watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham support

Started by perry geyton, September 21, 2021, 08:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southwest6

Our home support is up there with one of the quietest. I'd say Reading have worse home support, though. Probably Millwall too unless it's a big game with all the billy big bollocks turning up. I sat in the Putney end for the Reading game; first time I had done so in many years. Could hardly hear a peep from the fulham fans all game.

Our away support, however, is underrated imo. We have never really traveled well, but when we do, we tend to make some good noise.

mrmicawbers

We can make the place bounce on occasions,Hamburg,Juve and Derby play-off for example.Mind you we did have lots of vocal fans in the Putney End on those occasions.The new stand when the corners get filled may help the acoustics in the Hammersmith End.
Maybe it's time to make the Putney End the home end and put the away fans in the Hammersmith End in the blocks near Stevenage Road where the big gap is.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on September 21, 2021, 10:54:09 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 21, 2021, 10:14:06 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 21, 2021, 09:37:52 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on September 21, 2021, 08:29:51 PM
Leeds support "is this a library" over & over

Surely every Fulham fan should know by now the words are "this is" a library, not "is this" a library. We hear it every week so no excuse.

Not at all. Our supporters and especially the Hammy End make some decent noise. Not the very loudest, I'd agree, but as good as the home support at plenty of away games I've been to over the years.
Pretty sure it's been sung at every home game this season (speaking from experience as an attendee at most of them)

Well I had to miss the Reading game but we were singing it to the away supporters against Stoke.

MartyFFC

To be fair most atmospheres are generally low key in league cup games

Fulham76

blingo

Is the lack of noise the reason MAF brought in clappers? I've sat all over the ground and I can only remember proper noise when I was a kid. As the years have passed we have less vocal support? Is that down to having better educated and respectful supporters now? lol.

70sPimlico

Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 22, 2021, 09:24:01 AM
We can make the place bounce on occasions,Hamburg,Juve and Derby play-off for example.Mind you we did have lots of vocal fans in the Putney End on those occasions.The new stand when the corners get filled may help the acoustics in the Hammersmith End.
Maybe it's time to make the Putney End the home end and put the away fans in the Hammersmith End in the blocks near Stevenage Road where the big gap is.

Absolutely. Always thought the singers should set themselves up for one season in the Putney end right by the Cottage.

Its a win win. It would end the reputation of being quiet straight away and I think they'd enjoy it far more than stuck at the back of H5 and the view is far better

It would then encourage singing from all the other parts as well. The JH stand is ready to rock...it just needs some encouragement

blingo

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 22, 2021, 10:01:42 AM

Absolutely. Always thought the singers should set themselves up for one season in the Putney end right by the Cottage.

Its a win win. It would end the reputation of being quiet straight away and I think they'd enjoy it far more than stuck at the back of H5 and the view is far better

It would then encourage singing from all the other parts as well. The JH stand is ready to rock...it just needs some encouragement

Thats like asking Man u fans to move from the Stretford end. UNTHINKABLE Mr 70's

Jim©

Someone mentioned those Europa games- against Hamburg and Juve (bar first ten mins) I don't think i've ever been in as noisy an atmosphere as those two games- including England matches, hundreds of aways and overseas games.
The new, sanitised, sit down formula of watching football doesn't exactly lend itself to noise or pockets of noise as well as terraces used to.

South Coast White

Dempsey's goal against Juve and Gera v Hamburg are without dought the best noise I've ever experienced at any football match in living memory. THE STUFF OF DREAMS.

70sPimlico

Quote from: blingo on September 22, 2021, 10:22:14 AM
Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 22, 2021, 10:01:42 AM

Thats like asking Man u fans to move from the Stretford end. UNTHINKABLE Mr 70's

Sitting miles back against galvanised steel sheeting where hardly anyone can hear you and you can hardly see the other goal, or standing proudly by our iconic cottage cheering the boys as they enter the pitch so they know we're behind them, creating huge noise heard by all parts of the ground that motivates all over parts to join in.

