watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa 🙄

Started by perry geyton, August 08, 2021, 05:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCFOREVER

At the end of the day Anguissa's never been fit to wear the shirt and to put it bluntly has played crap on most occasions as a FFC player. No goals or assists for us and only 2 career goals and 2 career assists in slower tempo leagues says it all. Not prem standard and good riddance if/when he leaves. Jog him right on and rip someone's hand off if they offer decent money.

perry geyton

Quote from: millsy on August 10, 2021, 04:52:38 PM
This is getting boring. Please move this prima Donna on and try to recruit a couple of proper footballers, who will fight for the cause!
Apparently he tried to leave 3 times, did a surging run to Putney Bridge then did a u turn and went back to the cottage

simplyfulham

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 10, 2021, 05:00:27 PM
At the end of the day Anguissa's never been fit to wear the shirt and to put it bluntly has played crap on most occasions as a FFC player. No goals or assists for us and only 2 career goals and 2 career assists in slower tempo leagues says it all. Not prem standard and good riddance if/when he leaves. Jog him right on and rip someone's hand off if they offer decent money.

Oof, well just leaving this here for FFCF.

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on August 09, 2021, 11:12:14 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 08:01:11 PM
I agree that he probably is off, thats not really up for debate - we mostly all think the same in that respect.

However, I (and others) have found zero links to support your claim though, which is....strange, but there we are.

I'll leave it there.

https://theathletic.com/news/anguissa-left-out-of-fulhams-draw-with-middlesbrough-due-to-desire-to-leave/yhUR6ywExKEP

Well there you have it Sumerset, Twig, bestofBrede, simply fulham, cookieG etc etc

I'll be waiting for apologies from the lot of you
And don't be changing your tune like Sumersets already done

1. If this was the "loads of articles" that you were referring to why didn't you post it and admit there's just one single reference?
2. Where does it say he refused to play?

Look, at the end of the day I want him gone as much as the next person.  I don't rate him and feel he's always underperformed.  His goals and assists contribution is pathetic.  Whether he's toxic like some claim, I've no idea and whether he's refused to play I've similarly no idea.  I just want to see the back of him.  On that we are in full agreement!

blingo

I can't believe that you are all biting. Piri has got you all at it. I'd take bets he's sitting there laughing his socks off.

Somerset Fulham

It's not funny though, Blingo.

Whitestone

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 10, 2021, 07:36:03 PM

Agree, it's not funny and totally disrespectful to Anguissa. No one knows the full facts.

FFC1987

Quote from: Whitestone on August 10, 2021, 07:38:45 PM

Agree, it's not funny and totally disrespectful to Anguissa. No one knows the full facts.

I'd happily trust the athletic. One of the rare but reliable sports outlets. If they say Anguissa is refusing to play and wants a move, I'm more than willing to believe it.

bobby01

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 10, 2021, 07:44:26 PM

I'd happily trust the athletic. One of the rare but reliable sports outlets. If they say Anguissa is refusing to play and wants a move, I'm more than willing to believe it.

I thought rutzler said he wants a transfer, nowhere did I read he refused to play, that was Silva's decision not to play him. One I agree with.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

sonnyjim

If he isn't gonna play, sell him ASAP and buy players who will improve the squad. There's no point in having a player who doesn't want to play, if he wants to go let him go.

Why aren't we signing players?

FFC1987

Quote from: bobby01 on August 10, 2021, 07:47:24 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 10, 2021, 07:44:26 PM

I thought rutzler said he wants a transfer, nowhere did I read he refused to play, that was Silva's decision not to play him. One I agree with.

Pardon me, that was a poor choice of wording. Yes, doesn't want to be here, so yeh, I still stand by it, if he doesn;t want to correct the failure he's been amply apart of, I think thats a slight on his character.

Logicalman

I agree that he probably is off, thats not really up for debate - we mostly all think the same in that respect.

However, I (and others) have found zero links to support your claim though, which is....strange, but there we are.

I'll leave it there.

https://theathletic.com/news/anguissa-left-out-of-fulhams-draw-with-middlesbrough-due-to-desire-to-leave/yhUR6ywExKEP

Well there you have it Sumerset, Twig, bestofBrede, simply fulham, cookieG etc etc

Not wishing to insert myself in this quarrel, but when the opening paragraph says:

"Andre-Frank Anguissa was left out of Fulham's matchday squad against Middlesbrough on Sunday due to his desire to leave the club, The Athletic understands."

For me, personally, the fact The Athletic might understand this doesn't fill me with the overall impression that they aren't just hedging bets on something they have read on the internet (well it's on the internet so it must be true - says the French model) and are looking to simply make unsubstantiated headlines, as some people are intent on doing. The refusal to play part does add some interest to the whole thing though.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFC1987

Quote from: Logicalman on August 10, 2021, 08:04:47 PM

I'll leave it there.

Not wishing to insert myself in this quarrel, but when the opening paragraph says:

"Andre-Frank Anguissa was left out of Fulham's matchday squad against Middlesbrough on Sunday due to his desire to leave the club, The Athletic understands."

For me, personally, the fact The Athletic might understand this doesn't fill me with the overall impression that they aren't just hedging bets on something they have read on the internet (well it's on the internet so it must be true - says the French model) and are looking to simply make unsubstantiated headlines, as some people are intent on doing. The refusal to play part does add some interest to the whole thing though.

Whilst I'd normally agree, the Athletic has a much higher threshold to not produce rubbish unless they're confident of who has reported it to them. They have too much to lose as a sub service model to produce click bait. I sub myself and they very rarely, get it wrong.

blingo

Hardly worth getting upset over.  I don't read anything life threatening. Piri has got you all worked up. As Bill Shakespeare would say, much ado about nothing. Tbh I do find it funny.

Fernhurst

FWIW Grimes to be far more effective player than Anguissa.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Somerset Fulham

I'm certainly not worked up, I just don't like a liar / peddler of misinformation. But I'll say no more on the matter, he clearly won't apologise for it, nor is he embarrassed by it, which is quite something.

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 10, 2021, 08:53:19 PM
I'm certainly not worked up, I just don't like a liar / peddler of misinformation. But I'll say no more on the matter, he clearly won't apologise for it, nor is he embarrassed by it, which is quite something.

Oh dear
You must be a bundle of fun to be around
It clearly says he didn't want to be here which clearly means he does not want to play,
Silva dropped him because of that fact, rightly so

What part of that do you not understand ?

Now go iron your khaki's to get your mind off it for a bit

I still love u 😍

Whitestone

Quote from: blingo on August 10, 2021, 08:40:01 PM

Hardly worth getting upset over.  I don't read anything life threatening. Piri has got you all worked up. As Bill Shakespeare would say, much ado about nothing. Tbh I do find it funny.

No one is upset. No one is worked up. Opinion is fine. Fabrication is not.

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on August 10, 2021, 06:57:31 PM
I can't believe that you are all biting. Piri has got you all at it. I'd take bets he's sitting there laughing his socks off.
Reveling in it Bongo

BestOfBrede

Quote from: perry geyton on August 10, 2021, 09:09:56 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 10, 2021, 08:53:19 PM

Oh dear
You must be a bundle of fun to be around
It clearly says he didn't want to be here which clearly means he does not want to play,
Silva dropped him because of that fact, rightly so

What part of that do you not understand ?

Now go iron your khaki's to get your mind off it for a bit

I still love u 😍

Well, well, Perry...
That's changed quite a lot from your original statement eh?

You now say: "it clearly says he didn't want to be here which clearly means he does not want to play"

Whereas, originally you stated that he "REFUSED" to play!

Surely you can see why people are questioning that?

Best leave this!?