https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So I guess this means the Burnley games off as well then

Started by perry geyton, December 30, 2020, 03:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

I presume

filham

Yes, Spurs now listed by BBC as off, hard to see how Fulham can now be cleared to travel to Burnley in a couple of days time.

Wingnut

If they players are re-tested and they are negative again, and the staff who have tested positive are in quarantine, can the game go ahead?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

perry geyton

Quote from: Wingnut on December 30, 2020, 04:06:34 PM
If they players are re-tested and they are negative again, and the staff who have tested positive are in quarantine, can the game go ahead?
No chance
I've got a feeling all football will be cancelled soon

The fun n games just never end !
Bleak....

Wingnut

Quote from: perry geyton on December 30, 2020, 04:16:19 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on December 30, 2020, 04:06:34 PM
No chance
I've got a feeling all football will be cancelled soon

The fun n games just never end !
Bleak....

I can't see that happening. Far too much money at stake. Some people are calling for a break in the season but I can see how that will work with the Euros due to take place this summer.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Sgt Fulham

Hope none of our players or the players of any other team get any long lasting effects or long covid. It could really destroy an amazing career. Health before entertainment, well done to those who made the call.

Denver Fulham

Unless we can't get the spread contained, I assume we will be playing shorthanded at Burnley.

Somerset Fulham

981 people died from it today, and that is before any Christmas mixing is taken into account.

It's going to get messy. Very, very messy.

SouthIslandWhite

No way the club will be permitted to travel on the weekend, no chance.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Jim©

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 30, 2020, 04:46:22 PM
981 people died from it today, and that is before any Christmas mixing is taken into account.

Whilst that's a shocking number, I think it's adding on Scotland, N Ireland, Wales deaths over xmas too.
It's sadly the norm for the government when making changes to restrictions that they do it hand in hand with high counts.

FulhamStu

I am not making light of covid in any way and it's clearly a killer however people who would have died anyway but have covid are in the numbers.  Likely covid bought forward deaths but not necessarily the main reason.   It sounds crude but covid is not the only illness causing these deaths.  Complicated.  Roll on the vaccine and RIP those who we have lost.

The Rock

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 30, 2020, 05:17:00 PM
I am not making light of covid in any way and it's clearly a killer however people who would have died anyway but have covid are in the numbers.  Likely covid bought forward deaths but not necessarily the main reason.   It sounds crude but covid is not the only illness causing these deaths.  Complicated.  Roll on the vaccine and RIP those who we have lost.

Fair. When can I get my shot? 2022? That's for another thread.

Beamer

If footballers were in bubbles like touring cricketers are I could understand how things could be managed but when they go home every day and mix with their families I just don't get why football has carried on at all. Testing is great but only tells you that you have or don't have it. The Premier League say they are still confident that their protocols are robust, all I can say is thank heavens you don't run the NHS. It's hard to see how it can carry on in the new circumstances.

Pieter A’dam

best to postpone the league for 5-6 weeks, start playing again in Mid Feb and delay the Euro's. 

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Pieter A'dam on December 30, 2020, 05:34:43 PM
best to postpone the league for 5-6 weeks, start playing again in Mid Feb and delay the Euro's. 

I agree. Season will not be cancelled but I am sure there will be a break.

3 Cherries

Quote from: Jim© on December 30, 2020, 05:02:24 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 30, 2020, 04:46:22 PM

Whilst that's a shocking number, I think it's adding on Scotland, N Ireland, Wales deaths over xmas too.
It's sadly the norm for the government when making changes to restrictions that they do it hand in hand with high counts.

Jim just said that the Christmas mixing numbers haven't come through yet - there's a always a lag of around 2 weeks - I feel for the NHS workers - heard a junior doctor on the radio yesterday she was nearly in tears - most of us haven't a clue what they are going through -  :Happy New Year: 

BestOfBrede

Not just waiting on Xmas count either...
Wait for the count following NYE celebrations by those that don't give a damn

JoelH5

Burnley on a bit of a run atm. If we play them once we have a new striker in, it could be a blessing
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Arthur

Quote from: Beamer on December 30, 2020, 05:31:35 PM
If footballers were in bubbles like touring cricketers are I could understand how things could be managed but when they go home every day and mix with their families I just don't get why football has carried on at all.

I think the evidence of the past six months tells us why football has carried on. Whether it will continue to do so remains to be seen. But if footballers, themselves, feel their environment is safe enough, few of us are in a position of knowledge to tell them otherwise. Like millions of others, I go out to work and then come home and mix with my family. If the Government tells me I must stay at home, I shall. But if a layperson were to tell me, I would trust my own judgement.

Testing is great but only tells you that you have or don't have it.

Perhaps I'm missing an obvious connection, but I don't see the problem inherent in this.

The Premier League say they are still confident that their protocols are robust, all I can say is thank heavens you don't run the NHS.

From what I know, P.L. protocols are certainly as robust as where I work, and the Government isn't telling me to stay at home yet. In my opinion, your scorn may be unwarranted.

It's hard to see how it can carry on in the new circumstances.

I hope it can, but you may be right.

filham

This virus is running wild, every thing possible now needs to be done to curtail the continual rise in daily new cases,
Afraid football has to stop until we see a clear fall in the numbers being infected.
Health has to be the priority above money and entertainment.