Why Keep Scott Parker

Started by Keefy, April 11, 2021, 04:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Quote from: bobby01 on April 16, 2021, 11:17:01 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on April 16, 2021, 10:36:21 AM
Quote from: bobby01 on April 16, 2021, 10:29:31 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on April 16, 2021, 10:18:04 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/04/16/fulham-should-stick-scott-parker-whatever-fate-numbers-show/

fulham-should-stick-scott-parker-whatever-fate-numbers-show

Having just looked at the article. The point it misses is, if you do not play forwards you are unlikely to score goals. That is down to Parker.   ..... sorry this was actualy answering anothr post.  Bobby ,in my book you support your manager. Parker is not my ideal manager but at the moment he is ours. Unfair and over the top criticism is what i have a problem with and that is a fixed unchangeable point of view unlike my feelings about Parker.

Which way do you want it? Mitro is immobile and slow ,so playing him made us a poorer pressing team ,but maybe he could score ( was very poor when he did get the chance ), but he didnt do  alot of that. Playing without Mitro let us play 5 at the back ,become better in press (and therefore more solid ) with the chance of quick counters. Most of the good period of the season we have had was without mitro and with a back 5. We beat Leicester ,Everton ,and Liverpool away playing that way.
Perhaps its you that missing the point because if we had had different types of forwards they would have of course played. If mitro had started in every game we would probably have a lot less points than we have now.

I really admire your undying commitment to Parker Colin, and have learned long ago that it is pointless trying to change your set opinions. Whatever you say Mitro is a top international striker, but you need to play to his strengths, we have not played 5 at the back for a while,  we have consistently played with cav, who for all his faults and I think he also has good qualities many miss, but he is not a forward. But as I say I will never get you to see another side of things.
I have not been on Parker's back all season but do sincerely believe that we will go nowhere under his leadership, but as all things that is my opinion based on how I see things.
Good day sir.

Parker is no different to any other player or manager . If a bigger team with more money and opportunity comes along then they would at least think seriously about it. you dont rate Parker ok ,fair enough but dont pin that on him as well !

FFC1987

Quote from: colinwhite on April 16, 2021, 07:13:30 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on April 16, 2021, 11:17:01 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on April 16, 2021, 10:36:21 AM
Quote from: bobby01 on April 16, 2021, 10:29:31 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on April 16, 2021, 10:18:04 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/04/16/fulham-should-stick-scott-parker-whatever-fate-numbers-show/

fulham-should-stick-scott-parker-whatever-fate-numbers-show

Having just looked at the article. The point it misses is, if you do not play forwards you are unlikely to score goals. That is down to Parker.   ..... sorry this was actualy answering anothr post.  Bobby ,in my book you support your manager. Parker is not my ideal manager but at the moment he is ours. Unfair and over the top criticism is what i have a problem with and that is a fixed unchangeable point of view unlike my feelings about Parker.

Which way do you want it? Mitro is immobile and slow ,so playing him made us a poorer pressing team ,but maybe he could score ( was very poor when he did get the chance ), but he didnt do  alot of that. Playing without Mitro let us play 5 at the back ,become better in press (and therefore more solid ) with the chance of quick counters. Most of the good period of the season we have had was without mitro and with a back 5. We beat Leicester ,Everton ,and Liverpool away playing that way.
Perhaps its you that missing the point because if we had had different types of forwards they would have of course played. If mitro had started in every game we would probably have a lot less points than we have now.

I really admire your undying commitment to Parker Colin, and have learned long ago that it is pointless trying to change your set opinions. Whatever you say Mitro is a top international striker, but you need to play to his strengths, we have not played 5 at the back for a while,  we have consistently played with cav, who for all his faults and I think he also has good qualities many miss, but he is not a forward. But as I say I will never get you to see another side of things.
I have not been on Parker's back all season but do sincerely believe that we will go nowhere under his leadership, but as all things that is my opinion based on how I see things.
Good day sir.

Parker is no different to any other player or manager . If a bigger team with more money and opportunity comes along then they would at least think seriously about it. you dont rate Parker ok ,fair enough but dont pin that on him as well !

Big IF for a manager with a 16% win rate in the EPL with a competitive squad.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on April 16, 2021, 05:46:38 PM
Interested to know what people think is the number when inexperienced becomes experienced and when the former can no longer be used as an excuse?
You have 'experience' from the moment you are labelled 'inexperienced' and in many ways your behaviour at said moment may be indicative of things to come.  As with all human endeavour coaches come in differing shapes and sizes and I rather doubt there is an optimum format except the one designed for the individual themselves.  How quickly an individual finds their optimum format depends upon how well they know themselves and how far they believe they can stretch outside their own perceived limits.  At the moment I would say Parker can still be any one of good, bad, or indifferent as a coach and is not very far out of the beginner phase.  Although he was largely thrown in the deep end his employers do appear to think he has something to offer them other than misery.  I am not so sure anymore because he hasn't capitalised on things he said he had 'given to' his squad e.g. momentum.

jarv

I hope he stays to try to have a winning season after relegation. Reason? Who else?

Plenty of dinosaurs and has been managers out there to pick from..who else could have done better with the forwards Fulham have on board.

Remember Bobby Robson, sacked after one season. What happened next?  Ipswich, Barcelona, England (best manager they ever had)...history often repeats.

Nero

Quote from: jarv on April 17, 2021, 03:46:07 PM
I hope he stays to try to have a winning season after relegation. Reason? Who else?

Plenty of dinosaurs and has been managers out there to pick from..who else could have done better with the forwards Fulham have on board.

Remember Bobby Robson, sacked after one season. What happened next?  Ipswich, Barcelona, England (best manager they ever had)...history often repeats.

Also remember people didn't want that dinosaur Moyes here, I'm sure many a manager would have had this team playing better, our play is static everyone gets the ball stood still and that allows the opposition to get players behind the ball, how often do our players receive the ball running onto it at pace, hardly ever.

FFC1987

The mere comparison from Robson to Parker...man alive this is getting embarrassing.