News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...you have made two important decisions already StevenageRoad, Fulham FC and Friends Of Fulham, welcome to the obsession...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

StevenageRoad

NewYorkYank

As my screen name suggests, I was born and raised in New York City, and have lived here all my life (although, despite my name, I am no fan of the Yankees).  I played soccer in grammar school. high school, college, and, thereafter, in the old German-American League, an amateur league here in New York.  I was a Junior General, watching the New York Generals with 500 other people in a Yankee Stadium that held over 75,000 people, even before there were the Cosmos.

The death of the NASL and work took me away from the game, except for the World Cup and European Championships, both as a player and a fan, until two things:  Cable television and the growth of my son, who is a bigger soccer fanatic than I was (alas, an Arsenal fan).

I began to follow Fulham, like many Americans, because of Brian McBride, my favorite player long before I even knew of Fulham.  Because my wife is from Denmark, I previously followed soccer there, particularly FCK and the national team.  I still remember celebrating 1992 with my in-laws, and I hope to do so again when FCK knocks Chelsea out of the Champions League.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: NewYorkYank on January 10, 2011, 01:50:57 AM
As my screen name suggests, I was born and raised in New York City, and have lived here all my life (although, despite my name, I am no fan of the Yankees).  I played soccer in grammar school. high school, college, and, thereafter, in the old German-American League, an amateur league here in New York.  I was a Junior General, watching the New York Generals with 500 other people in a Yankee Stadium that held over 75,000 people, even before there were the Cosmos.

Wow, I remember the Generals... not well, but I do remember them.  I used to live in Bergen Cty and  have a clearer memory of the Cosmos playing at Hofstra and Randalls Island than I do of the Generals.  In any case, welcome to FoF.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

McBridefan1

Quote from: NewYorkYank on January 10, 2011, 01:50:57 AM

The death of the NASL and work took me away from the game, except for the World Cup and European Championships, both as a player and a fan, until two things:  Cable television and the growth of my son, who is a bigger soccer fanatic than I was (alas, an Arsenal fan).

I began to follow Fulham, like many Americans, because of Brian McBride, my favorite player long before I even knew of Fulham.  Because my wife is from Denmark, I previously followed soccer there, particularly FCK and the national team.  I still remember celebrating 1992 with my in-laws, and I hope to do so again when FCK knocks Chelsea out of the Champions League.

A New Yorker that doesn't like the Yankees???  Nice... We're gonna get along just fine.

Gozorich

I was going to post this a month ago but ridiculous problems getting registered held me back. I was going to moan about it but life is too short.

My first match at Craven Cottage was in 1962. I believe it was Stanley Mathews' last one in London. I had tried all the grounds in West London since arriving from Scotland in 1961 at the age of nineteen but the moment I walked into the Cottage I knew I was home. The stadium was very similar to my hometown team, Motherwell. That I haven't topped myself in all those years is remarkable; supporting the 'Well and Fulham together for about 50 years is a sign of an unstable and definitely mad character.

I lived in South London and Surrey for most of that time and have two sons and a daughter who all support Fulham. The oldest did some youth coaching for Fulham and is a STH as were the others till they went to university and moved on. I had a season ticket in the Riverside right on the 18 yard line at the Putney end. I have seen the greats from the Maestro onwards and was lucky enough to get to know Bobby Robson. My Scottish girlfriend at the time thought we had a Scottish goalkeeper called MacEdo.

I have been contributing on and off to Fulham forums under a different guise since Paul Thorpe started Tfi.

Like lots of others I have had many personal ups and downs in my life but at least on a Saturday and occasional Tuesday at the Cottage I could forget my problems for a few hours. Four years ago I retired to Gozo but like the madman that I am I kept my season ticket for a year; I just couldn't bring myself to give it up! I get to 2 or 3 games a year now but I see every Fulham match home and away thanks to the genius of Dreambox which is very popular in this football mad country. Most, of course, follow Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal. Thankfully there are few Chelsea here.

I have met three other Fulham fans who live on this rock and I try to convert everyone else. Even the local bar puts our matches on now. Our profile was increased immensely by the Europa run and I managed to get to the Roma game. However I still miss the stroll through Bishop's Park, the drink(s) in The Cottage (great shame it is now closed) and the comfort of being amongst fellow fans. Still, we move on...

COYW   

clint23

Greetings to all the Fulham fans!
I've discovered this forum a few days ago, and I'm very glad that I found it.
First of all, sorry for my bad English, I'm from Romania and I still got much to learn about the language.

1) What country and city/town are you from?
Born in Romania, Ploiesti, and here I live.

2) Why do you support The Fulham Football Club?
I'm 17 years old, and when I was 16, I began playing soccer. And my teammates were always asking me: "Who do you support from other countries?". And I always said: "Nobody". Well, one night I was watching my first Fulham game on TV (Juvestus-Fulham 3-1), and I was like "I heard of Fulham, Premier League team, Juventus will have a hard night at them. After that, I watched the second leg, and fell in love with the club that night. I've searched fulham stuff like videos from the previous seasons (I watched all the highlights from the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 seasons) and I've read everything I could about the players.
Now every day I read all the Fulham news, my favorite player has become Clint Dempsey, alongside with Gera and Murphy, and my first game at the Cottage was Fulham-Everton 0-0. I want now to read the opinions of other Fulham fans, and I hope I can visit again, this season, the beautiful Craven Cottage.

