more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silva is the current worst member of the squad

Started by ALG01, December 20, 2021, 10:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

This much is obvious.
We have one way of playing and no matter what we stick to it.
Other teams have rumbled it and found a way to stop us.
We've seen that in each of the last 5, or more games.
He needs to wake up and be a bit more flexible in approach. Plus in january we need a quality central midfielder with a bit of physical size and prescence.

It doesn't help that wilson, tete, kebano and seri all decided to have stinkers, robinson not far behind. And tosin is a very poor defender, the goal and other chances clearly down to his vey poor play. In fact i said when hector was dropped silva had made a massive management error and so, in my opinion, it has undoubtedly proved. Silva has untouchable favourites, and it is hurting us. Third rate management.

Finally we used to move the ball quicker and try to hit the early run or use the overlap. Now the players are hanging on to it like school kids.
This is also the manager's fault for not reading them the riot act.

Despite that i like silva, but will soon change my mind if he continues to sleepwalk.

jarv

I said as much in the match thread at half time. Other teams have figured out Fulham.

bahay18

under parker you had to press high up the pitch , under silva you park the bus and we have no ideas

FFCBadger

I was with up until you started slating Tosin?
Fact is we had a great start, we've now been sussed and need to rotate with our amazing squad and starting winning by a goal or two

Milo

Not going to allow posts that offer no debate and simply denounce the OP. I've removed these posts. Threads are there to be debated.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFCBadger on December 20, 2021, 10:20:46 PM
I was with up until you started slating Tosin?
Fact is we had a great start, we've now been sussed and need to rotate with our amazing squad and starting winning by a goal or two

That's easier said than done I'm afraid.

Twig

Well we did switch to a different set up when Robinson came off so it's wrong to say we only have one way.  It was too slow tonight but Silva has also presided over some thrilling football so it seems unreasonable to suggest he's the culprit. Robinson was far, far worse than the others you mention so I don't agree with your assessment of our Wworst performer" pecking order.  I cannot agree that Tosin was the only one to blame for the goal, Seri should clearly have got a strong challenge in. I've never seen evidence of "untouchables" either, Silva certainly gives his selections a fair crack but he's not afraid to change, witness Rodak replacing Gazza.

ALG01

Quote from: Twig on December 20, 2021, 10:24:21 PM
Well we did switch to a different set up when Robinson came off so it's wrong to say we only have one way.  It was too slow tonight but Silva has also presided over some thrilling football so it seems unreasonable to suggest he's the culprit. Robinson was far, far worse than the others you mention so I don't agree with your assessment of our Wworst performer" pecking order.  I cannot agree that Tosin was the only one to blame for the goal, Seri should clearly have got a strong challenge in. I've never seen evidence of "untouchables" either, Silva certainly gives his selections a fair crack but he's not afraid to change, witness Rodak replacing Gazza.

untouchable are tosin and wilson.

regarding changing with 20 minutes to go I accept that did happen and we nearly performed a bit better as a result but I was talking about the generality. we have been sussed and we need to be able to be way more flexible.
The manager is the culprrit for a while because he has not adapted and when he brought tosin straight back he displayed a massive error of judgment in how to manage people, meaning the whole squad. they will see Hector did Ok we were winning and suddenly is straight out of contention. well when he is needed next he will be hardly motivated and theothers will see that too.

Tom needed to play more central tonight and way deeper. silva left him far too advanced and as a result had minimal impact and looked dispirited as the players failed to use him. this is the manager's fault because it has been happening way too often.

when we lost to coventry he seemed to wake up, i hope this is the required kick up the rear end.

Denver Fulham

Robinson and Tete had absolute shockers when we were in possession. But the bigger issue is it looked like Parkerball. Wingers isolated against two defenders, no movement at all, useless possession and then wasteful when we created one big chance. I'm really surprised Bryan wasn't brought on for Antonee to provide early service from the left.

Arthur

Quote from: ALG01 on December 20, 2021, 10:30:24 PM

Why not Mitrovic, Ream, Kebano or Reed? All have been selected every game they've been fit for weeks and weeks.

Milo

Final reminder tonight to debate topics and not to target each other, otherwise yellow cards will have to be issued.

blingo

If Silva is the worst member of our squad and we are top of the championship, I look forward to another half a season of it continuing in the same vein

ALG01

Quote from: Arthur on December 20, 2021, 11:06:54 PM

Why not Mitrovic, Ream, Kebano or Reed? All have been selected every game they've been fit for weeks and weeks.

because by and large they have been our better perfomers week in week out. but if they have a run of poor form, give somebody else a chance, nobody should ever be untouchable.

ALG01

Quote from: Milo on December 20, 2021, 10:22:41 PM
Not going to allow posts that offer no debate and simply denounce the OP. I've removed these posts. Threads are there to be debated.

I never saw those responses but can guess the style of nonsense that sometimes happens and I thank you for stepping in.

Arthur

Quote from: ALG01 on December 20, 2021, 11:09:54 PM

because by and large they have been our better perfomers week in week out. but if they have a run of poor form, give somebody else a chance, nobody should ever be untouchable.

But it's a matter of opinion who has performed well and who hasn't in our winless streak. You think it's Tosin and Wilson. I would add several others - including Mitrovic, who, in my opinion, has spent far too much time arguing with the referee to the detriment of his focusing on getting into goalscoring positions.

