News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Translation? Silva not happy with transfer activity. (Merged)

Started by Enfield, July 24, 2022, 07:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: rebel on July 26, 2022, 02:54:32 PM
Quote from: filham on July 26, 2022, 02:47:25 PM
Nothing new or surprising in that report, did anyone expect Silva to say we are ahead of schedule with our signings.

Silva had expectations, those expectations hasn't been met. Silva gets it, Khan Jr & Co don't get it.
Preparation is everything.
In the real world it ain't quite that simple Rebel with the slimy agents that are in control of the market

Woolly Mammoth

The next ten days is crucial if we are to have a fighting chance of a result against Liverpool.
I expect and want Fulham to give them the fright of their lives.
To be capable of doing that Silva needs reinforcements asap, especially in key positions, and it's the club's responsibility to back him and support him, as a manager can only be as good as the players he has under his command.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2022, 03:37:39 PM
The next ten days is crucial if we are to have a fighting chance of a result against Liverpool.
To be capable of doing that Silva needs reinforcements asap, especially in key positions, and it's the club's responsibility to back him and support him, as a manager can only be as good as the players he has under his command.
Arsenal should be giving us Leno. Theyll want us to get a result against Liverpool as much as anyone.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 26, 2022, 03:42:35 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2022, 03:37:39 PM
Arsenal should be giving us Leno. Theyll want us to get a result against Liverpool as much as anyone.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Yes a very good point you make.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

Why doesn't everyone on this board who have been so satisfied with the squad development so far - just tell MS not to worry,  it will all be OK in the end

That Marco - what a doom monger - doesn't know anything about football

ianthailand

Quote from: rebel on July 26, 2022, 02:54:32 PM
Quote from: filham on July 26, 2022, 02:47:25 PM
Nothing new or surprising in that report, did anyone expect Silva to say we are ahead of schedule with our signings.

Silva had expectations, those expectations hasn't been met. Silva gets it, Khan Jr & Co don't get it.
Preparation is everything.
This forum has been telling the recruitment team since the Khan's took over. When you're 3rd in line after men in tights and forward rugby in motorcycle gear what do you expect.

Nero

Quote from: Baszab on July 26, 2022, 03:50:45 PM
Why doesn't everyone on this board who have been so satisfied with the squad development so far - just tell MS not to worry,  it will all be OK in the end

I mean if you read the article it say he understands the difficulty in getting player in, he is manically depressed about like some on this board he understand the process, Tuchel was moaning a lot more the other day about the state of transfer

Sting of the North

It's a difference between being satisfied and acknowledging the difficulties (something Silva also does, according to the interview). Silva's quotes sounded nothing like doom mongering. In the real world things are not binary.

mrmicawbers

We are going after Silvas choices,we can't make them sign.I suppose if money didn't matter they might have signed earlier.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 26, 2022, 04:02:18 PM

It's a difference between being satisfied and acknowledging the difficulties (something Silva also does, according to the interview). Silva's quotes sounded nothing like doom mongering. In the real world things are not binary.

Posters like you aside, I often find the responses quite binary in these regards. Point out its a concern, get told its hard so don't complain though. As I'm sure you know, stating this isn;t good enough whilst acknowledging it is hard, its more nuanced and an argument certainly made by myself but certain posters (bestofbrede for instance) just claim all we do is moan etc. Makes for a pretty toxic board if you even state the obvious without others saying be quiet. (I appreciate theres certainly a vice versa scenario here of over criticism and attempts to silence optimism though).

ALG01

if you read the thread headed translation.... I mention the marco interview and whilst he is very cautious in the way he talks, it is clear that he is mighty unhappy. You genuinely have to be on another planet not to realise he is very upset at the lack of progress. he is not slav so does not rant but he is unhappy because with two weeks to the start, (less now), we are miles away from having a fullsquad.

And for those that tell us why waiting is such a brilliant idea, he explains why it is not. Marco says what I the majority of real, honest and independent supporters have been saying. And seeing as most of think marco is a brilliant manager, then listen to what he is actually saying and work out where the problem lies.

70sPimlico

Quote from: ALG01 on July 26, 2022, 04:29:46 PM
if you read the thread headed translation.... I mention the marco interview and whilst he is very cautious in the way he talks, it is clear that he is mighty unhappy. You genuinely have to be on another planet not to realise he is very upset at the lack of progress. he is not slav so does not rant but he is unhappy because with two weeks to the start, (less now), we are miles away from having a fullsquad.

