watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker has to go...........

Started by somersetwhite, November 22, 2020, 12:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Tbh would gladly see Parker go if we could get someone like Benitez in, otherwise would stick with Scott rather than get Howe or someone of that ilk

Craven Mad

Quote from: hopper on November 22, 2020, 05:32:45 PM
Tbh would gladly see Parker go if we could get someone like Benitez in, otherwise would stick with Scott rather than get Howe or someone of that ilk

Agreed. Benitez is really the only manager I'd be interested in right now, mid-season.

If Scott takes us down, I'd quite like to see us go for the bloke from
Brentford next season though.

rebel

Cav always needs more then one touch, he can never pass and move.

WindyCity

Quote from: Radiowhite on November 22, 2020, 01:55:17 PM
I completely disagree

Yeah me too, but it is frustrating.  Maybe his selection could have been better.  But I look at a game like todays', and I still think a point was there to be taken.  Sadly, our improved backline defense flopped.  Had we played D as we did the previous two games, maybe could have nicked a point?

If FFC wants to survive, these are the type of games where you should at least look to get a point.  Even against a superior opponent.  But, at home, with a revived defense, these are points that are essential for survival.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Craven Mad on November 22, 2020, 05:35:59 PM

Agreed. Benitez is really the only manager I'd be interested in right now, mid-season.

Fulham have not got enough chewing gum in stock for the bloke from Brentford who cannot keep his mouth shut.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on November 22, 2020, 04:32:03 PM
A slightly different view but I see Norwich are riding high in the Championship which makes the point that maybe consistency is something to factor in! Should we go down we will have a better squad and SP would get us up imo. I still think we can survive.

Agreed
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jules

Keep Parker but he made some selection mistakes today. Both at the start and who he took off in the 2nd half. We still have a chance though, and I can't see how changing manger helps us going into the next few games. If things are bleak at Christmas then ok. Right now, we are fortunate there are 3 poor teams below is which we need to ensure stay below us

Hatch007

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 02:03:42 PM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on November 22, 2020, 01:59:30 PM
Hes got us playing decent stuff. Defensively still way to open. Would like to see him make a tactical change at half time sometimes though he seems really reluctant to change things unless its 70+ minutes.

He will continue to improve as a manager
he hasn't got us playing decent stuff at all. Once again we only started playing once the game was beyond us. And we aren't improving, we are still losing

Erm ... Ben, we scored arguably the best goal of the match to level at 1-1.

That is THE complete opposite of only playing once the game is beyond us.

I get that you don't rate Parker since you harp on about it all the bleedin' time but at least be accurate in your appraisals

Hatch007

Quote from: FFC In Oz on November 22, 2020, 02:05:46 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 02:03:42 PM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on November 22, 2020, 01:59:30 PM
Hes got us playing decent stuff. Defensively still way to open. Would like to see him make a tactical change at half time sometimes though he seems really reluctant to change things unless its 70+ minutes.

He will continue to improve as a manager
he hasn't got us playing decent stuff at all. Once again we only started playing once the game was beyond us. And we aren't improving, we are still losing

We used no width and didn't get anyone in behind.  Not even once.

Guess you missed our second goal then when Lookman passed their left back on the outside and cut the ball back from the byline for RLC to score

Lighthouse

Despite the game becoming more and more like a computer game. I wish some of our fans would stop blaming the coach for missed penalties and resting  players who had only come back from International duty. Does anybody really believe that a coach would change the team that much? Everybody mentions some names and frankly I wouldn't trust any of them with this team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pieter A’dam

No, Parker needs to stay. TK gave him this team only 3-4 games ago ... I think overall we are improving, we need a back up striker and capitalize our chances. With players like Mitro, RLC, Lookman, Zambo, TC, Robinson and Tete we have quality and we'll get more points on the board. If we are more aggressive from the start, I even believe we may have a chance to get a point against Leicester. Since Parker in charge we often bounce back after a bad result. Fingers crossed.

