News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we gonna be in a relegation battle this season ?

Started by perry geyton, November 09, 2023, 08:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coast94

Unlikely but possible. We struggle to score and are prone to defensive lapses. However, we probably have more quality than most at the bottom, plus a great manager.

Bit of shame that we're having this conversation after last year, but here we are.

I Ronic

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 09, 2023, 09:44:32 PMNope.

The strength of our squad will begin to show as thinner squads tire.  This won't be a stellar season by any account, but we will be comfortable.

I've had a change of view this season. Win, lose or draw Fulham's my team and I'm not going to start ranting every time we slip up. I'd follow them whatever league they play in, why would I change the habit of a life (53 years) time!
I'd have to agree with Somerset, we have decent cover in most positions and youth appearing on the bench. I don't think Marco will change his system. So like Roy's teams everybody knows what's expected and we'll pull though. Didn't we struggle in the league during Europa? Maybe another cup final omen?

HV71

Quote from: Coast94 on November 10, 2023, 07:08:47 AMUnlikely but possible. We struggle to score and are prone to defensive lapses. However, we probably have more quality than most at the bottom, plus a great manager.

Bit of shame that we're having this conversation after last year, but here we are.

Agreed

I think we are going to be okay but we are on the cusp of falling into trouble. January is a notoriously difficult window , and given our current position some players may not want to join us. If Palhinha leaves and we get a few injuries or suspensions then we might well teeter on the abyss .
We are a decent team , with good cover ( apart from the obvious) but have lost a bit of our mojo and vitality

keithh

No relegation battle but ending up mid bottom half.

filham

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 09, 2023, 11:05:04 PM
Quote from: filham on November 09, 2023, 09:07:31 PMUnless we increase our goal scoring rate a definite yes.
I agree filham. I've suggested we play two strikers. My math 2 average strikers = 1 good striker.
[/quotePut figures in there.
2x2 goals each = 4 goals total
2x0 goals each ==0 galls
It may not work, depends on the quality of the two.

perry geyton

Quote from: St Eve on November 09, 2023, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on November 09, 2023, 09:36:20 PMNot sure we will be, but will have a more definite opinion after the January transfer window.

We need a Striker, Defensive Mid and maybe another Centre back.
Not sure we need another center back, we have Ream, Diop, Shirley, Tosin and Fig roll
Haha Shirley !!

Bassey the warrior

perry geyton

What worries me is that all the teams around us are starting to play better, forest, Everton even Luton, Liverpool we're lucky to get a point. Out of them,,

If Joa goes we are at the same level as those bottom teams and without a goal scorer

colinwhite

I think most teams are until they have 40 points.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: perry geyton on November 10, 2023, 03:11:54 PMWhat worries me is that all the teams around us are starting to play better, forest, Everton even Luton, Liverpool we're lucky to get a point. Out of them

Eh, Liverpool may have scored the tying goal very late but if anyone was lucky to get a point in that match it was Luton. If Liverpoool hadn't left their shooting boots on the bus they'd have won that match fairly comfortably. 

Nick Bateman

I saw two strikers in Europe who would be excellent additions if we could get them. One is Thijs Dallinga of Toulouse who scored against Liverpool and had 2 more disallowed. He looks a good finisher and is their top goalscorer.

The other is FC Copenhagen's Roony Bardghji ironicly named who scored against Man.United after coming on as sub after 69 mins. Roony is 17 years old, a wonderkid, is the Danish club's top scorer and looks hungry and full of beans. He is quoted as saying, "The only one who can stop me being the best player in the world is me"! Tearing him away from a Champions League may be tricky, but I believe offer Copenhagen enough money they will take it, possibly as low as £30million.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

demeant0r

If we get relegated when we have Burnley, SU and Luton then I'll eat my hat. I don't own one but I'll buy one and eat it.

perry geyton

After today I'd argue that we are already in one

SP

Quote from: perry geyton on November 11, 2023, 04:49:22 PMAfter today I'd argue that we are already in one

Yes, at one stage I was extremely worried how today's games were going.

Southdowns White

Probably not relegated but unless we can get four starters in pretty sharpish during the transfer window, it's not going to be very fruitful season. I think our current starters look tired in the second half, when you have two of our starters in their mid 30s I think it can put a strain across the whole team. We are too slow in our build up and have become very predictable, If the opposition watch our games they will see where they can pressure us, particularly when we try and play out from the back. We only ever seem to play constructive football for short periods in any game. I don't think we are going to get those four starters in during the transfer window though, so a long drawn out frustrating fight for 17th-15th position awaits us. 

RaySmith

Bournemouth giving Newcastle a game, should be in front - lack of composure in front of goal and Pope's saves.

Hopefully Newcastle will turn it on in the second half, keep B'mouth down there.

SP

Worried about SU winning again tomorrow, the Brighton squad is rather depleted with the Europa League fixtures.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: RaySmith on November 11, 2023, 06:30:10 PMBournemouth giving Newcastle a game, should be in front - lack of composure in front of goal and Pope's saves.

Hopefully Newcastle will turn it on in the second half, keep B'mouth down there.

Considering Newcastle's huge list of injuries/suspensions (which got bigger in the first half), Bournemouth probably would be a little disappointed to only come away from this home match with a draw.

KentFulham

Bournemouth winning, FFC look in trouble. So much more fight in the teams around us

Palhinha Colada

We should finish ahead of all three promoted sides, who all look pretty dire, but it's fairly inexcusable for us to be in this position after last season.

Hopefully we add a couple attacking pieces in January and kick on from there, but ...