https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Quote from: Statto on January 18, 2021, 04:53:19 PM
Quote from: jayffc on January 18, 2021, 04:48:54 PM
https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-fulham-have-failed-in-bid-to-re-sign-34-5m-star/

so if true, would suggest, as we'd hope, we have been trying since early to get a deal done for a new striker.

I don't think anyone doubts that we've been "trying"
When Derby went down with 11pts I'm sure they "tried" to stay up

Saw this was a direct reply so checked it out, unfortunately, there are a few on here that have actually been suggesting that TK perhaps isn't aware, doesnt understand, or simply "doesn't want" to bring in players.

Point is we're clearly pursuing top level targets first, as I would like us to personally,  sure we could have made a bid for Charlie Austin or the likes who less people are interested in and tied it up quicker, but as a general rule, the higher the quality of player we are looking for, the more likely it is for a club our size and current position, that there will be more obstacles in the way to signing them, in this case, its Athletico Madrid,  who were able to offer higher wages.

No need to go back and forth again on this though. I appreciate you've no intention of seeing things differently.

@jolslover

Ahhh I would have loved Dembele, would have been perfect for our team

Hopefully whoever we bring in is as good as him and I will be impressed

Would like Morelos - would be happy with King as well - in Kings premier league seasons he has scored 6,6,8,16 and 12 goals. Good return however with rumoured wages of 120k per week perhaps we could get better ...

STH H3

jayffc

Quote from: @jolslover on January 18, 2021, 05:55:58 PM
Ahhh I would have loved Dembele, would have been perfect for our team

Hopefully whoever we bring in is as good as him and I will be impressed

Would like Morelos - would be happy with King as well - in Kings premier league seasons he has scored 6,6,8,16 and 12 goals. Good return however with rumoured wages of 120k per week perhaps we could get better ...

Just a hunch but I suspect Scott would rather avoid a character like Morelos who has alot of smoke about him regarding ill-discipline and locker room issues. Not sure his attitude fits in with what Scott talks about building. Talented for sure, but we're in a moment where anyone brought in needs to click pretty quickly. Adding a potentially destablising force is a risk. Could work out either way, but wether it's a good idea to pursue that type of signing right now is debatable.

Slaphead in Qatar

We Are Premier League

Without spending big money, someone like Alexis Claude-Maurice (Nice) is probably what we can hope for. Mainly play on the left but I'm sure he can mix it up with Lookman.

BestOfBrede

Surely Toney from Brentford would be ideal
Quick, young, knows where the goal is and possibly only 15m tops?
I thought I heard/read that they wanted one of our defenders on loan? If so do a deal?

Arthur

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 18, 2021, 07:01:11 PM

Not a hope at £15M.

Brentford aren't going to toss away their promotion chance for a quick £8M profit.

Cookie6262

I wouldn't touch Morelos who ever since pretty much going on strike at Rangers has looked unfit and uninterested, I know we are desperate for a striker but I want us first and foremost to give Leipzig £15 million and make Lookman permanent, even if that leaves no money it frees up a loan spot for a striker.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Arthur on January 18, 2021, 07:04:00 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 18, 2021, 07:01:11 PM

Not a hope at £15M.

Brentford aren't going to toss away their promotion chance for a quick £8M profit.
What even with a defender chucked in?
I'm sure I read that somewhere, that they are in need of a Defender?
If they are not then offer 20

We Are Premier League

Gayle not even in the Newcastle squad for tonight's game, but I doubt they will sell to anyone chasing them in the table

Tabby

Remember arguing for Toney in the summer, but I don't think there is any way that Brentford will be selling their standout attacking player who has scored almost half of their goals halfway through a season where they're aiming for promotion.

Deeping_white

?s=21

Maidstone Lee

Boulaye Dia Is the latest name we're linked with. Anyone speak French to translate?  :005:

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Maidstone Lee

Quick look online he has 12 goals in 18 this season, 24 year old centre forward.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Twig

Well at least it's a proper rumour, they've been thin on the ground.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on January 18, 2021, 08:40:47 PM
Quick look online he has 12 goals in 18 this season, 24 year old centre forward.

Few of us been banging on about him for a couple of weeks on here & Twitter

Twig

Auto translate is as follows;
Boulaye Dia, the goalscorer for Reims, is arousing interest in the Premier League. Crystal Palace and Fulham have just entered the race.

Boulaye Dia, the center-forward of Stade de Reims , current top scorer in Ligue 1 with 12 goals, logically arouses many interests. In France, OM kept an eye on him, but did not advance his pawns in the end. In England, besides West Ham , several other Premier League clubs have come to the news in recent times.

Information gathering
According to our information, Crystal Palace and Fulham have recently made contact for Boulaye Dia , expressing their interest and obtaining information on the terms of the deal. As it stands, no official proposal has been sent but the two clubs are positioned. They are likely to make concrete progress by the end of the winter transfer window. In Russia, Krasnodar has also declared itself.

fulhamben

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on January 18, 2021, 08:40:47 PM
sounds perfect to replace Robinson at left back.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Twig on January 18, 2021, 08:45:09 PM
Auto translate is as follows;
Boulaye Dia, the goalscorer for Reims, is arousing interest in the Premier League. Crystal Palace and Fulham have just entered the race.

Boulaye Dia, the center-forward of Stade de Reims , current top scorer in Ligue 1 with 12 goals, logically arouses many interests. In France, OM kept an eye on him, but did not advance his pawns in the end. In England, besides West Ham , several other Premier League clubs have come to the news in recent times.

Information gathering
According to our information, Crystal Palace and Fulham have recently made contact for Boulaye Dia , expressing their interest and obtaining information on the terms of the deal. As it stands, no official proposal has been sent but the two clubs are positioned. They are likely to make concrete progress by the end of the winter transfer window. In Russia, Krasnodar has also declared itself.
Palace already have loads of forwards.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk