Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

Quote from: blingo on April 23, 2021, 04:58:46 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on April 23, 2021, 03:31:53 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 22, 2021, 10:20:41 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on April 22, 2021, 04:21:00 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 21, 2021, 05:36:10 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 21, 2021, 04:05:41 PM
As I said previously, he was going anyway, he has 'under performed', the Super League gave the club and him the perfect opportunity to part ways 'soon rather then later'. 

Come on Mr Rebel be realistic. He is the 3rd most successful manager of all time

What are you on?

Look up the facts before making silly comments and embarrassing yourself.

1. Sir Alex Ferguson (48 Titles)
-
2. Mircea Lucescu (32 Titles)
-
3. Valeriy Lobanovskyi (29 Titles)
-
4. Pep Guardiola (27 Titles)
-
5. Jock Stein (26 Titles)

... and that's before we even talk about successful managers who don't have the trophy haul to match their influence on the game like Paisley, Cruyff, Michels or Wenger.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of dodgy opinion there Blingo  :54:

No lets not

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/Top-10-Best-Football-Managers-In-The-World

But... that's an opinion piece? You are aware of that right?

Mourinho has been a manager for about 20 years. In the last 10 years, he's only picked up 4 trophies (if you exclude the charity shield and other equivalents).

He did his best work between about 2002-2011. He's pretty much a busted flush now. He'll go down as one of the biggest influences on the premier league but don't pretend that the current incarnation of Mourinho has got much left to offer.

blingo

He has loads left to offer. You don't become a bad manager overnight.

Buffalo76

He still commands a huge salary so no chance he'd manage us anyway - a pity as he'd certainly raise our profile as well as our league position.

simplyfulham

Quote from: blingo on April 23, 2021, 06:44:02 PM

No you don't, and I don't think anyone is suggesting that. But in his case he has slowly become a less effective manager over a 10 year decline.

clarkey

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on April 23, 2021, 05:12:40 PM
Whichever stats you go by, JM is one of the worlds best managers and I for one would love to see him at Fulham.
We'd def get worse under him
Take the day off Bongo

Woolly Mammoth

I feel JM is a busted flush and like a lot of managers of the so called top clubs can only succeed with an open cheque book. I cannot see him coming here even if Fulham begged him, plus I would not particularly want him.
He is far too defensive minded and falls out with people wherever he goes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 24, 2021, 12:01:24 AM
I feel JM is a busted flush and like a lot of managers of the so called top clubs can only succeed with an open cheque book. I cannot see him coming here even if Fulham begged him, plus I would not particularly want him.

I don't think he's a busted flush at all Woolly, he's still a very very good manager. However, I don't think he would ever come to us either. Would I like to see him at FFC 100% yes, I'd settle for a 50% win rate in the premiership.

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on April 23, 2021, 10:44:19 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 23, 2021, 05:12:40 PM
Whichever stats you go by, JM is one of the worlds best managers and I for one would love to see him at Fulham.
We'd def get worse under him
Take the day off Bongo

How could we get worse than under parker? Have you considered a psychiatrist?

blingo

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 23, 2021, 08:47:26 PM

No you don't, and I don't think anyone is suggesting that. But in his case he has slowly become a less effective manager over a 10 year decline.

Whichever ratings you look at, they are all in the eyes of the person writing them in their way, but this is about Mourinho and however you look at it, the man is a TOP rated football manager. Do we all have periods in life where things don't quite work out? Of course we do, but to think/say/believe that he isn't a MASSIVE improvement on our current manager is to argue for the sake of arguing. Love him or loathe him he is still a class act. A 25% Mourinho would be much better than 100% parker.

Willham

Quote from: blingo on April 24, 2021, 09:47:46 AM

Whichever ratings you look at, they are all in the eyes of the person writing them in their way, but this is about Mourinho and however you look at it, the man is a TOP rated football manager. Do we all have periods in life where things don't quite work out? Of course we do, but to think/say/believe that he isn't a MASSIVE improvement on our current manager is to argue for the sake of arguing. Love him or loathe him he is still a class act. A 25% Mourinho would be much better than 100% parker.

