News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has to be Parker final game if we fail to win this ...

Started by howitis, January 30, 2021, 04:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Quote from: clarkey on January 30, 2021, 05:18:39 PM
I love the "I want  stability" argument. It just makes no sense. What is the point of being consistently poor ? We are stable and bad !

Do you want the status quo or improvement, if we had a bad centre forward you'd get one who could shoot. We have a bad manager who can't motivate and STILL has not worked out any decent dead ball routines, our best team, and that Mitro is a class player.

One thing that was obvious today was that Mitro holds the ball up well, can pass it and makes defenders nervous. But we also learned Scott's team talks are bad, (see my post last week, we always give ground after half time, )and his team selection is flawed and two points from playing Brighton and WBA is not good enough.

We actually looked worse today than in any of our recent games...except up front where Mitro and Lookman looked OK.If only Bobby had taken that second chance.

Youve clearly got it all worked out .

Cornishnick

You can never discount an Allardice team that are struggling, not my fave bloke but he does have a way of firing up players. So, we should have seen that coming at beginning of 2nd half and been more prepared. I'm not qualified to say whether it was what Parker said or didn' tsay at HT, or whether the players own attitude was at fault. Either way, Baggies reaction was predictable and we weren't ready for it.  On balance, I'd say hang on to Parker whichever divi we end up in. Howe would be a gamble, and Rafa is old school who buys a team rather than building it (Ranieri anyone?). In the end, a real scarcity of good managers will push up their salary ask with no guarantees so I reckon we stay with what we have.

SouthIslandWhite

How many former athletes/footballers on this forum can say that during their playing experience in whatever sport: "Blimey that second half, we were so poor. If only the Gaffer had more clearly defined our goals at the half-time talk, we would never have lost that game."?

#SaidNoOneEver
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Matt10

Quote from: General on January 30, 2021, 05:53:54 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 30, 2021, 05:39:36 PM
Quote from: Plodder on January 30, 2021, 05:35:48 PM
It is as much up to the players as it is to the manager to guard against complacency.  It is amazing how so many people seem to know what was said in the dressing room at half time. I don't know either, but I am prepared to bet my life savings that Parker did not say anything like "Don't worry, lads, you can relax - the game's won" or "Don't bother marking Perreira" or "You can just coast to the end".  I suspect the message was the opposite i.e. to guard against complacency.

Voice of reason to me. Parker is an easy target, and he'll be glad to accept that fact, but doesn't mean we need to take the obvious route. The players body language and attitude were poor right from the start of the second half. To me, it made zero sense as to why though. Once we conceded, we had our bounce back and energy. It shouldn't take that force though - and that was the issue I saw. At least we showed character and salvaged a point. Not good enough, but a point is a point.
He may not have said, "don't worry guys we've got this in the bag", but you can see him saying lukewarm things like.. "we're doing well, keep this up and with a few positional tweaks and we're in a good place.."

You definitely can't imagine him saying.. with energy.. right you, do this, we need more urgency in the second half, its really time to stamp our authority on the second half and dominate them.. let's force them to make mistakes, they're going to come out in the second half and want to fight for this, let's dominate them and not let that happen".. he's just too passive/calm/measured for that.

I've never been a player of his, never been in his dressing room, never even been a fly on the wall.

I have heard him shout when the fake crowd noises are off, and he shouts...a lot. Very distinctly heard as well.

So I'm not sure what's the point of addressing things we aren't privvy to, and using that as a basis for an argument. It's all speculation and I think we're better bunch than to grasp at straws like that.

Luka

We started loosing this game half way through the first half when we were cruising.  We slowed, lost our urgency and let them come onto us. Parker needed to address that from the sideline and then again at half time. He just isn't ready for the job.

Tabby

Sometimes you have to wonder if the manager has any effect on the team listening to the excuses given. The team was taken completely unaware the moment WBA started pressing and they weren't able to deal with the high press for 25 minutes before Parker decided to make a change in formation after lettng in two goals.

itombomb

Quote from: Tabby on January 30, 2021, 06:25:10 PM
Sometimes you have to wonder if the manager has any effect on the team listening to the excuses given. The team was taken completely unaware the moment WBA started pressing and they weren't able to deal with the high press for 25 minutes before Parker decided to make a change in formation after lettng in two goals.
Exactly, we'll never know what happened at half-time.

What we do know is it took 25 minutes for him to change anything after half time.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

West Brom responded after half time having had a woeful first half
BDR had 3 excellent chances but sadly buried only one. Not good enough!
Loftus Cheek contributed nothing & he won't be here @ the end of the season
Robinson poor, underwhelmed!
Mitro first half had service to him & played well. Second half didn't get any support
The subs did very well.
Anguissa & Anderson sublime

Likely now that most of the core of excellent players will clear off @ the end of the season when the expected happens
Such a shame as we are so near to having a team good enough to more than survive

Not Scotty's fault but....for the lack of one or two other signings..... again not his fault

You have to ask chewing the cud if you don't get the support of the owner & his son....well what can you do or achieve?

Gutted as it seems like 3 points lost as opposed to 1 gained

Arthur

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 30, 2021, 07:27:58 PM
Mitro first half had service to him & played well. Second half didn't get any support

I agree Mitrovic had a good first half. In our position, however, we can't afford to give a player a 'free pass' when we're up against it and need to turn things around. Mitrovic has to contribute something to get us going again, just like every other player. In my view, he was as responsible for our showing after Albion's equaliser as the rest of those who struggled and took so long to get us a foothold back in the game.

Matt10

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 30, 2021, 07:27:58 PM
West Brom responded after half time having had a woeful first half
BDR had 3 excellent chances but sadly buried only one. Not good enough!
Loftus Cheek contributed nothing & he won't be here @ the end of the season
Robinson poor, underwhelmed!
The subs did very well.
Anguissa & Anderson sublime

Likely now that most of the core of excellent players will clear off @ the end of the season when the expected happens
Such a shame as we are so near to having a team good enough to more than survive

Not Scotty's fault but....for the lack of one or two other signings..... again not his fault

You have to ask chewing the cud if you don't get the support of the owner & his son....well what can you do or achieve?

Gutted as it seems like 3 points lost as opposed to 1 gained

RLC was the one who slotted the pass into BDR's path when he struck the post. If BDR scores that, RLC's got the assist.

At least put some effort when posting blanket statements.