Thames Pride', a sparkling fizzy mineral water. £50 a bottle, it's been done before.

https://www.thesun.ie/video/tvandshowbiz/bottling-peckham-springs-water-in-classic-only-fools-and-horses-clip/

blingo

Quote from: rebel on September 21, 2020, 07:07:13 AM
Quote from: blingo on September 21, 2020, 03:47:21 AM

I can't believe you've asked that question. I'm sure a 'business plan' is under way, under the Directorship of KJ to produce 'Thames Pride', a sparkling fizzy mineral water. £50 a bottle, it's been done before.

https://www.thesun.ie/video/tvandshowbiz/bottling-peckham-springs-water-in-classic-only-fools-and-horses-clip/
hahahahahahahahaha

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 21, 2020, 02:27:42 AM
Quote from: RoyTund on September 21, 2020, 12:06:16 AM

Fulham got promoted through the Championship Playoff of 2018, and two years later we are still in the premier league, out of the 14 teams that have been promoted though the playoffs only 5 teams were in the premier league two years later.

Five Teams that were promoted through the championship playoffs and were in the premier league two seasons later include: West Ham 05/06, West Ham 12/13, Swansea 11/12, Crystal Palace 13/14 and Fulham 17/18.

Nine Teams that were promoted through the championship playoffs and weren't in the premier league two seasons later include: Watford 2006, Derby 07, Hull 08, Burnley 09, Blackpool 10, QPR 14, Norwich 15, Hull 16 and Huddersfield 17.

So apart from West Ham, out of the eleven teams promoted though the playoffs two years later, two have done better than Fulham 17/18 and nine have done worse than Fulham 17/18. Some fans have a strange defination of success vs failure.

If the Fulham DOF is viewed as underperforming coming "third out of twelve", then I suspect anything less than a MAF Miracle wouldn't satisfy the fans, and such a miracle would cost 4-6x more these days to do (i.e. £1.0B-£1.5B). Unless, someone knows a Fulham Fan with a richer daddy than Tony Khan, we cannot repeat the MAF Miracle.

Very selective and disingenuous use of stats there.

9 out 15 clubs promoted in the last five seasons stayed up. Going straight back down in 18/19 put us in a poorly-performing minority. Spending £100m and still going straight back down put us in an even smaller minority, which we occupy alone. 18/19 was a f***-up and any stats purporting to show otherwise are grossly misleading. 

As for the MAF miracle, that turned us from a poor League Two club into a top 10 PL team. We don't need that now. We're already in the PL and just need to stay there. That shouldn't cost £1.5 billion. The £100m TV money alone should be enough to keep us up, if spent intelligently.

blingo

Guess i wasnt too far out eh?

blingo

Quote from: blingo on September 20, 2020, 08:10:30 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 13, 2020, 04:47:13 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:33:31 PM
And we should have gone up as champions not through the play offs with the best squad in the championship. SP was lucky in the championship. He won't cut it at this level.

What do you say after three matches Light head?

I am sorry this is the positive Blingo who does nothing but be positive? So now your theory is get rid of the coach and the system that won two promotions. This after one match in the Prem against a team who finished well and probably are in the top three in the division.

Remind me not to be as positive as you.

Keep watching and you will see im not wrong

blingo

Still watching Lighthouse?

S.F.Sorrow

I've said for several years now that I've dreaded the day all our pre-TK players are gone and our squad is 100% TK-players. We're not QUITE there yet but I think I've seen enough.

Shahid Khan, PLEASE step in and remove your son before he completely ruins this club.

As for Parker... No I don't think he's experienced enough to get us out of this mess but he hasn't exactly been dealt a very good hand here, has he? A new manager at this point will only last a couple of months before he ends up as yet another scapegoat to cover up TKs failures. No manager worth having would want the job now anyway. Absolute shambles!!! :031:

NJFulham

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on October 01, 2020, 07:44:19 PM
I've said for several years now that I've dreaded the day all our pre-TK players are gone and our squad is 100% TK-players. We're not QUITE there yet but I think I've seen enough.

Shahid Khan, PLEASE step in and remove your son before he completely ruins this club.

