more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we interested in the World Cup Now

Started by filham, November 21, 2022, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lester Burnham

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on December 03, 2022, 04:56:56 PM
Very disappointed with the USA today, thought they would do better.
I actually thought they did ok. Some rookie errors cost them and the Ned were clinical. A young side with talent. 4 yrs to prepare for a WC on home soil. I think they'll do ok.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: alfie on December 03, 2022, 09:38:04 PM
Quote from: filham on December 03, 2022, 09:13:56 PM
Another great game between Argentina and Australia. Hard to suggest who will now beat Argentina.
There really are some great matches in this tournament, hope England are not going to let us down tomorrow.
Great game? I turned it off at halftime, there was more sideways and back passing than Parker could have done.

Agreed - I found myself singing the "Pass it back, pass it back Scotty Parker" song!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

perry geyton

Still half watching a game here and there, BOF as far as I'm concerned
France Poland on in the background, can barely be arsed to watch it, gonna take the dog for a walk
International football has well and truly lost its magic as far as I'm concerned it saddens me to say, IMO

Roll on Dec 26th

SP

The game isn't over yet & the ground is half empty, feels like a WC without any atmosphere in the grounds.

filham

Less than 2 hours to the start of the England match that we are expected to win with a good performance and time for a goal from Harry Kane.
If we lose I suspect it will be the end of Southgate whereas a win tonight and then against France and he will stay in his job for another couple of years. Tough at the top isn't it.

SerbianLad

davew

In response to the topic title, not really! Tonight is like watching Fulham under Parker, wonder who is winning the golf?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SP

Quote from: davew on December 04, 2022, 07:29:49 PM
In response to the topic title, not really! Tonight is like watching Fulham under Parker, wonder who is winning the golf?

Seeing the pitch side adverts for Crypto has reminded me to spend huge amounts on something I don't understand & seems to be mentioned negatively in the financial pages every day.............

Surlyc

It's been like this all tournament and for most of the last 4 years, just with better players to make the moments of magic so integral to this "style" of football. Southgate's tactics make England very hard to watch.

SG

Painful isn't it

SG

davew

bill taylors apprentice

Are the England players on some kind of bonus for avoiding passing forward and playing at the slowest pace possible?

Maybe not, as they play fast and direct for the first time today and SCORE!

SP

davew

ffcthereligion

Steeeeeeeeeed

Yes,.England are winning, but it's still a generally dull match, but I find most of the games this World Cup have been like this.

Been some great drama with the surprise results, but generally dull to watch quality and excitement wise.

France have been the most impressive probably so far, but they are really dull most of the time and just wait for MBappe to do some magic. ( I think France are very very average if you take Mbappe out if the team)

Compare these games to say 1982 / 86 when teams didn't pass around at the back like they do now, when you had the ball you attacked or 2002/2006 where players like Ronaldo, Ronaldinhio and Zidane really shone ... Tiki taka has a lot to answer for (Spain World Cup 2010 was most boring WC winning team to watch ever)

SP

Very happy with the way things are going tonight but our CB pairing still worries me.

alfie

Quote from: SP on December 04, 2022, 08:25:26 PM
Very happy with the way things are going tonight but our CB pairing still worries me.
I think they have been quite solid, even the best defenders in the world have dodgy moments.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Surlyc

Senegal have clearly targeted Maguire every time he receives the ball, the French will absolutely do the same. He's the weakest link in the team. Somehow we need to manage the game so Mbappe is going against Walker instead.

Should be a good game, England/France have been the best two teams going forward.