more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Riversider on January 27, 2021, 02:02:30 PM
It's just my own personal view but I think tonight is pivotal for transfer business,
Lose,and there's no point in throwing good money after bad, win or draw and I think they will roll the dice,
For me this is the biggest game of the season by some distance,  with that in mind, why Anguissa was playing against Burnley at the weekend,  I have absolutely no idea, made no sense whatsoever.

Agree with this.

jayffc

Beat WBA and you'd imagine we'll be 2 points behind Brighton with a game in hand...it aint over but tonight was a return to very poor form.

mancwhite

Absolutely no control in midfield - need more than just a striker need someone to pass the ball to them. I'm not sure what the timescale is with Cairney but we desperately miss someone of his ilk. Struggling to see us beating West Brom based on that tonight
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Barrett487

REPORT: LIVERPOOL-LINKED 'EXCELLENT DEFENDER' AVAILABLE FOR £9M; FULHAM JOIN THE RACE

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/01/27/report-liverpool-linked-excellent-defender-available-for-9m-fulham-join-the-race/

Fulham are interested in signing Napoli defender Nikola Maksimovic, with Il Mattino reporting that the Serbia international is free to leave for £9 million.

Of course, with Gennaro Gattuso's side fighting to secure a return to the Champions League this season, the Partenopei would prefer to keep hold of their commanding 29-year-old centre-back.

Especially when you consider that Maksimovic has started six of the last seven Serie A games.

But, with his contract expiring in July, Napoli's hands are tied.

The 2020 Coppa Italia champions have refused to meet Maksimovic's demands of a new £35,000-a-week deal and this has opened the door for a number of Premier League clubs

Twig

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 27, 2021, 10:03:48 PM
REPORT: LIVERPOOL-LINKED 'EXCELLENT DEFENDER' AVAILABLE FOR £9M; FULHAM JOIN THE RACE

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/01/27/report-liverpool-linked-excellent-defender-available-for-9m-fulham-join-the-race/

Fulham are interested in signing Napoli defender Nikola Maksimovic, with Il Mattino reporting that the Serbia international is free to leave for £9 million.

Of course, with Gennaro Gattuso's side fighting to secure a return to the Champions League this season, the Partenopei would prefer to keep hold of their commanding 29-year-old centre-back.

Especially when you consider that Maksimovic has started six of the last seven Serie A games.

The 2020 Coppa Italia champions have refused to meet Maksimovic's demands of a new £35,000-a-week deal and this has opened the door for a number of Premier League clubs

Just what we need right now, a defender.

jayffc

hitc are much more miss than hit right?

Would be a weird one at this point, can only assume if we brought him in he wouldnt be the only signing. although they may be thinking ahead to losing Joachim next year, that is if it's not just complete fabrication

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Twig on January 27, 2021, 10:22:37 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on January 27, 2021, 10:03:48 PM

Just what we need right now, a defender.

What we need is a keeper.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: mancwhite on January 27, 2021, 09:31:15 PM
Absolutely no control in midfield - need more than just a striker need someone to pass the ball to them. I'm not sure what the timescale is with Cairney but we desperately miss someone of his ilk. Struggling to see us beating West Brom based on that tonight

We can't control midfield if we play 2 against 4. Needed Lemina in there is a 433.

Bracken White

We need a fast tricky forward to play alongside Mitrovic. That, of course, means that we play Mitrovic .... a no brainer for me.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Brawn

Quote from: Plodder on January 27, 2021, 01:51:55 PM
Konstantinos Mitroglou has signed for Greek club Aris, so that's another top striker who has escaped us. Somewhat tongue in cheek on my part, but I do genuinely find it hard to understand how it was that he played only three games for us and achieved nothing, whereas at other clubs (whether on loan from us, from another club or permanent) his goal scoring rate is top notch (181 goals in 400 appearances).  I have a feeling Seri is a similar case - hasn't done much for us, but will flourish elsewhere, for no apparent reason.

A lot of players flop here but have big successes before and after their time here, in recent years, which leads me to think there is something fundamentally wrong with the club off the field. Even Mawson is currently playing brilliantly for Bristol, but I'd also throw open the fact that Fulham "rejects" Richard Stearman, Dan Burn, and Ollie Norwood were all in the PL last season and we weren't.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Brawn on January 28, 2021, 02:20:10 AM
Quote from: Plodder on January 27, 2021, 01:51:55 PM
Konstantinos Mitroglou has signed for Greek club Aris, so that's another top striker who has escaped us. Somewhat tongue in cheek on my part, but I do genuinely find it hard to understand how it was that he played only three games for us and achieved nothing, whereas at other clubs (whether on loan from us, from another club or permanent) his goal scoring rate is top notch (181 goals in 400 appearances).  I have a feeling Seri is a similar case - hasn't done much for us, but will flourish elsewhere, for no apparent reason.