So what you appear to be saying is that when Silva brings a player you like back into the side, that's okay, but when he restores someone you don't fancy to the starting XI, that's bad man-management.

Might there be a weakness somewhere in your argument, I wonder?

ALG01

Quote from: Arthur on December 21, 2021, 11:28:28 AM

But it's a matter of opinion who has performed well and who hasn't in our winless streak. You think it's Tosin and Wilson. I would add several others - including Mitrovic, who, in my opinion, has spent far too much time arguing with the referee to the detriment of his focusing on getting into goalscoring positions.

So what you appear to be saying is that when Silva brings a player you like back into the side, that's okay, but when he restores someone you don't fancy to the starting XI, that's bad man-management.

Of course performance is a matter of opinion and I absolutely did not say if he brings back a player I like that is OK. In fact it is the absolutel opposite of what i have said. In fact tosin is a case in point. I like him, he is better than hector and would notmally start first BUT hector was in the team because tosin was sent off, he took his chance and the team was playing well and winning, hector was IMO doing OK, well enough not to merit being dropped at that point..and in that case Tosin just had to wait for his chance to get back in the side.

I agree with you, i think Mitro had been way off his best for a few games and probaly could have done with a proverbial 'rest' on the bench to remind him he is not untouchable.

There is no weakness or inconsistency in my argument. What silva did was poor man mangement because he told the support players they are just that and no matter how good they may perform it will never be good enough and they will never have a chance of a proper run in the team. And our drop in form was coincident with tosin's return. Now I know illness was the given reason for poor form at first but poor management does not help inspire the troops.

I like silva in general but I have never had the feeling our team were or are as good as they hype and neither is he. when we had toigs/keegan/adams, in their respective divisions I had no doubt we would walk to promotion and we would show our class throughout. I do not have that feeling this time. These ;ast few games have shown he is not IMO flexible enough in his approach.

Last night was a bad example of his approach. He should modify knowing a team like them would close the spaces and hit us on the break, all i saw was an  unchanging approach when faced with a new obstacle. A bit more flexible would be an advantage if we are too properly succeed. 

grandad

You can lead a horse to water but you can´t make it drink. Silva can coach his players 24/7 but it is entirely up to the players to perform. They are the ones on the pitch. Something has happened to them since the Norovirus outbreak following on from when a number of them became Covid infected. Maybe they are having long term fitness & stamina problems. One example is Kebano. He was virtually unplayable, now he is not playable.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: ALG01 on December 21, 2021, 12:29:35 PM

Of course performance is a matter of opinion and I absolutely did not say if he brings back a player I like that is OK. In fact it is the absolutel opposite of what i have said. In fact tosin is a case in point. I like him, he is better than hector and would notmally start first BUT hector was in the team because tosin was sent off, he took his chance and the team was playing well and winning, hector was IMO doing OK, well enough not to merit being dropped at that point..and in that case Tosin just had to wait for his chance to get back in the side.

I agree with you, i think Mitro had been way off his best for a few games and probaly could have done with a proverbial 'rest' on the bench to remind him he is not untouchable.

There is no weakness or inconsistency in my argument. What silva did was poor man mangement because he told the support players they are just that and no matter how good they may perform it will never be good enough and they will never have a chance of a proper run in the team. And our drop in form was coincident with tosin's return. Now I know illness was the given reason for poor form at first but poor management does not help inspire the troops.

I like silva in general but I have never had the feeling our team were or are as good as they hype and neither is he. when we had toigs/keegan/adams, in their respective divisions I had no doubt we would walk to promotion and we would show our class throughout. I do not have that feeling this time. These ;ast few games have shown he is not IMO flexible enough in his approach.

Last night was a bad example of his approach. He should modify knowing a team like them would close the spaces and hit us on the break, all i saw was an  unchanging approach when faced with a new obstacle. A bit more flexible would be an advantage if we are too properly succeed.

Welcome to being a supporter of a club in the Championship, with Championship players and a Championship manager. Believe that hype!

That said the Championship quality Fulham supporters can rejoice in their Championship club being in first place at the moment. Happy, happy Christmas to all you over hyped Championship quality people!

filham

Agree with the OP but am putting the whole blame on Silva. Teams are employing tactics that are stopping us creating chances and scoring goals but Silva is not responding with changes to our methods. Our players continue to hit their heads against  brick walls.

ALG01

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on December 21, 2021, 12:58:25 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on December 21, 2021, 12:29:35 PM

Welcome to being a supporter of a club in the Championship, with Championship players and a Championship manager. Believe that hype!

That said the Championship quality Fulham supporters can rejoice in their Championship club being in first place at the moment. Happy, happy Christmas to all you over hyped Championship quality people!

It's christmas the season of goodwill so I will take this as an amusing post rather than tempting me to retort.
However, i keep reading how good we are but whilst i love the attacking football I think we are less than the championship side we had with tigana, or, I have to say slav whi IMO was a supperior manager but with way less management support. That is my opinion. And by the way when we were in the lowest division and we were 2ish thousand in the ground, I coped. This is way better than that but I think we are yet to be as good as we can be and I am happy at being forst but not at taking 4 points from 5 games.

merry Christmas to you