more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take Mourinho?

Started by blingo, April 19, 2021, 12:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 19, 2021, 09:51:01 PM
Blingo you can't serious or else you truly are clueless when it comes to football.

If the only argument against Mourinho was just because he's boring, then maybe you would have a point. But it's more than that.

Tactically he isn't boring, he's just backwards. He hasn't adapted in the last 10 years and his style has become forcibly negative. He alienates players and divides dressing rooms - the same thing happened at Madrid, Manchester United and now Spurs.

He's just not a very good manager anymore.

His win rate is on a downward trajectory. These aren't anomalies, it's a pattern that will more than likely continue. But you want to be the next sucker to take that gamble

Look at the stats Simply and tell me you wouldn't love them at FFC. He has taken 151 points out of a possible 258.  Who's clueless????

clarkey

Not for me, I think he has lost his charm and he looks severely demotivated to me.

BUT I would think seriously about a big money purchase of Tammy from Chels to go with his brother. Buy him and he could be our 30 goals a season Louis Saha Mk II.

Expensive, yes, but talented and young and we know the family.Also much better to have one good player than RLC, Cav, Josh Onamah, Cyrus Christie and a whole gaggle of others.Would show ambition.

simplyfulham

Quote from: blingo on April 19, 2021, 10:01:44 PM
Blingo you can't serious or else you truly are clueless when it comes to football.

If the only argument against Mourinho was just because he's boring, then maybe you would have a point. But it's more than that.

Tactically he isn't boring, he's just backwards. He hasn't adapted in the last 10 years and his style has become forcibly negative. He alienates players and divides dressing rooms - the same thing happened at Madrid, Manchester United and now Spurs.

His win rate is on a downward trajectory. These aren't anomalies, it's a pattern that will more than likely continue. But you want to be the next sucker to take that gamble

Look at the stats Simply and tell me you wouldn't love them at FFC. He has taken 151 points out of a possible 258.  Who's clueless????

He has two of the worlds best footballers at his disposal.

Whichever way you want to slice it, it's a poor return.

blingo

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 19, 2021, 10:34:07 PM

If you say so, but I don't agree with you in the slightest.

Twig

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 19, 2021, 10:34:07 PM

Agree, he's going downhill. Also, as far as I am aware he's never got a team promoted? And finally I don't like the way he inevitably falls out with players, criticising them publicly and leaving his successor to scoop up the poop.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

It's never going to happen but I wouldn't mind him at Fulham. He must have had a torrid time working for Levy. Now there's a piece of work

ex-Pat

Time to go Big,,,,get him at right now, he lives around the corner..

Willham

I honestly couldn't see why, someone said hed attract bigger names, I'm not so sure anymore, most players are a little wary of playing for mourinho now, as he's known for always arguing with his team.

His recent track records are really short, someone posted his stats for Tottenham, awful, awful stats and I feel sorry for the next manager of tottenham because they'll have to pick up his short fall.

Mourinho stinks of failure these days and I fear it would really dampen our championship chances. The overconfident mourinho would have in the championship would be unpresicedented and I can not even fathom an idea of success with him, I'd rather ian dowie

ScalleysDad

Ian Dowie. What a top bloke and one of the better speakers at FA seminars even if some of the words were made up.
To some extent we have to move away from the tags of 'quaint little old Fulham' and 'it's my favourite away day' but equally do we need to jump on the managerial merry go round where the P.R machine around the person is bigger than the Clubs. We tried this tactic with Ranieri. A little while ago in what looked like it might be an interesting thread, before hostilities broke out, there was the makings of a discussion on our identity and what we wanted to be our ethos to be and what the badge meant and the requirements needed to wear it. I hope it's still work in progress but I hope even more that we do not jump on the merry go round of massive salaries, egos, payoffs and media fodder.

Cornishnick

Think he is past his sell by date. We have a good academy and he'll totally ignore it. He only knows one way to make a team and that's with the chairmans wallet! He's rapidly becoming "old school" and doesn't seem to be able to bring on good youngsters - which we are producing and a decent rate.

General

I would - I think he's disillusioned with football and big clubs and needs an opportunity to get back to the grass roots of the game and find his love of the game too. I believe he's always held Fulham in high regard, from saying as much when Cookie was our manager, to having his son play for our youth setup. I think it'd be a good match. Less pressure admittedly, but let's not fool ourselves, he's still a better manager than we can currently attract.

blingo

22 trophies in his career, averaging one every 34 matches. Says it all. He is still a top drawer manager.
The third most successful manager of all time.

ron

"Necessity makes strange bedfellows".

That's about all I'd say on the subject.

grandad

NO, No, No, a thousand times NO. Every job he has ever had ends in tears. He is toxic & would destroy our club. He would never cope with working with our FFP restrictions.
Where there's a will there's a wife

simplyfulham

Quote from: blingo on April 20, 2021, 06:27:19 PM
22 trophies in his career, averaging one every 34 matches. Says it all. He is still a top drawer manager.

It literally says nothing.

blingo

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 20, 2021, 08:05:03 PM

That has to be one of the most stupid things ever posted on here

Asotosyios

I doubt Mourinho would ever consider coming here, but it's funny reading comments some comments here.

Mourinho has lost his mojo, even if his worse record is winning 51% of his Spurs games, so we don't want him here and prefer Parker with 5/33 wins. Or that he can only build a team with the owner's wallet, while we complain that TK got only 9 new players for Parker and not more.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

St Eve

Mmmm. Isn't that 22 more trophies than we have won in 130 years?

blingo

Quote from: St Eve on April 21, 2021, 03:08:18 AM

Mmmm. Isn't that 22 more trophies than we have won in 130 years?

We won the intertoto cup