A lot of players flop here but have big successes before and after their time here, in recent years, which leads me to think there is something fundamentally wrong with the club off the field. Even Mawson is currently playing brilliantly for Bristol, but I'd also throw open the fact that Fulham "rejects" Richard Stearman, Dan Burn, and Ollie Norwood were all in the PL last season and we weren't.

If we sell Alexander Mitrovic to another premier league club, then it won't be long before Mitrovic is banging goals for fun and Parker is begging for another striker that cannot score to replace the one that replaced Mitrovic.

Our Clubs problem is we have become a buying club, and everytime we have player that doesn't integrate we get the DOF to get another one, rather than working with what we have got. Every half season, we come up with a new scapegoat and think if we replace him everything will be better (it was Schurrle, then MLM, then Mawson, then Knockaert, and now it's Mitro). Somewhere we just go round in recruitment circles rather than building a cohesive squad of average players like Burnley or Sheffield United do.

For example, MLM has won three of his last six premier league starts, yet he was replaced several times (with at least 5-6 players ahead of him now) and now those replacements haven't won any of their last six premier league games.

Arthur

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 28, 2021, 02:54:59 AM
For example, MLM has won three of his last six premier league starts, yet he was replaced several times (with at least 5-6 players ahead of him now) and now those replacements haven't won any of their last six premier league games.

This statistic might have some validity if the MLM's six games had immediately preceded our last six. But they don't. Moreover, in five of MLM's last six P.L. games, his centre-back partner has been Ream. (In the other, it was Mawson and we conceded 4.) In which case, if you're arguing in favour of MLM, surely you're arguing for Ream to partner him.

Are you claiming, therefore, that had we played all season with MLM and Ream as our centre-backs, we'd be doing better than we have done with Andersen and Tosin? What, then, about our goalkeeper? Areola hasn't won any of his last six either. Should we be trying to bring back Rico before the transfer deadline?

What if I remind you that Mitrovic has failed to score in his last six starts, but that Joe Bryan has two goals in his last six. Does this statistic tell Parker he would do better to put Bryan up front and leave Mitrovic on the bench this Saturday?

I think your sample of games is too small. Also, the ten different players in our starting line-up back then to our starting XI tonight is too great. I don't think the data suggests the conclusion you are implying.

hovewhite

Quote from: Arthur on January 28, 2021, 05:24:45 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 28, 2021, 02:54:59 AM

This statistic might have some validity if the MLM's six games had immediately preceded our last six. But they don't. Moreover, in five of MLM's last six P.L. games, his centre-back partner has been Ream. (In the other, it was Mawson and we conceded 4.) In which case, if you're arguing in favour of MLM, surely you're arguing for Ream to partner him.

Are you claiming, therefore, that had we played all season with MLM and Ream as our centre-backs, we'd be doing better than we have done with Andersen and Tosin? What, then, about our goalkeeper? Areola hasn't won any of his last six either. Should we be trying to bring back Rico before the transfer deadline?

What if I remind you that Mitrovic has failed to score in his last six starts, but that Joe Bryan has two goals in his last six. Does this statistic tell Parker he would do better to put Bryan up front and leave Mitrovic on the bench this Saturday?

I think your sample of games is too small. Also, the ten different players in our starting line-up back then to our starting XI tonight is too great. I don't think the data suggests the conclusion you are implying.
MLM is past his sell by date, and hate to say this so is reammmm cause I've backed Tim  on boards like this, but there time is up. The future is tosun and Anderson.

fulhamfan

JimOG

Quote from: AJW48361 on January 28, 2021, 12:16:58 AM
What about Lookman.

Why not...I was surprised just how easily Bobby Reid beat the Burnley cover defence so with Robinson back we could drop Cav, bring in Mitro who just looked a bit like the old Mitro last night and have someone to pounce on knock down balls

Hoppus

Slaphead in Qatar

DevonFFC

West Brom have agreed a loan-to-buy deal for Celta Vigo midfielder Okay Yokuslu.

bencher

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 28, 2021, 12:54:14 PM
West Brom have agreed a loan-to-buy deal for Celta Vigo midfielder Okay Yokuslu.

Is he any good?...