more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bencher

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 04:37:42 PM
Swansea journalist just tweeted saying Grimes to Fulham is almost done....Swansea fans seem to think it's happening too...make of that what you will

I'm no expert on Grimes but from a few minutes of Youtube he seems like Tom Cairney, but with less pace (!) and less of a goal threat. Very one footed, but stylish and a penchant for attempting Paul Scholes type passes.  I don't really see where he fits in unless the club are banking on Cairney being on the treatment table regularly (not a bad bet). He doesn't strike me as like for like with SJ as he seems to player deeper, less box to box. Obviously we have lost KMac and perhaps expect to lose Seri and Frank so there may be a case for him providing decent first 11 competition in central midfield. Anyhow, I would not have thought it was the area on the pitch we would be recruiting first.

junior white

Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2021, 05:21:14 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 21, 2021, 02:00:23 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2021, 01:36:19 PM
Mitro took a holiday in Turkey so now every third rate Turkish rumour mill will be linking him to one of Besiktas / Gala / Fenerbahce all summer

He's back in training, is settled here, the manager he fell out with is gone and the club have been plastering photos of him over social media. Not going anywhere unless someone like Palace get interested
Is he now settled, do we know that for sure. What worries me was the rumours he put in a transfer request at the start of last season and in December (just rumours that were on the internet, probably not true but who knows) and if he did has that request been withdrawn as seen no rumours anywhere about that. Only rumours other than the transfer request I have seen was linking him to a Turkish club, but as you say he went on holiday there.

One thing is for sure we need him firing and committed with no requests hanging around or anything like that, or we need to off load and adequately replace him.

In fairness I was using "settled" in the broad sense that he's been living here with his family for several years now. Wouldn't rule out him fancying a move still but the Turkish stories just wreak of BS IMO. They coincide with him going on holiday there, say we were close to agreeing a loan fee which I find hard to believe when the PR team were making a big deal of him coming back to training, and if he's genuinely unhappy despite the managerial change (ie he just doesn't like Fulham anymore) then a loan (ie temporary deal) doesn't really seem like a good solution for any party.
I agree with you 100%

We would also promote how happy he is to increase the price as getting a happy player costs more, but a good agent would always be able to beat that down a little

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: bencher on July 21, 2021, 06:07:51 PM
Swansea journalist just tweeted saying Grimes to Fulham is almost done....Swansea fans seem to think it's happening too...make of that what you will

I'm no expert on Grimes but from a few minutes of Youtube he seems like Tom Cairney, but with less pace (!) and less of a goal threat. Very one footed, but stylish and a penchant for attempting Paul Scholes type passes.  I don't really see where he fits in unless the club are banking on Cairney being on the treatment table regularly (not a bad bet). He doesn't strike me as like for like with SJ as he seems to player deeper, less box to box. Obviously we have lost KMac and perhaps expect to lose Seri and Frank so there may be a case for him providing decent first 11 competition in central midfield. Anyhow, I would not have thought it was the area on the pitch we would be recruiting first.

Grimes is more of a defensive/deeper midfielder

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 06:15:20 PM

He looks alot like Oliver Norwood to me, would that be fair?

Jules

Quote from: We Are Premier League on July 21, 2021, 04:18:09 PM
Quote from: grandad on July 21, 2021, 04:04:42 PM
Quote from: MickTheBeard on July 21, 2021, 03:23:29 PM
Look man started well then he was hopeless,he would do us a lot of damage. Bets would get better money with the filth as 3rd goalkeeper ,we offered a lot less than his original contract to be number 2 behind Rodak .

Betts wanted game time. He might get it with their U 23´s as an over age player. It´s not all about money. Professional pride has to come into the equation.

Think of it this way. What is more exciting; 2nd GK in the Championship or third GK in a club that is hoping to win european titles?
Not just hoping to win  - current Champions League holders!

FFC1987

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 21, 2021, 06:42:43 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 06:15:20 PM

He looks alot like Oliver Norwood to me, would that be fair?

Yes I would agree

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 21, 2021, 07:11:47 PM
If Grimes comes in, does that mean Reed is out?

Highly doubt it, no one will pay 20 mill+ for Reed

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 07:16:00 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 21, 2021, 07:11:47 PM
If Grimes comes in, does that mean Reed is out?

