News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Translation? Silva not happy with transfer activity. (Merged)

Started by Enfield, July 24, 2022, 07:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enfield

Anyone able to translate what Marco said in his interview after the game?

ALG01

Yes, i think i can.

He more or less said what all independent honest fulham supporters are saying
1. We should have had more players by now
2. Its 15 days to a new season and we desparately need new players that should have been here by now
3. We need more players soon.

That s whst he said, and that is what i have been saying for ages so obviously the manager and me share the same outlook. Funny that.

Otherwise he said it was a good camp but a bit of a shame we don't have a full squad.

He said all those things.

Somerset Fulham

Did he say that though, or did you just make that up?

Would be great if you could clarify.

ALG01

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 25, 2022, 11:54:51 PM

If you watch
https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/july/25/marcos-estoril-reaction/
at 2.39, 2.49, 3.27, and 3.40
he says we should have had more players by now and we need more players and we are not yet ready for the prem because  that starts in two weeks

I think it was all pretty clear and explicit

he is not slav, so didn't rant, but without any doubt he is sending a message that this is not good enough and clearly not what he expected. Not ready for the prem due to lack of players.... no more than I have been saying for weeks, so if the manager and me agree then I am not sure why anyone argues, unless of course they do not think the manager knows what he is talking about.

Hope this helps

Marcel_Gecov

He did reflect that it was due to market condition which you didn't mention.

Kingjay81

Quote from: ALG01 on July 26, 2022, 12:17:04 PM

If you watch
he says we should have had more players by now and we need more players and we are not yet ready for the prem because  that starts in two weeks

he is not slav, so didn't rant, but without any doubt he is sending a message that this is not good enough and clearly not what he expected. Not ready for the prem due to lack of players.... no more than I have been saying for weeks, so if the manager and me agree then I am not sure why anyone argues, unless of course they do not think the manager knows what he is talking about.

Hope this helps

What you've omitted to mention is that Marco clearly stated that he understands the difficulties in the transfer market. Something many of our supporters do not care to consider themselves.

FFC1987

Quote from: Kingjay81 on July 26, 2022, 12:30:12 PM

If you watch

Hope this helps

What you've emitted to mention is that Marco clearly stated that he understands the difficulties in the transfer market. Something many of our supporters do not care to consider themselves.

No, some of us do, but the people who work around this get paid vast sums to do so. if they aren't managing to do so, then it should be looked at. It's not ideal, but not really a complete failure yet.

ALG01

If you watch

Hope this helps

What you've omitted to mention is that Marco clearly stated that he understands the difficulties in the transfer market. Something many of our supporters do not care to consider themselves.

57 posts but it reads like the handful of usual suspects!

You're kidding surely?
I said he doesn't speak like slav and is obviously being cautious and guarded in his use of words.
What he is saying is clear if you choose to ignore it then i don't  know how to explain the blindingly obvious.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ALG01 on July 26, 2022, 12:49:04 PM

If you watch

Hope this helps

57 posts but it reads like the handful of usual suspects!

You're kidding surely?
I said he doesn't speak like slav and is obviously being cautious and guarded in his use of words.
What he is saying is clear if you choose to ignore it then i don't  know how to explain the blindingly obvious.

Sometimes your lack of respect for the opinion of others surprises me, given how often you complain about other posters not respecting your posts.

Bal_13

Two things jump out from reading that:

1) at least he still sounds in a positive mindset, highlighting the value of pre-season and that it's been mostly positive. Pretty uncontroversial to say our squad is thin right now.
2) seems like the expectation is still for quite a few more bodies in, which makes sense in regards to us negotiating fees so hard with e.g. Arsenal for Leno. Sounds like we're gonna need our budget to stretch as far as possible

Enfield

I'm sorry that my question maybe was not clear enough. I was referring to the interview given to Portuguese TV after the game. I was hopping that someone who speaks the language could provide the gist of what was said.
If I wanted to know the content of a interview in English I probably could have looked at that myself!

It was a simple question, but if some people have an agenda I guess there's no stopping them from repeating the endless rubbish on this platform.

Nero

Quote from: Enfield on July 26, 2022, 02:31:53 PM
I'm sorry that my question maybe was not clear enough. I was referring to the interview given to Portuguese TV after the game. I was hopping that someone who speaks the language could provide the gist of what was said.
If I wanted to know the content of a interview in English I probably could have looked at that myself!

It was a simple question, but if some people have an agenda I guess there's no stopping them from repeating the endless rubbish on this platform.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/need-act-faster-marco-silva-urges-fulham-sign-players-quickly/

filham

Nothing new or surprising in that report, did anyone expect Silva to say we are ahead of schedule with our signings.

rebel

Quote from: filham on July 26, 2022, 02:47:25 PM
Nothing new or surprising in that report, did anyone expect Silva to say we are ahead of schedule with our signings.

Silva had expectations, those expectations hasn't been met. Silva gets it, Khan Jr & Co don't get it.
Preparation is everything.

hovewhite

Like the view on here C.B 2 of would be major stepforward ,get them in then a keeper,and a back up striker.

Blawarmy

Glad at least he feels like most of us.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

General

Says he thinks he has a squad of 16/17. Which if you have two players in each position which is healthy you'd be looking at 5 to 6 new players. 25 squad members which us common would see us need to get another 8 or 9 players.

rebel

Quote from: General on July 26, 2022, 03:12:29 PM
Says he thinks he has a squad of 16/17. Which if you have two players in each position which is healthy you'd be looking at 5 to 6 new players. 25 squad members which us common would see us need to get another 8 or 9 players.

8 / 9 in is about right, he's got some training by themselves, they might be leaving the club. 

perry geyton

Quote from: filham on July 26, 2022, 02:47:25 PM
Exactly