RaySmith

I was really impressed by the way  we came back into this game, when it looked like they  would run riot and demolish us.
Well done  the players - they really gave  their all and dint drop their heads, and nearly managed a  draw, and to Scott for changing things  in the second half.

After the first half , i was thinking  we're down, but at the end, i was thinking this team had a chance of staying up.

I Ronic

Quote from: RaySmith on November 22, 2020, 06:37:23 PM
I was really impressed by the way  we came back into this game, when it looked like they  would run riot and demolish us.
Well done  the players - they really gave  their all and dint drop their heads, and nearly managed a  draw, and to Scott for changing things  in the second half.

After the first half , i was thinking  we're down, but at the end, i was thinking this team had a chance of staying up.

+1

AJW48361

I think offensively at times  we can be quick and fluid.Defensively we look a mess and a goal waiting to happen we can't handle pace or quality movement or pressure.

RaySmith

Quote from: AJW48361 on November 22, 2020, 07:29:17 PM
I think offensively at times  we can be quick and fluid.Defensively we look a mess and a goal waiting to happen we can't handle pace or quality movement or pressure.

In the first half that was definitely the case, but  how many chances did they create in the second? We looked  the  far more likely to score.

Parker changed it round.
Ok, so maybe the starting formation was wrong, but at least he recognised the problem, and the players implemented a far more sound defence.

davew

He has got the starting 11 wrong a few times this season (as many on here have posted when the team in topic has been started) and each time we have lost. It is no consolation that we play better in the 2nd half and still end up losing and then the following week he starts with a different 11 to the team we ended up with in the previous match. This musical chairs approach doesn't work and isn't working! The only positive thing is we are not being hammered in every game, the next 3 games should be interesting, probably no points for us but that we put in good performances.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 22, 2020, 05:58:16 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on November 22, 2020, 05:35:59 PM

Fulham have not got enough chewing gum in stock for the bloke from Brentford who cannot keep his mouth shut.

Apparently Tony Khan is flying in an aeroplane full of Beech Nut.....Can you still get them from a machine on the wall.🤔

FFC In Oz

Quote from: RaySmith on November 23, 2020, 06:04:16 AM
Quote from: AJW48361 on November 22, 2020, 07:29:17 PM

In the first half that was definitely the case, but  how many chances did they create in the second? We looked  the  far more likely to score.

Parker changed it round.
Ok, so maybe the starting formation was wrong, but at least he recognised the problem, and the players implemented a far more sound defence.

I disagree.

I can't recall Pickford being tested.

We had a deflected goal and Cavaleiro's joke of a pen.

We didn't threaten at any other stage, particularly after it was 3-2. 

Everton sat on their lead comfortably and actually created more opportunities on the counter

toshes mate

Parker has to go ... where?

I am glad I didn't come on here yesterday afternoon and have to read the same repetitive and pessimistic November garbage we have had to endure so much of since the Khans' arrived.   I am so pleased for the simpletons who believe that changing a manager/coach repairs all ills and look forward to their peer reviewed evidence of same in the Khan era.  At least that will make me laugh. 

We conceded a goal in forty odd seconds and three goals by half time yesterday and yet, with a little more confidence at the moments the game did turn, we could have got one or even three points on another day.  I can fault a few things with FFC yesterday but the Khans are incapable of engaging their brains when it comes to 'what is really wrong at FFC' and changing Parker without changing other even bigger problems isn't going to work.   IMO.

Luka

SP has said he dropped Mitro and Zambo for tactical reasons !!
Drop Mitro maybe but Zambo, who is currently (IMO) our best outfield player....no way. And then to compound his mistake he started Cav !!
When he made the subs, and got them both on we were much more threatening. Lewin even said after that second half he felt they were lucky to get the win.
We definitely dropped one and maybe even two points yesterday, tactically our manager got it very wrong.