watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham support

Started by perry geyton, September 21, 2021, 08:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyFFC

It's weird because the atmosphere was fine in H5, guess the CC acoustics aren't up to much. And I agree 100% with 70's Pimlico, pretty much every Leeds fan will probably live within the M25 - every northern team has a hugely inflated away following when playing in London

Statto

Quote from: Twig on September 21, 2021, 10:14:06 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 21, 2021, 09:37:52 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on September 21, 2021, 08:29:51 PM
Leeds support "is this a library" over & over

Surely every Fulham fan should know by now the words are "this is" a library, not "is this" a library. We hear it every week so no excuse.

Not at all. Our supporters and especially the Hammy End make some decent noise. Not the very loudest, I'd agree, but as good as the home support at plenty of away games I've been to over the years.
Pretty sure it's been sung at every home game this season (speaking from experience as an attendee at most of them)

bobbo

That's a myth you lads are on about —-  most of the Leeds fans being local to us , you obviously never saw all their coaches on Fulham palace rd. I was in the hammy end and our bunch were making a noise just not as loud as them .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

gang

Quote from: _Putney_ on September 21, 2021, 10:51:15 PM
Leeds fans were always going to be louder

Empty vessels make the most noise.

filham

The Hammy End went missing tonight, both in numbers and in voice.

Woolly Mammoth

The loudest noise comes from an empty drum.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Quote from: Jim© on September 21, 2021, 10:43:59 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on September 21, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
Quote from: Terry Towling on September 21, 2021, 08:44:11 PM
I used to a loud Hammersmith end but on TV it sounded like we were ilent - acoustics are awful.
Hammy is half empty, not a murmur coming from the Fulham support

Cracking game tho, really enjoying it and wish I was there

Our support is a joke tho

Are you on a wind up?
Always

Worcesterwhite

Iv got to be honest been in the hammy end last couple of home league games and some of the classic chants from times gone by seem to have disappeared, for instance been a long time since iv heard black and white ul never pass stick the blue flag up your...... and others from time gone bye, we've never been the most volcal but definitely going downhill

Jim©

Quote from: perry geyton on September 21, 2021, 11:38:17 PM
Quote from: Jim© on September 21, 2021, 10:43:59 PM
I used to a loud Hammersmith end but on TV it sounded like we were ilent - acoustics are awful.

Are you on a wind up?
Always

Thought so, I mean, no one could be so stupid to slag off the support at the ground and then say "wish I was there"!

70sPimlico

Quote from: bobbo on September 21, 2021, 11:01:38 PM
That's a myth you lads are on about —-  most of the Leeds fans being local to us , you obviously never saw all their coaches on Fulham palace rd. I was in the hammy end and our bunch were making a noise just not as loud as them .
No. They have great support, of that there is no doubt. I obviously have no idea on the split but my guess would be about 50:50. That would make about 2500 hardcore and 2500 "locals". The average away attendance when they went up was 2900, which kind of backs this up.

I have no problem with it other than as a home fan its a bit of a wind up being the host to someone else's annual party. Liverpool are the worst for it though.

I didnt go, so I have no right to moan anyway and well done for those that went

Dodger53

For a packed out Putney end I thought they were mostly quiet, also enjoyed the hammy end noise and support. Don't believe everything you hear on TV.

MikeTheCubed

Some reasonably decent noise from the back of H5 and adjacent side of H4 but that's never enough to reverberate around the ground.

There was an increasing number of empty seats in front of me 2nd half as people moved away after obtaining headaches from the noise I generated.  086.gif

colinwhite

One could argue that Leeds supporters have nothing better to do with their lives

If all our supporters were as negative as you we definetly would be a joke!

The Cravenette

As someone who did bother going last night, I don't appreciate being called a joke or embarrassing. The Hammy End were fairly noisy but was never going to be noisier than the Putney end packed with Leeds fans.

It was a decent game too.

bobbo

Quote from: The Cravenette on September 22, 2021, 07:44:09 AM
As someone who did bother going last night, I don't appreciate being called a joke or embarrassing. The Hammy End were fairly noisy but was never going to be noisier than the Putney end packed with Leeds fans.

It was a decent game too.
0001.jpeg
1975 just leaving home full of hope

_Putney_

We're trying to compare the back of H5 to the whole of the Putney End.

South Coast White

I don't know if anyone has noticed but maybe someone sitting in the Puntney end could confirm, I'm pretty sure that the TV companies place those sausage like microphones on the ground in front of supporters for atmospherics, I've never seen one in front of the Hammy end but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's one in front of the away fans. It seems odd that in my opinion the away fans can be heard louder at nearly all home games that are on the TV.

WokingFFC

We had season tickets at the back of H6 until last year. Even though in our mid 50's we stood all game and sung and chanted with the yoof, as we always have. When speaking with the mainly lads, they advised that some were not able to attend mid week cup games as not covered by their season tickets, others because of travel costs and difficulty. Maybe this is a reason it was quiet, plus the Mrs and I not being there singing our hearts out!! 🤣🤣😂

jeremyfulham

One could argue that Leeds supporters have nothing better to do with their lives

Let me get this right....You haven't bothered to go and yet you are calling those that have gone a joke ???? Have I got that right ?

mrmicawbers

Anyone got an idea on the attendance last night?