I disagree, one thing parker has done very well is getting our team playing for one another, which is what's needed to fight for survival, in mouringos last 3 teams hes demolished the work for each other thesis.
I dont think Mourinho would do a better job than parker, I fully believe he would struggle with our team.

Twig

Quote from: Willham on April 24, 2021, 10:15:12 AM
Quote from: blingo on April 24, 2021, 09:47:46 AM

I disagree, one thing parker has done very well is getting our team playing for one another, which is what's needed to fight for survival, in mouringos last 3 teams hes demolished the work for each other thesis.
I dont think Mourinho would do a better job than parker, I fully believe he would struggle with our team.

I completely agree. JM has no track record of working at our level but does have track record of publicly criticising his own players and breaking up team morale.

blingo

Parker has done nothing more than put us in a situation where we are going to be relegated. A good manager would have kept us up with the squad we currently have.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on April 24, 2021, 09:41:58 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 24, 2021, 12:01:24 AM

I don't think he's a busted flush at all Woolly, he's still a very very good manager. However, I don't think he would ever come to us either. Would I like to see him at FFC 100% yes, I'd settle for a 50% win rate in the premiership.

He now relies on a cheque book to use as a crutch because he has busted his flush. But his stock is going down fast because he no longer can get the best out of players at any one time, and his bullshite is old hat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: blingo on April 24, 2021, 11:43:25 AM
Parker has done nothing more than put us in a situation where we are going to be relegated. A good manager would have kept us up with the squad we currently have.
Then again Mr B, that is just an assumption, there is no way you can say for certain that another manager would have kept us up, but of course you are entitled to make that assumption.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

blingo

As you are fully entitled to your opinion Alfie

Willham

Really? We have a chance of survival at this late stage of the season and while going through a pandemic, all in all I think parkers had a decent stab at a difficult situation. I really dont think hes a bad manager, not great but he has the makings of a great manager in him.
He hasn't got the team to survive. I said it when we won the play offs, hes esstientially won a battle to his own demise, the team was never going to stay up and whether he gets sacked now or after a poor start next campaign ultimately the play off final was where the end of parker began

Twig

Well actually he got us promoted so your statement is factually incorrect.  As to whether "a good manager would have kept us up with the squad we currently have". I think that's debatable. I agree that Scottt has made mistakes and I'm no fan of his rather negative mmindset and granted we have a few very decent players. However we also have areas of obvious wakness, our squad is hopelessley unbalanceda nd we have a history of investing in injury prone players (thanks TK).

blingo

Quote from: Twig on April 24, 2021, 04:38:36 PM

Well actually he got us promoted so your statement is factually incorrect.  As to whether "a good manager would have kept us up with the squad we currently have". I think that's debatable. I agree that Scottt has made mistakes and I'm no fan of his rather negative mmindset and granted we have a few very decent players. However we also have areas of obvious wakness, our squad is hopelessley unbalanceda nd we have a history of investing in injury prone players (thanks TK).

Mr Twig, we were very very lucky to have gained promotion under Parker. We finished fourth, went up in extra time to a team that were better than we were. We had some diabolical performances through that season, with what was the best team in the championship on paper. At no time has Parker played to our strengths this season and he has been woefully short tactically in the majority of the games we have played. If that were not the case we would not be staring relegation in the face.
A half decent manager would have plugged the tactical gaps and I am pretty sure found the best in our midfield and attacking strengths, in my personal view, that would have kept us up. The Arsenal game was the perfect example of tactical failure. Take off our forwards, and sit back and wait for Arsenal to attack. No defence can hold out on that amount of pressure, no matter how good that defence is. A good manager finds the best way to balance his squad instead of using the same "it's a game of small margins" excuse week in and week out. Does he not learn???

It's a sad time for all of us Fulham supporters new and old and yes i'll always support the team and never change my colours, but i'm sorry 5 games won all season says to me that we have the wrong manager. The DOF should never have even got the job, full stop.