News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has to be Parker final game if we fail to win this ...

Started by howitis, January 30, 2021, 04:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worcesterwhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2021, 05:03:08 PM
Quote from: howitis on January 30, 2021, 04:31:39 PM
Forget what Alladyce said at half time. What is it that Parker didn't say. So bloody sloppy, we just thought we had the game won and that is down to the manager.

Sorry Scott, minor progress but just not good enough .

Might possibly been down to the players thinking they'd already won game,and we're dreaming at start of second half.
It's up to Parker to make sure they know what's coming, they were not going to be as bad in the second half that was obvious

FFC1987

I don't really understand the continuation theory. I've not seen enough to say he's pushing this team forwards. Yes, we're harder to beat, but that's also down to how negative we play sometimes and the quality we brought in. Parker clearly has some praise for this too, but not enough praise. I've seen enough, if better is available (and it is) I'd look elsewhere.

It just feels like a continuation of mediocrity.

Rambler

2 wins in 20 games. The team doesn't even have the cohesion it used to. The professionalism has gone too. We should have had the game dead and buried by half time. The fact that we didn't the number 1 thing we needed to do was come out in the 2nd half with intensity and drive knowing WBA couldn't possibly be as bad as they were 1st half.
That's literally Parker's job in the dressing room. Make the team understand that if he didn't himself. And we come out in the 2nd half and play arrogant low tempo football and get punished for it.

Times up. There's no progression. We need a change

ffccornwall

Quote from: Rambler on January 30, 2021, 05:10:31 PM
2 wins in 20 games. The team doesn't even have the cohesion it used to. The professionalism has gone too. We should have had the game dead and buried by half time. The fact that we didn't the number 1 thing we needed to do was come out in the 2nd half with intensity and drive knowing WBA couldn't possibly be as bad as they were 1st half.
That's literally Parker's job in the dressing room. Make the team understand that if he didn't himself. And we come out in the 2nd half and play arrogant low tempo football and get punished for it.

Agree with this.

clarkey

I love the "I want  stability" argument. It just makes no sense. What is the point of being consistently poor ? We are stable and bad !

Do you want the status quo or improvement, if we had a bad centre forward you'd get one who could shoot. We have a bad manager who can't motivate and STILL has not worked out any decent dead ball routines, our best team, and that Mitro is a class player.

One thing that was obvious today was that Mitro holds the ball up well, can pass it and makes defenders nervous. But we also learned Scott's team talks are bad, (see my post last week, we always give ground after half time, )and his team selection is flawed and two points from playing Brighton and WBA is not good enough.

We actually looked worse today than in any of our recent games...except up front where Mitro and Lookman looked OK.If only Bobby had taken that second chance.

First State

I like SP, but he just doesn't have the tools to compete in the PL. While we fortified our defense, we neglected our offense. Without a bonafide striker, what do you want from the guy (?). And please, don't tell me Mitro is that man. He's a sub, at best, in this league.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on January 30, 2021, 05:04:34 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2021, 05:03:08 PM
Quote from: howitis on January 30, 2021, 04:31:39 PM
Forget what Alladyce said at half time. What is it that Parker didn't say. So bloody sloppy, we just thought we had the game won and that is down to the manager.

Sorry Scott, minor progress but just not good enough .

Might possibly been down to the players thinking they'd already won game,and we're dreaming at start of second half.
It's up to Parker to make sure they know what's coming, they were not going to be as bad in the second half that was obvious

Exactly, it's the manager who has to ensure that complacency doesn't creep in to players' minds.

He has to keep them grounded.

itombomb

Quote from: Rambler on January 30, 2021, 05:10:31 PM

I agree with a lot of that, but the problem in the first 15-20 of the second half wasn't that we played "arrogant low tempo football", it was actually a bit of the opposite. The players panicked and instead of trying to slow the game down and play patiently, under more pressure we kept on making stupid decisions and playing blind passes, giving away possession and allowing pressure on us to increase. No one took control - and that is another feature of this Parker team.

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 30, 2021, 05:07:56 PM
I don't really understand the continuation theory. I've not seen enough to say he's pushing this team forwards. Yes, we're harder to beat, but that's also down to how negative we play sometimes and the quality we brought in. Parker clearly has some praise for this too, but not enough praise. I've seen enough, if better is available (and it is) I'd look elsewhere.

