watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin Rumours

Started by KentFulham, October 29, 2022, 09:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentFulham

Word in the stands tonight is Tosin has refused to sign a new contract and isn't being played over it. Anyone hearing similar? Deal ends in June 2023 I think

Tabby

Think he has just been dropped due to performances. Diop has been sharper recently.

hovewhite

Who knows,think the form player in and proven by a clean sheet.

LC

According to the clubs website, we have an option to extend 1 year.

If he doesn't want to sign an extension then I would let him go in the summer. I would imagine we would get £15-20m for him.

Tosin is nothing special at this level, but he is a decent enough PL defender, so we will have to replace him. I like Rob Holding 

F(f)CUK

Heard this rumour from a good source 2 weeks ago

KentFulham

Quote from: Tabby on October 29, 2022, 09:10:39 PM
Think he has just been dropped due to performances. Diop has been sharper recently.

From what I am hearing and a fair fee more, he was dropped over this issue. Diop only form prior to this was Crawley away where he was very average

JimmyConway

Let him go his nothing special. Good centre back but will never be top class. If our aim is to stay in premiership then we need better. Man City knew when letting him leave he was not going to be the player they hoped.

Herbie

This sounds like nothing more than conjecture.  If it were true, surely the strategy would be to max the return and boost his transfer value, which is not done by him being on the bench.

To me, this is nothing more than having decent competition for every place in the starting eleven.

Threads like this only perpetuate a rumour that started from someone guessing about something they have no real insight on. 

Black, White and Fred

We didn't pay all that money for Diop to sit on the bench and Ream has been undroppable, Tosin will have to fight for a place regardless of wether he wants to renew his contract or not. Also if you were looking at going on a free you'd want to be getting minutes to advertise yourself I would think.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Thailand Mick

Unfortunately if Tosin thinks he will be dropping down the pecking order I don't think he will be keen to sign a new contract. I believe we need to buy quality over quantity this summer and cb is one of the positions that we will need to strengthen. I would definitely extend Ream's contract another year after the way he has performed this season.

Facts Not Fiction

Don't really believe this. Diop has just been better this season.

However, if it is true, we should look to sell him next summer.

He's been a great player for the club, but hasn't progressed as quickly as the club has in the last year.

Karlos

Would be a shame to lose him but at the moment he's 3rd choice so not the end of the world

toshes mate

There'll always be rumours.  But Adarabioyo has had very good treatment in his time at FFC.  Selected ahead of Ream in the Parker era he should have noted how Ream behaved as the one who missed out in partnering Andersen.  It was Tosin's chance to shine as Andersen did but he didn't really do anything special. 

Enter Marco Silva and the game changes to an emphasis on attack.  Again Adarabioyo's chance to shine with the perfect professional as his partner.  He improves in an improving side but still there's that doubt that he really wants what he clearly can have if he can lift his performances just a few notches higher.  He needs to watch the authority Diop brings to a game and know that that is what it is all about but he should know that already from his time with Andersen. 

He's a mystery to me.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Herbie on October 30, 2022, 03:53:32 AM
This sounds like nothing more than conjecture.  If it were true, surely the strategy would be to max the return and boost his transfer value, which is not done by him being on the bench.

To me, this is nothing more than having decent competition for every place in the starting eleven.

Threads like this only perpetuate a rumour that started from someone guessing about something they have no real insight on. 

I agree with this.  Whether Tosin signs an extension to his contract is unlikely to affect the Manager's decision to play him.  Sounds like a rumour and a bit of stirring to me.

The squad look happy atm, Tosin included.

Somerset Fulham

Another one who simply doesn't believe that our manager would drop a player over a contract issue.

Diop is simply the better player at the moment.

JimOG

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 30, 2022, 12:39:37 PM
Another one who simply doesn't believe that our manager would drop a player over a contract issue.

Diop is simply the better player at the moment.

+1

ffcthereligion

I want to keep him especially given that ream is 35 and Duffy is on loan and clearly not good enough to get in the team atm. But I don't think he's premier league starting quality really. We were much better at the back yesterday without him and silva is able to identify a poor performance when he sees one, hence the fact he was dropped. I think he's a bit deluded to be honest

bencher

It's a bit of a wasted opportunity for Tosin - if he had really pushed on this season he could be on the fringe of making the World Cup squad, but as it is he is only on the fringe of the Fulham team.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

We got Tosin cheap from Man City but wasn't a percentage fee agreed in the event of us selling him on?

Milo

I think Tosin won't be featuring now unless there's an injury personally.