watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we interested in the World Cup Now

Started by filham, November 21, 2022, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

At least our last World Cup representative will now be coming home hopefully fit and largely rested on the bench.

WindyCity

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on December 10, 2022, 05:16:13 PM
At least our last World Cup representative will now be coming home hopefully fit and largely rested on the bench.

Yeah, agreed.  Kind of surprised he wasn't given more playing time though.  Good for us, good for FFC.  Next order of business.......Palace.

filham

Quote from: WindyCity on December 10, 2022, 05:19:12 PM

Yeah, agreed.  Kind of surprised he wasn't given more playing time though.  Good for us, good for FFC.  Next order of business.......Palace.
Yes, no excuses for us now we should have a fully fit squad ready for the Palace match and the 3 points are there for the taking.

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on December 10, 2022, 05:25:05 PM
Yes, no excuses for us now we should have a fully fit squad ready for the Palace match and the 3 points are there for the taking.

I hope we really are 'fully fit'.  I still have my doubts regards Mitrovic.....

filham

Well we havn't seen a lot of world class ,attractive football in this W.C but the surprises and interest has been there in every round.
Come on , who would have expected Croatia and Morocco in the semi finals with Brazil, Germany, Spain, Portugal and Netherlands all out of the tournament.
England v France tonight is huge.

filham

Quote from: WindyCity on December 10, 2022, 05:26:59 PM
Quote from: filham on December 10, 2022, 05:25:05 PM

I hope we really are 'fully fit'.  I still have my doubts regards Mitrovic.....
If Mitro is not fully fit by Boxing Day then something is seriously wrong and he should be rested and have full medical treatment, nothing but a fit Mitro can be expected to perform in the premier league.

Deeping_white

In disbelief Palhinha was benched for Neves who was god awful against a more physical team

Fulham 442

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 10, 2022, 05:47:25 PM
In disbelief Palhinha was benched for Neves who was god awful against a more physical team
Good for us though! Glad to get him back uninjured and good to go!

SP

Tonight's referee would do well in the Championship.

bill taylors apprentice

For all the pressure England players deal with in the PL and European games fro their clubs there's a nativity in their play and lack of game management when in the crunch games like tonight.

Yet again we lose a game rather than the opposition win it!

filham

So England coming home , yes we fought well and  we may have a couple of grumbles with the refs decisions but really the French were the better side. The bottom line was we didn't score a goal in 100minutes in open play while the French scored two. There attack had more speed and punch than ours.

What now , Southgate to lead us into the Euros or a new manager.

Also our slow build ups had a hint of Parker Ball about the.

Mince n Tatties

The Under achievers is what we are in world football I'm afraid.
Won it once on our own patch,never abroad never won European Championship.
It's time for the press to keep quiet until we do win something....

Plodder

Quote from: filham on December 10, 2022, 09:11:37 PM
So England coming home , yes we fought well and  we may have a couple of grumbles with the refs decisions but really the French were the better side. The bottom line was we didn't score a goal in 100minutes in open play while the French scored two. There attack had more speed and punch than ours.

I don't agree with that assessment.  England were the better team in a close contest.  I agree that the French scored two quality goals, but I don't think that was about speed in attack or a quicker build up. One was a fine long range shot, the other a superb cross for Giroud.

Plodder

A really frustrating defeat. I think England and France are the two best teams in the tournament, and with Morocco missing players througb injury and suspension, I thought before the game that tonight's winners were very strong favourites to reach the final and probably win the whole thing.

Southcoastffc

A Croatia v Morocco final would be very refreshing.  Can't see it though. Instead it's likely that the media and pundits will be drooling over Messi v Mbappé.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 10, 2022, 09:54:38 PM
A Croatia v Morocco final would be very refreshing.  Can't see it though. Instead it's likely that the media and pundits will be drooling over Messi v Mbappé.

Refreshing? Croatia were also in the final in 2018 haha , would rather someone else

Lester Burnham

Quote from: Plodder on December 10, 2022, 09:36:20 PM

I don't agree with that assessment.  England were the better team in a close contest.  I agree that the French scored two quality goals, but I don't think that was about speed in attack or a quicker build up. One was a fine long range shot, the other a superb cross for Giroud.
Totally agree. I thought we had a good WC. Looking forward to Euro 2024 in Germany. Hope Southgate stays but hearing he might have had enough. Who would you replace him with? Arsene Wenger too old?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lester Burnham on December 11, 2022, 03:08:06 PM

Totally agree. I thought we had a good WC. Looking forward to Euro 2024 in Germany. Hope Southgate stays but hearing he might have had enough. Who would you replace him with? Arsene Wenger too old?

You call beating Iran,Senegal and Wales a good WC.
MK Dons would give them three a game.🙂

davew

It could have been a good World Cup for England but as usual as soon as we play a team rated higher than us, we lose! Not many chances left for people my age on here to see England win the World Cup again but at least we will remember 1966 and of course Englands right full back!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 11, 2022, 03:43:46 PM
Quote from: Lester Burnham on December 11, 2022, 03:08:06 PM

You call beating Iran,Senegal and Wales a good WC.
MK Dons would give them three a game.🙂
Well you can only play the team in front of you.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't