Fulham support

Started by perry geyton, September 21, 2021, 08:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Seriously embarrassing
Leeds support "is this a library" over & over
Valid too

Matt10

I've never been to CC, it's on the bucket list, but I've always wondered this - how loud does it get? Are there Fulham chants even sung anymore? Seems like the place only gets loud when we're doing good or losing late. Genuinely curious!

somerset cockernee

Shush.....don't tap your keyboard so loud.

Twig

According to several on here this is a nothing game. I'm away on hols or I would have gone but obviously a lot of supporters also are the view that this game doesn't mean much.

Terry Towling

I used to a loud Hammersmith end but on TV it sounded like we were ilent - acoustics are awful.

perry geyton

Quote from: Terry Towling on September 21, 2021, 08:44:11 PM
I used to a loud Hammersmith end but on TV it sounded like we were ilent - acoustics are awful.
Hammy is half empty, not a murmur coming from the Fulham support

One could argue that Leeds supporters have nothing better to do with their lives

Cracking game tho, really enjoying it and wish I was there

Our support is a joke tho

70sPimlico

Having gone to these types of games so many times, its seriously annoying.

There's probably 50 Fulham fans that live in West Yorkshire but there is probably at least 10'000 Leeds "fans" that live in London and Home Counties. This will be many of they're only game of the season. Its the same as Liverpool, Man U etc.

Its basically party time for them. For us, there is no glamour in playing Leeds, we might as well playing Milton Keynes, its about exciting as that. In fact, there's almost certainly 100 fans in the Leeds end that live in MK and this is there big night.

Having said all that. I do feel bad I didnt go as the Leeds fans are seriously annoying. That orchestrated singing stuff is naff.

Thing is mate. Proper Leeds fans won't be singing about our support as they will understand we're on a hiding to nothing.

Also, proper FFC fans wouldn't be slagging our fans either.

perry geyton

Plus most of em London whites so it's their big day out
Probably half of em have never been to Elland road

70sPimlico

Quote from: Matt10 on September 21, 2021, 08:38:55 PM
I've never been to CC, it's on the bucket list, but I've always wondered this - how loud does it get? Are there Fulham chants even sung anymore? Seems like the place only gets loud when we're doing good or losing late. Genuinely curious!
Its worse on TV as the singing is at the back of the Hammersmith end mainly. Trust me, they will be making noise up there. Its just not as big a deal as it is for the Leeds fans, for reasons explained. Our away support is really good. Away support is traditionally far better than home support

perry geyton

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 21, 2021, 08:47:31 PM

There's probably 50 Fulham fans that live in West Yorkshire but there is probably at least 10'000 Leeds "fans" that live in London and Home Counties. This will be many of they're only game of the season. Its the same as Liverpool, Man U etc.

Its basically party time for them. For us, there is no glamour in playing Leeds, we might as well playing Milton Keynes, its about exciting as that. In fact, there's almost certainly 100 fans in the Leeds end that live in MK and this is there big night.

Having said all that. I do feel bad I didnt go as the Leeds fans are seriously annoying. That orchestrated singing stuff is naff.

Thing is mate. Proper Leeds fans won't be singing about our support as they will understand we're on a hiding to nothing.

I was going to post this message anyway, so, please don't think your troll post in any way motivated me to respond to you
Troll post ?
Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 21, 2021, 08:47:31 PM

There's always glamour when it comes to beating Leeds

perry geyton

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on September 21, 2021, 08:40:08 PM
According to several on here this is a nothing game. I'm away on hols or I would have gone but obviously a lot of supporters also are the view that this game doesn't mean much.
It's a very good game, feels like a cup tie

Statto

Quote from: perry geyton on September 21, 2021, 08:29:51 PM

Surely every Fulham fan should know by now the words are "this is" a library, not "is this" a library. We hear it every week so no excuse.

Southcoastffc

Leeds - always the most enthusiastic boring fans.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

perry geyton

Quote from: Statto on September 21, 2021, 09:37:52 PM

Surely every Fulham fan should know by now the words are "this is" a library, not "is this" a library. We hear it every week so no excuse.
Ok smart arse
Mr know it all has spoken

Matt10

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 21, 2021, 08:51:03 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on September 21, 2021, 08:38:55 PM
Its worse on TV as the singing is at the back of the Hammersmith end mainly. Trust me, they will be making noise up there. Its just not as big a deal as it is for the Leeds fans, for reasons explained. Our away support is really good. Away support is traditionally far better than home support

Thanks, yeah I've always thought the away support is brilliant. Home support, in terms of what I can hear on streams, just doesn't ever seem loud - or any type of chanting going on. Maybe it's the audio balance of the presentation, but I was genuinely curious.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on September 21, 2021, 09:37:52 PM

Not at all. Our supporters and especially the Hammy End make some decent noise. Not the very loudest, I'd agree, but as good as the home support at plenty of away games I've been to over the years.

RaySmith

I did hear some Fulham chanting when we were attacking, and the Leeds fans had gone a bit quiet, in the second half, but, yes, it's true that Fulham fans are comparatively pretty quiet, and two, away fans are the most committed fans - look at the noise made by Fulham fans at Birmingham the other week, you couldn't hear the home fans.

Also Leeds have a lot of fans in London - people who are working or studying down here , and long term exiles, a lot of fans.
Not really like the Man U and L'pool  London fans, who've never  even been to these cities, for Leeds aren't in the glamour league of these clubs.

Though, I'm sure Leeds do attract a few  random fans, with their Prem status, and manager, and their history - though how many  remember that now?

Jim©

Quote from: perry geyton on September 21, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
Quote from: Terry Towling on September 21, 2021, 08:44:11 PM
Hammy is half empty, not a murmur coming from the Fulham support

Cracking game tho, really enjoying it and wish I was there

Our support is a joke tho

Are you on a wind up?

_Putney_

Leeds fans were always going to be louder