As I understand it, it used to be the home end back in the day. Mind you, I think both ends were home ends at one point as you just used to change at half time

MartyFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on September 22, 2021, 09:59:59 AM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 22, 2021, 09:15:51 AM
Anyone got an idea on the attendance last night?

That's less than both QPR and Brentford. If you take into account the huge Leeds following, it was a pretty poor turnout really

Woolly Mammoth

I cannot see it ever changing unfortunately, unless we rent a mob of a couple thousand very passionate singers with very loud voices.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on September 22, 2021, 10:01:25 AM
Is the lack of noise the reason MAF brought in clappers? I've sat all over the ground and I can only remember proper noise when I was a kid. As the years have passed we have less vocal support? Is that down to having better educated and respectful supporters now? lol.

Not sure they are better educated because if they were they would remember how to sing as it should be mandatory. Then again it has to come from within. Unfortunately we are never going to match the likes of Leeds, Palace for instance but we should do better at home.
Clearly the desire and appetite to sing your heart out for many is no longer there at home games, but I don't think it ever was compared to other clubs, although my memory tells me we were certainly louder than we are now.
So perhaps we come across as being a little aloof and stuck up.
Because what other reason is there for the lack of real vocal support at home games.
For me the positive is that there is a charm about Craven Cottage and our support that run in conjunction with each other, almost like cartoon land, cute and harmless in some ways, and to a certain extent it can calm hostility from brainless visiting supporters.
Whereas like many clubs away we are a completely different animal, far more battle hardened and passionate with a desire to make ourselves heard.
Reading at home are pussycats compared to ourselves so we cannot beat ourselves up about it.
It is what it is, and nevertheless the sight of Chelsea Rangers and Brentford fans at our ground will automatically raise the atmosphere to more volume and hostility to these rivals.
However, last night was a little embarrassing with hardly a murmur excluding the supporters who do their best to drum up some singing but a lot of our support are sleep walking in a comma for some odd reason and can't really be asked and that really should change if it were  possible.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jim©

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2021, 12:53:24 PM
a lot of our support are sleep walking in a comma for some odd reason

It is odd, i hope they don't bump their heads on the apostrophe or touch the colon.

Bill2

Have to say was disappointed with the attendance yesterday, loads of empty seats in Hammy End which is the noisiest of the ground so no surprise it felt quiet.
I always find away supporters are loudest, when I have been away we seem to make far more noise than some home fans so no surprise that with the entire Putney end filled they sounded loud. Had the ground been full it would have been very different.

Bill2

Quote from: South Coast White on September 22, 2021, 11:07:57 AM
Dempsey's goal against Juve and Gera v Hamburg are without dought the best noise I've ever experienced at any football match in living memory. THE STUFF OF DREAMS.
When we beat Chelsea some years ago the noise was deafening and the atmosphere was electric.

perry geyton

Quote from: Jim© on September 22, 2021, 12:02:37 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on September 21, 2021, 11:38:17 PM
Quote from: Jim© on September 21, 2021, 10:43:59 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on September 21, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
Quote from: Terry Towling on September 21, 2021, 08:44:11 PM
I used to a loud Hammersmith end but on TV it sounded like we were ilent - acoustics are awful.
Hammy is half empty, not a murmur coming from the Fulham support

Cracking game tho, really enjoying it and wish I was there

Our support is a joke tho

Are you on a wind up?
Always

Thought so, I mean, no one could be so stupid to slag off the support at the ground and then say "wish I was there"!
I'm in Hollywood you think I'm gonna fly home for a carabou cup tie

If I lived there I'd of been there

perry geyton

Quote from: Dodger53 on September 22, 2021, 12:52:37 AM
For a packed out Putney end I thought they were mostly quiet, also enjoyed the hammy end noise and support. Don't believe everything you hear on TV.
They sang for the whole 90
So that was overdubbed then your telling me ?

RaySmith

Fans today seem  often more like detached  consumers, than the passionate fans of old who supported their club through thick and thin,, which I think reflects the way that football has changed since the advent of Sky money and the Prem, and co-current changes in society too.

Some of the things i read on here amaze me.