And for those that tell us why waiting is such a brilliant idea, he explains why it is not. Marco says what I the majority of real, honest and independent supporters have been saying. And seeing as most of think marco is a brilliant manager, then listen to what he is actually saying and work out where the problem lies.
You tell us on pretty much every post. Relax. We know exactly what you think.

Lighthouse

Oh good yet another thread about .....

You are so boring, nobody cares what you think. Fulham are making the same mistakes and will be relegated.

Yes but you have said that every time and....

You are so boring. Nobody cares. Fear is the key. Let's just worry.

THOUGHT I WOULD JUST GET MY BIT OVER AND DONE WITH.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ALG01

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 26, 2022, 02:06:20 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on July 26, 2022, 12:49:04 PM
Quote from: Kingjay81 on July 26, 2022, 12:30:12 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on July 26, 2022, 12:17:04 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 25, 2022, 11:54:51 PM
Did he say that though, or did you just make that up?

Would be great if you could clarify.

If you watch
https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/july/25/marcos-estoril-reaction/
at 2.39, 2.49, 3.27, and 3.40
he says we should have had more players by now and we need more players and we are not yet ready for the prem because  that starts in two weeks

I think it was all pretty clear and explicit

he is not slav, so didn't rant, but without any doubt he is sending a message that this is not good enough and clearly not what he expected. Not ready for the prem due to lack of players.... no more than I have been saying for weeks, so if the manager and me agree then I am not sure why anyone argues, unless of course they do not think the manager knows what he is talking about.

Hope this helps

What you've omitted to mention is that Marco clearly stated that he understands the difficulties in the transfer market. Something many of our supporters do not care to consider themselves.

57 posts but it reads like the handful of usual suspects!

You're kidding surely?
I said he doesn't speak like slav and is obviously being cautious and guarded in his use of words.
What he is saying is clear if you choose to ignore it then i don't  know how to explain the blindingly obvious.

Sometimes your lack of respect for the opinion of others surprises me, given how often you complain about other posters not respecting your posts.

Point taken regarding my tone in responding.

But regarding lack of respect for others 'reasoned opinions' is wrong. If you have a different opinion and are willing to argue the point. I love a good and robust debate. My issue is that many people do not offer opinions, they just compain about mine, tell me I moan to much and am too negative and even on occasions tell me to support another team! and any/all that is what sets me off. 60+ years a season ticket holder means I feel itdeeply when things are wrong.

This post was barely doing anything but having a go. read the second sentence. he is suggesting that after all these years we, not me, we, or if you prefer to be pedantic, many of us do not understand things are not starightforward in conducting transfers. Really, after all these years we don't consider that. Maybe i am to touchy but I am sorry for being less than polite.

So once again point taken, I will try to do better 082.gif

rebel

Why does it matter? The things that Marco would try out in pre season, he has to try out at the start of the season, so depending on how it goes, we might lose confidence. One thing the Premiership requires is confidence.

But really pleased Marco has said this, but there are two ways of reading what he has said.

ALG01

Quote from: Enfield on July 26, 2022, 02:31:53 PM
I'm sorry that my question maybe was not clear enough. I was referring to the interview given to Portuguese TV after the game. I was hopping that someone who speaks the language could provide the gist of what was said.
If I wanted to know the content of a interview in English I probably could have looked at that myself!

It was a simple question, but if some people have an agenda I guess there's no stopping them from repeating the endless rubbish on this platform.

Whoops! I thought there was a deeper meaning and you wanted to start a dialogue on the subject.
Nonetheless it stopped me starting another thread  082.gif

hovewhite

If that's his comments then hope he's conveyed them to shad Khan as back up starts with him

Enfield

Thanks Nero, this appears to be the content of a Newspaper report, I was asking about a TV interview

Twig

Quote from: 70sPimlico on July 26, 2022, 04:40:24 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on July 26, 2022, 04:29:46 PM

You tell us on pretty much every post. Relax. We know exactly what you think.

Algo isn't stating what he thinks, he provided a pretty accurate interpretation of Silva's interview then has had to defend himself from those who don't like it. Silva's concerns may echo Algo's but in this instance it's Silva's comments Algo has relayed. People shouldn't't shoot the messenger.