News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Translation? Silva not happy with transfer activity. (Merged)

Started by Enfield, July 24, 2022, 07:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Quote from: Twig on July 26, 2022, 07:57:58 PM
Quote from: 70sPimlico on July 26, 2022, 04:40:24 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on July 26, 2022, 04:29:46 PM
if you read the thread headed translation.... I mention the marco interview and whilst he is very cautious in the way he talks, it is clear that he is mighty unhappy. You genuinely have to be on another planet not to realise he is very upset at the lack of progress. he is not slav so does not rant but he is unhappy because with two weeks to the start, (less now), we are miles away from having a fullsquad.

And for those that tell us why waiting is such a brilliant idea, he explains why it is not. Marco says what I the majority of real, honest and independent supporters have been saying. And seeing as most of think marco is a brilliant manager, then listen to what he is actually saying and work out where the problem lies.
You tell us on pretty much every post. Relax. We know exactly what you think.

Algo isn't stating what he thinks, he provided a pretty accurate interpretation of Silva's interview then has had to defend himself from those who don't like it. Silva's concerns may echo Algo's but in this instance it's Silva's comments Algo has relayed. People shouldn't't shoot the messenger.

Thank you for your comments.

I have been told off above for being disrespectful.... and i probably went a bit too far with a 'new' poster sounding like one of the olde worlde posters. But Pimlico is a long time critic of mine that actually nerver says anything to move a discussion along.., he just uses a low level surly style to try and upset me.... but that is because he doesn't have anything to say himself.

As long as the manager and i have a similar outlook then i am happy enough.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: rebel on July 26, 2022, 03:27:38 PM
Quote from: General on July 26, 2022, 03:12:29 PM
Says he thinks he has a squad of 16/17. Which if you have two players in each position which is healthy you'd be looking at 5 to 6 new players. 25 squad members which us common would see us need to get another 8 or 9 players.

8 / 9 in is about right, he's got some training by themselves, they might be leaving the club.

We have already spent £43 million this window with Paulinho, Periera and Wilson, then probably another £7m to lock in Solomon long-term; leaving about another £40m-£50m for eight players (ie £5m per player).

With £5-6m per player, if we pay the asking price for players, then we won't be getting much. We could buy MLM for £5m, but I'd prefer to play short the first five games than play MLM and hope to get a another Tosin for £5m.

We Are Premier League

Leno, Diop and Mbabu in the next week would cover the most gaping holes. We can then take our time and buy/borrow a CB, LB, Mid and Forward later in the window.

All of the top 8 clubs will be letting decent squad players go as their own squads start to come together.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: We Are Premier League on July 27, 2022, 01:48:09 AM
Leno, Diop and Mbabu in the next week would cover the most gaping holes. We can then take our time and buy/borrow a CB, LB, Mid and Forward later in the window.

All of the top 8 clubs will be letting decent squad players go as their own squads start to come together.

When the big clubs starting letting go of quality players, we will probably have already spent all our money with Bournemouth picking up Chelsea's sixth centre back because we impatiently bought West Hams fifth centre back for double the price three weeks earlier. Chelsea's and Man Cities leftovers are more interesting to me than expensive players that West Ham doesn't want.

My Prediction is FFC with Diop gets relegated and next season Bournmouth have the better centre back partnership in the Championship and they would be better defensively prepared if we get promoted again.

For me buying Diop now at £17m is not a great solution for our long-term issues, there is a reason he is West Hams fifth centre back and that is he cannot keep clean sheets. Diop doesn't keep us up and is an expensive option if we go down. I am happy to get a young quality centre back on a five year deal cheap (around £12m) last day of the window. Such a player probably has a similar chance of keeping us up as Diop, but will help our goal of become Premier League more in the long-term.

Thinking about the squad for 2023/24 and 2024/25 is most important. We could come 17th this season, but just as likely even if we do everything right come 18th, therefore we need to think about the future. With good long term planning nothing can stop us getting automatic promotion every time we go down, and a well planned Championship season can have a premier league ready side six months before the first game.

Importantly, I don't think we currently have a premier league ready side with 2 weeks left to go, we may have already left buying players too late for this season, because buying players one season ahead of time is what successful teams must do, we need to focus on the seasons 23/24, 24/25 and 25/26.

Baszab

And there we have it from "rational fan" / ie TK PR team - we are a yoyo team after all

Bassey the warrior

Hopefully we can make a breakthrough on Leno and a cb to reassure Silva, can't blame him being frustrated.

Ultimately money talks and Forest clearly have more of it.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes an important period of 7/8 days of transfer activity coming up that could influence and shape our season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

When Marco Silva speaks it isn't just TK who is listening and that is a big, big, big difference to what went before.  He knows that and so does TK.  Words are words.  Action is what matters most.

The Old Count

I speak Portuguese and astonishingly this entire thread is based on a mistranslation and a misunderstanding of what Silva actually said and meant.
It seems a few on here are so desperate to see themselves as being 'right' that they are quite happy to tinker with the truth.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Old Count on July 27, 2022, 12:02:09 PM

I speak Portuguese and astonishingly this entire thread is based on a mistranslation and a misunderstanding of what Silva actually said and meant.
It seems a few on here are so desperate to see themselves as being 'right' that they are quite happy to tinker with the truth.

Can you translate?

Somerset Fulham

Interesting...

Woolly Mammoth

We are counting on you to translate your version of events sir.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

TheCeiling

Watching Mbabu's interview, he's mentioned that when he talked with Silva, the gaffer said he wants the team to hold the ball at least 50% of the possessions, and to be a very attacking team. Love hearing it, because I wasn't sure how much of dominant football Silva planned for us in a PL level. Considering all the signings we have made so far are ones Silva pursued, if we settling the CB and GK positions with hopefully a high quality LB, we can build here an exciting offensive minded balanced team here.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: TheCeiling on July 27, 2022, 01:01:11 PM
Watching Mbabu's interview, he's mentioned that when he talked with Silva, the gaffer said he wants the team to hold the ball at least 50% of the possessions, and to be a very attacking team. Love hearing it, because I wasn't sure how much of dominant football Silva planned for us in a PL level. Considering all the signings we have made so far are ones Silva pursued, if we settling the CB and GK positions with hopefully a high quality LB, we can build here an exciting offensive minded balanced team here.

That's ambitious, realistically we will need to manage with less of the ball and be less attacking against the good sides, counter attack will be key along with defensive solidity. I'm sure he knows this.