more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So I guess this means the Burnley games off as well then

Started by perry geyton, December 30, 2020, 03:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: bobby01 on December 31, 2020, 02:38:32 PM
Having read through these I am not saying what is right or wrong here. All I will say is my 91 year old mother had a fall at home and was temporarily unable to look after herself. She took a COVID test, negative , and was admitted to a respite hospital , she caught a chest infection and was tested again, negative, and was sent to a geriatric ward on the 20th and was being treated with antibiotics and some oxygen, on the 23rd she had improved so they were going to return her to the respite hospital. COVID test before she was due to go came up as positive. She then deteriorated and very sadly passed yesterday at 0300. We kept her safe for 9 months only for her to catch it in hospital.

All I ask is when you quote your facts and figures bear in mind COVID kills, she lived on her own was active and well for her age. It is heartbreaking to lose someone, even more so when you are not allowed to even see and support them.

COVID is not our usual disagreement over Cairney etc but is real and yes the government have probably made mistakes but if we all do our bit and follow the rules we may save some lives, I do not want anyone else to be crying like a baby when they write something like this..

Be safe, take care.

Sorry to hear this :( Hope you and the family are all ok.

andyk

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 31, 2020, 04:13:07 PM
Quote from: Baszab on December 31, 2020, 03:22:10 PM
I guess we haven't all read about the "Kyle Walker party" rumours involving FFC players
If true, which  I really hope not, it's bad news

If anyone attended...10 days self isolation...two consecutive negative test (like Scott just did) then we're back to games.   I'm expecting Kongolo and Tete to be available by then.

You think that's ok?  If, it is true, and I hope it isn't, then all the players who went should be severely punished.  If theyare  loanees, straight back to their clubs. If they are on contract, the maximum fine.  That's the very least that should happen. 

Plodder

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 31, 2020, 12:58:41 PM

My condolences. Okay I will rephrase "punching lights out" to vigorously debating the pro and cons of opting to not wear a mask or observe physical distancing in the immediate vicinity of my immediate family at this current time. That will include the same people who walk in the middle of the path and absolutely refuse to give a bit or wait a moment for me to pass with the new grandchild. Of course it's only right that I take steps to walk in the middle of the road so that they can retain their smug stance of being untouchable and invincible. Of course I'm angry!
I think the 'extremists' may yet be persuaded if they catch up with the 5 live interview from this mornings news programme.

I think we are on common ground in expecting consideration and decent behaviour from everyone. There are some pig-headed people who make no effort to make space for others, which they should do, irrespective of their own views about the measure. They should also wear a mask on public transport, in shops etc. whatever their personal views.  There is no excuse for not doing so. That being said, there are some self-righteous people from the other end of the spectrum. In the first lockdown, taking my allotted one hour exercise with my sons in an otherwise deserted park, a man walking his dog over 100 yards away made a detour to come to us just to tell us that we were "spreading the disease" by being out at all, and our exercise "was not essential".  I had a similar experience when walking in London to get to another building (I work in central London) without a mask on in a quiet street a few weeks ago, always at a distance from others - a woman made it her business to cross the road come up close and tell me from a distance of about a metre that I should not be outside anywhere under any circumstances without a mask on (I hope it was to do with Covid-19, not to do with the aesthetic quality or otherwise of my face).

Everyone should follow the rules, and whatever their opinions, have consideration and respect for others, and not seek to provoke discord.

Oakeshott

"Professor Hugh Montgomery told BBC Radio 5 Live hospitals were facing a "tsunami" of Covid cases and he feared it would get worse after New Year's Eve.
The intensive care doctor said that it was wrong to blame the surge in cases and deaths on the new variant of coronavirus rather than people not following mask rules or social distancing." (Interview currently on the BBC's website.)

I think that is what Hancock and the Prime Minister are afraid to say. They keep on about how nearly everyone is doing their bit to help, but judging by the surge in numbers since September, it seems as though plenty aren't.

bobby01

Thank you to my Fulham family for your kind words. I did not mean to come across as preaching to anyone, just to highlight the fact that this bug can get you for the slightest mistake.. I wish you all a happy new year and hope you all stay safe.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

john dempsey

Statto

Quote from: andyk on December 31, 2020, 06:00:20 PM
You think that's ok?  If, it is true, and I hope it isn't, then all the players who went should be severely punished.  If theyare  loanees, straight back to their clubs.