It just feels like a continuation of mediocrity.
This. I don't think Parker is a particularly bad manager, but he's also not a particularly good one.

Plodder

It is as much up to the players as it is to the manager to guard against complacency.  It is amazing how so many people seem to know what was said in the dressing room at half time. I don't know either, but I am prepared to bet my life savings that Parker did not say anything like "Don't worry, lads, you can relax - the game's won" or "Don't bother marking Perreira" or "You can just coast to the end".  I suspect the message was the opposite i.e. to guard against complacency.

milis

We are going down and Parker will be sacked only if we get in trouble next season in Championship.

Matt10

Quote from: Plodder on January 30, 2021, 05:35:48 PM
It is as much up to the players as it is to the manager to guard against complacency.  It is amazing how so many people seem to know what was said in the dressing room at half time. I don't know either, but I am prepared to bet my life savings that Parker did not say anything like "Don't worry, lads, you can relax - the game's won" or "Don't bother marking Perreira" or "You can just coast to the end".  I suspect the message was the opposite i.e. to guard against complacency.

Voice of reason to me. Parker is an easy target, and he'll be glad to accept that fact, but doesn't mean we need to take the obvious route. The players body language and attitude were poor right from the start of the second half. To me, it made zero sense as to why though. Once we conceded, we had our bounce back and energy. It shouldn't take that force though - and that was the issue I saw. At least we showed character and salvaged a point. Not good enough, but a point is a point.

davew

He helped with the promotion last season and may do the same next season, sadly when all the loanees go back to their clubs we won`t be left with a promotion chasing squad, so maybe won't matter who is in charge.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2021, 05:44:52 PM
He helped with the promotion last season and may do the same next season, sadly when all the loanees go back to their clubs we won`t be left with a promotion chasing squad, so maybe won't matter who is in charge.

When the loanees go back we will be left with a squad that is stronger than the one that Parker got promoted last time. The question is more if we will lose many more players important players or not.

General

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2021, 04:58:43 PM
So we keep the same DOF that blew our last chance in the PL by wasting £100m on terrible signings, then spent another £50m to scrape us back up last year, and now skint, with £100m of those players still on the books but not starting, spent our residual funds slightly better but still failed to get a CB in for the start of this season and failed to get a striker in this month.

Another manager change isn't the solution

The thing is the makings are there for a good squad this season and mitro was kept out of the last however many games, something Parker took responsibility for.. and at a time when we were struggling to score goals. He's admitted its his fault in that respect and in truth half time team talks like today clearly point in a specific direction, even moreso when you put it in context against the below par performances we got last season with the squad we had.

The arguments for keeping him just become far less convincing and the case more and more black and white in terms of him being replaced.

General

Quote from: Matt10 on January 30, 2021, 05:39:36 PM

Voice of reason to me. Parker is an easy target, and he'll be glad to accept that fact, but doesn't mean we need to take the obvious route. The players body language and attitude were poor right from the start of the second half. To me, it made zero sense as to why though. Once we conceded, we had our bounce back and energy. It shouldn't take that force though - and that was the issue I saw. At least we showed character and salvaged a point. Not good enough, but a point is a point.

He may not have said, "don't worry guys we've got this in the bag", but you can see him saying lukewarm things like.. "we're doing well, keep this up and with a few positional tweaks and we're in a good place.."

You definitely can't imagine him saying.. with energy.. right you, do this, we need more urgency in the second half, its really time to stamp our authority on the second half and dominate them.. let's force them to make mistakes, they're going to come out in the second half and want to fight for this, let's dominate them and not let that happen".. he's just too passive/calm/measured for that.

colinwhite

Plodder

Quote from: General on January 30, 2021, 05:53:54 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 30, 2021, 05:39:36 PM

He may not have said, "don't worry guys we've got this in the bag", but you can see him saying lukewarm things like.. "we're doing well, keep this up and with a few positional tweaks and we're in a good place.."

You definitely can't imagine him saying.. with energy.. right you, do this, we need more urgency in the second half, its really time to stamp our authority on the second half and dominate them.. let's force them to make mistakes, they're going to come out in the second half and want to fight for this, let's dominate them and not let that happen".. he's just too passive/calm/measured for that.

I disagree entirely with your analysis. We'll never know, but if I had to bet, I would wager that his message was the latter.

_Putney_

i'd rather go down with parker than keep going on the manager merry go round

Black and White Blood

Get off Scott Parker's back
Some of you are ridiculous