Highly doubt it, no one will pay 20 mill+ for Reed
Personally dont think we would get that much if he were for sale which i dont think he is

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 02:41:08 PM
I've been told Mitro is going knowhere. He has had good talks with Silva and is willing to stay currently
Is this inside info?

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: junior white on July 21, 2021, 07:34:32 PM
I've been told Mitro is going knowhere. He has had good talks with Silva and is willing to stay currently
Is this inside info?
Please, let's not start this again!

IloveFFC

Who is the journalist?

junior white

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on July 21, 2021, 07:53:18 PM
Is this inside info?
I wasnt i was asking as i was interested and if you look back i supported him and said at the time sometimes things go awry.

So just curious, Jesus

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: junior white on July 21, 2021, 08:22:34 PM
Is this inside info?
I wasnt i was asking as i was interested and if you look back i supported him and said at the time sometimes things go awry.

So just curious, Jesus

Yes, obviously I'll let you judge it for yourself but I would be surprised if Mitro was to go. Also Stef Jo will more than likely be off to QPR and Matt Grimes more than likely to come in. After what happened last time, I won't say for certain it's definitely going to happen, but that's the info I've been told.

junior white

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 08:29:24 PM
Is this inside info?

So just curious, Jesus

Yes, obviously I'll let you judge it for yourself but I would be surprised if Mitro was to go. Also Stef Jo will more than likely be off to QPR and Matt Grimes more than likely to come in. After what happened last time, I won't say for certain it's definitely going to happen, but that's the info I've been told.
Cheers WSW. Does your source know if the rumoured request to leave form Mitro has been rescinded?

My own personal opinion is that he wont go and he will see how things go with Silva

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: junior white on July 21, 2021, 08:33:53 PM
Is this inside info?

So just curious, Jesus

Cheers WSW. Does your source know if the rumoured request to leave form Mitro has been rescinded?

My own personal opinion is that he wont go and he will see how things go with Silva

The last I heard Mitro had had positive talks with Silva and is likely to stay now. Also If he was to go Fulham wanted his wages paid in full plus a 4 million loan fee which won't happen. My mate said he'd be surprised if Mitro went anywhere and is open to staying after speaking to Silva

filham

Quote from: bobby01 on July 21, 2021, 05:31:26 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 21, 2021, 01:48:48 PM
ANDY CARROLL is on a free transfer now.

Andy Carroll! I'm glad people have not lost their sense of humour on here.
A 32 year old violent drunk with the body of a 45 year old and an injury record that sounds like the report on a Jumbo jet crash. One time reasonable striker who has, unfortunately for a striker, forgotten how to score goals.
On a free, but the bill for a new treatment table plus the bail money would be astronomical.

That's a no then?    064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
Wow, that is all a bit strong but it is hard to remember when last Carol had a good season.

sunburywhite

Quote from: filham on July 21, 2021, 09:10:19 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on July 21, 2021, 05:31:26 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 21, 2021, 01:48:48 PM
ANDY CARROLL is on a free transfer now.

Andy Carroll! I'm glad people have not lost their sense of humour on here.
A 32 year old violent drunk with the body of a 45 year old and an injury record that sounds like the report on a Jumbo jet crash. One time reasonable striker who has, unfortunately for a striker, forgotten how to score goals.
On a free, but the bill for a new treatment table plus the bail money would be astronomical.

That's a no then?    064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
Wow, that is all a bit strong but it is hard to remember when last Carol had a good season.

The last time Carol came good was Christmas
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Blawarmy

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 08:36:16 PM
Is this inside info?

So just curious, Jesus

The last I heard Mitro had had positive talks with Silva and is likely to stay now. Also If he was to go Fulham wanted his wages paid in full plus a 4 million loan fee which won't happen. My mate said he'd be surprised if Mitro went anywhere and is open to staying after speaking to Silva
Any truth re Harry Wilson WSW?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 21, 2021, 10:49:56 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 21, 2021, 08:36:16 PM
Is this inside info?

So just curious, Jesus

Any truth re Harry Wilson WSW?

Yes, was told that was a goer. However will be expensive. Won't be full 15 mill up front but will be a significant chunk of that upfront with the rest paid over 24 months. If he does come in, expect a big money departure. Probably Zambo. Wilson deal still has a lot of work to be done, but the club are hearing positive murmurings from Liverpool regarding the payment plan on offer. Fulham will make a formal offer once they have agreed how it will be paid etc.