As for Parker... No I don't think he's experienced enough to get us out of this mess but he hasn't exactly been dealt a very good hand here, has he? A new manager at this point will only last a couple of months before he ends up as yet another scapegoat to cover up TKs failures. No manager worth having would want the job now anyway. Absolute shambles!!! :031:
He has 2 promotions under his belt and will blame the manager for relegation.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Sherlock

Short rant incoming, sorry. But Fulham are getting me down so best to let it out. This seemed the most suitable place

Lets see what happens next few days, but what I find most frustrating (much more than the individual errors) was all the talk from SP and TK was about how we had learnt lessons from the 18/19 season. If this is the case why have we brought in players with no or limited PL experience? A lot of the CBs we're linked with now also seem to be from Italy and France. Personally I would rather have the likes of Dawson, Bennet, Chambers etc that have been linked than someone who may speak limited English and have no connections to London, no PL experience and would take time to settle before we even found out if they were good enough.

If we had learnt lessons 90% of our singings would be from the Championship and PL.  There are lots of decent players available, but they may not have good stats on paper which is why they are being overlooked. This is why it's clear no lessons have been learnt, the stats model doesn't show attitude and experience which is what we lacked last time and now do again. Last 2 years Sheff Utd's team on paper has been top half championship level at best, but they've done what they have because they play as a team, they all know their roles and they fight and work for each other every game. Much is made of our defence but remove coaching and as individual players O'Connell, Basham and Egan are no better than Ream, Hector, Mawson.

TK's recruitment style is poor, and add in a poor manager and that's why right now we have no hope. I do think there are coaches out there who could get our squad playing more to our strengths and in with a chance of staying up, but they would have to be able to motivate the players, create a team spirit and be tactically astute. Unfortunately our current manager has none of those traits.

I don't mind if we get relegated, but I want to see our team fight and give their all to avoid it and then at least we can feel proud of our team and club. Knockaert, Cav, Kebano, Cairney, Onomah, Kamara, Hector, Seri are all coasting without putting anywhere near enough effort in, or the right attitude in my opinion. A few look a little heavy and unfit also. Most throw a little strop each time they misplace a pass and then don't bother trying to win it back or even getting back in position at all. This is the individual player's fault, but SP should be ripping them apart for doing it too because its unforgivable. In my opinion Seri and Knockaert should not play for the club again, get them sold for a loss or else training with the kids and away from the team. The negative impact of their attitude far outweighs any positive they bring. I can only assume we were contractually obliged to buy Knockaert otherwise TK is worse than even his biggest detractors say.

Mitro, Rodak, Odoi, Ream and Bryan the only ones who look like they really care at the moment and unfortunately for Ream and Odoi they are let down by their own technical shortcomings and being exposed by the style/tactics of the team. I don't blame them though because they are giving their all which is all we can ask.

I think Scott will be gone if we get humiliated by Wolves and I just hope when we're looking at replacements the focus is on how he will improve the attitude of the players. It's more important than whatever style of football he wants to play. If I'm honest I won't miss Scott looking sad in his cardigan, with his hands in his pockets, one bit. If his team talks are like his pre/post match interviews then its no surprise the team plays like they're depressed and miserable. We need passion and aggression if we are to stay up and I am 100% sure that we have the time and will have a good enough squad to turn it around. I don't feel like we can leave it until November when we are 9 points behind 17th though.

blingo

toshes mate

@Sherlock
A wicked post if I may say so.  However, I do so dread the next management appointment that has a Khan anywhere near it.

Lighthouse

Quote from: blingo on October 01, 2020, 07:29:00 PM
Still watching Lighthouse?

Watching for a proper suggestion other then sack everybody, bring in a new team and we were lucky last year. That isn't clever nor inciteful. Nor is it so called optimism. I prefer my fearing the worst and when it happens not deciding to throw everything out. We are terrible at the moment but sacking the coach and then the team is just not going to happen and not very constructive.

Watching a typical Fulham fan, full of optimism about how great things will be then crying when old Lighthouse pessimism proves the right tactic in the end. Expect nothing, so when it happens we don't have all this crying and wailing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

blingo

Where have I said replace the whole team? Management is the problem is it not? My optimism never wnes for my club but it hurts to see the way its going right now. Thats not trying to be neither clever, nor inciteful. 

Do you see me crying? hahhahahaha me thinks one of your bulbs needs changing. Pessimism? you've turned into a glass half full type of guy.

ps. Good to be back to normal Light head. hahahahahahaha.