...unless it was Lookman, Anderson or Areola. We need them badly. So a £30 fine will do.

andyk

Quote from: Statto on December 31, 2020, 07:56:59 PM
You think that's ok?  If, it is true, and I hope it isn't, then all the players who went should be severely punished.  If theyare  loanees, straight back to their clubs.

...unless it was Lookman, Anderson or Areola. We need them badly. So just a slap on the wrist please.

Sorry, but there are more important things than winning football matches.

AnOldBrownie

I guess we haven't all read about the "Kyle Walker party" rumours involving FFC players

If anyone attended...10 days self isolation...two consecutive negative test (like Scott just did) then we're back to games.   I'm expecting Kongolo and Tete to be available by then.

You think that's ok?  If, it is true, and I hope it isn't, then all the players who went should be severely punished.  If theyare  loanees, straight back to their clubs. If they are on contract, the maximum fine.  That's the very least that should happen.

They shouldn't have gone.  We agree.

I don't feel your suggestion of sending the loan players back to their owning clubs fits the crime.   I mean, it's not even a crime really.   Just poor decision making.

IMO a HEAVY fine would be appropriate for their poor decision making.

Twig

Quote from: bobby01 on December 31, 2020, 07:53:43 PM
Thank you to my Fulham family for your kind words. I did not mean to come across as preaching to anyone, just to highlight the fact that this bug can get you for the slightest mistake.. I wish you all a happy new year and hope you all stay safe.

Bobby can I add my condolences too.

andyk

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 31, 2020, 08:21:52 PM

I don't feel your suggestion of sending the loan players back to their owning clubs fits the crime.   I mean, it's not even a crime really.   Just poor decision making.

We still don't know the facts, but if a player did break the rules, the consequences could be disastrous.  Not just the health aspects, with the entire squad, coaching staff, physios, etc put at risk of infection. Two of Newcastle's players are still not fully recovered from their problems, over a month ago.
The Prem League will not be sympathetic to us, if this is proven to be true.  They would be within their rights to tell us to isolate all infected players for 14 days and play the games with whatever fit players we can muster.  Crucial games with a seriously depleted squad.

Slaphead in Qatar

Andyk - regarding your post

'They would be within their rights to tell us to isolate all infected players for 14 days and play the games with whatever fit players we can muster.  Crucial games with a seriously depleted squad.'

Isn't that what the Premier League will decide anyway. I am not expecting the Burnley game to be cancelled if we can field 11 starters and a few subs. The only way Burnley is cancelled is if we had more positive tests after cancelled Spurs game.

Statto

Quote from: andyk on January 01, 2021, 01:33:01 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 31, 2020, 08:21:52 PM

We still don't know the facts, but if a player did break the rules, the consequences could be disastrous.  Not just the health aspects, with the entire squad, coaching staff, physios, etc put at risk of infection. Two of Newcastle's players are still not fully recovered from their problems, over a month ago.
The Prem League will not be sympathetic to us, if this is proven to be true.  They would be within their rights to tell us to isolate all infected players for 14 days and play the games with whatever fit players we can muster.  Crucial games with a seriously depleted squad.

A load of footballers mixing closely with each other. Doesn't sound that shocking to me. Ain't that what they do on the pitch each week anyway?

As for the Newcastle players, if you believe Steve Bruce you'll believe anything. He'll make any excuse to hide him being a crap manager. Even if (big if) some players are still ill it's hardly disastrous. Flu symptoms often knock around for a few weeks.

andyk

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 01, 2021, 01:42:03 PM
Andyk - regarding your post

'They would be within their rights to tell us to isolate all infected players for 14 days and play the games with whatever fit players we can muster.  Crucial games with a seriously depleted squad.'

Isn't that what the Premier League will decide anyway. I am not expecting the Burnley game to be cancelled if we can field 11 starters and a few subs. The only way Burnley is cancelled is if we had more positive tests after cancelled Spurs game.

That seems to be the case. But it could be worse.  What if Anguissa, Lookman, Anderson and Arieola all get sick. What if they get the nasty lung disease associated with this virus.
I work in acute healthcare.  I've seen dozens of young people, under 40, struck down with widespread bilateral lung infiltrates. They have chest xrays which resemble advanced  pneumonia They require hospital admission, supplemental oxygen and weeks of rehabilitation.  This virus is normally a week or two of fatigue, high temp or even less for fit people, but for some it is really serious.  The problem is , at the moment , there is no way of knowing why certain individuals are impacted so seriously by Covid.

So, if one pampered, highly paid individual couldn't sit in his luxury apartment for a few months and protect his team mates, then he can clear off.