3) Did you support another team before Fulham?
Yes, Rapid Bucharest, I still support them.

I want to ask, are there any Fulham fans from Romania?  :wine:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: clint23 on February 10, 2011, 07:07:11 AM
Greetings to all the Fulham fans!
I've discovered this forum a few days ago, and I'm very glad that I found it.
First of all, sorry for my bad English, I'm from Romania and I still got much to learn about the language.

Born in Romania, Ploiesti, and here I live.

I'm 17 years old, and when I was 16, I began playing soccer. And my teammates were always asking me: "Who do you support from other countries?". And I always said: "Nobody". Well, one night I was watching my first Fulham game on TV (Juvestus-Fulham 3-1), and I was like "I heard of Fulham, Premier League team, Juventus will have a hard night at them. After that, I watched the second leg, and fell in love with the club that night. I've searched fulham stuff like videos from the previous seasons (I watched all the highlights from the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 seasons) and I've read everything I could about the players.
Now every day I read all the Fulham news, my favorite player has become Clint Dempsey, alongside with Gera and Murphy, and my first game at the Cottage was Fulham-Everton 1-1. I want now to read the opinions of other Fulham fans, and I hope I can visit again, this season, the beautiful Craven Cottage.

No.

I want to ask, are there any Fulham fans from Romania?  :wine:
Hi Clint i think you are the first from Romania, but your next door neighbours Bulgaria has a Bulgarian Fulham supporters club so you'll have to convert a few more Romanians and out do them  :54:

clint23

QuoteHi Clint i think you are the first from Romania, but your next door neighbours Bulgaria has a Bulgarian Fulham supporters club so you'll have to convert a few more Romanians and out do them  :54:

I'll do my best, unfortunately most of my friends are Arsenal and Chelsea fans

LBNo11

Quote from: clint23 on February 10, 2011, 04:56:04 PM
QuoteHi Clint i think you are the first from Romania, but your next door neighbours Bulgaria has a Bulgarian Fulham supporters club so you'll have to convert a few more Romanians and out do them  :54:

...bine ati venit pe site-ul nostru si message board. Sper ca va converti o parte din prietenii dvs. de a fi ceea ce noi numim "Glory Hunters" - care este un fel de fani care acoperă până inadvertenţele propriile lor prin sprijinirea un "mare" echipa.

Noroc...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

clint23

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 10, 2011, 07:48:34 PM
Quote from: clint23 on February 10, 2011, 04:56:04 PM

...bine ati venit pe site-ul nostru si message board. Sper ca va converti o parte din prietenii dvs. de a fi ceea ce noi numim "Glory Hunters" - care este un fel de fani care acoperă până inadvertenţele propriile lor prin sprijinirea un "mare" echipa.

Noroc...

Thank you for your words in Romanian language!  :yay:

BillNRoc

I now reside in Rochester, NY, on the south shore of beautiful Lake Ontario, but I'm originally from Detroit (which is relevant).

I started following FFC thanks to Brian McBride. Saw him score a wonderful goal on Fox Soccer, then leave the game injured. When a friend and I made a football pilgrimage to London a few years back, we bought tickets online to see Man City (the old Man City). The match itself was brilliant (3-3 draw), breathtaking pace of play vs. MLS and other US. But what capped it for me was The Cottage. Growing up in Detroit, I saw many Tigers baseball games at the old Briggs/Tiger Stadium downtown, and The Cottage had the same look and feel -- a playing ground from another era, seating close to the field, palpable fan emotion when things went well or poorly. Then the incredible Europa League campaign sealed the deal, in spite of the final match result.

I must admit I'm a little partial to Everton, too. So similar to FFC in some ways: "small" club in a city dominated by a "big" club, old ground, ability to add good US players to the squad for positive results. But my primary loyalty is to FFC: COYW!!!

fulhampa23

im new to the forum. From Pittsburgh Pennsylvania (USA). I was attracted to fulham from the heavy American influence (as I'm sure most others from the States are very similar). I loosely followed when Clint Dempsey (my favorite player) signed and I heard about how remarkable the Great Escape was. The next season I got the fox soccer channel and finally watched live games. I fell in love with the small club big hearts persona and couldn't get enough of it. I love everything about the club and make sure to watch every game on a stream or on TV. I follow them every way I can and I enjoy watching behind the scenes features or reading about the clubs history. I especially love the Cottage. I am too young to have liked any other team but I will stick with Fulham for a while I hope, even if they become American-less. I hope to get to the Cottage  in the near future, especially before Dempsey leaves but I'll be going to college soon and probably wont be able to afford it. I'll support the club from over here as much as I can and wear all of my apparel whilst the looks of bewilderment I receive because people have no idea what I am wearing. COYW! for life.
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

YankeeJim

Welcome Fulhampa23.

You'll find that this is a decent lot, probably because the mods are effective. If you need some links to Fulham matches there are a number I can suggest. PM me. If you want to really experence Fulham catch Gentleman Jim's broadcast over at the offal.  The man is legend.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Welcome aboard. All the advice I can give you is to jump in at the deep end and immerse yourself in all things Fulham. You'll soon find you had friends in countries you'd have difficulty finding on the map.

We're either a family, a street gang, or a cult -- I haven't made up my mind which -- but you'll go a long way before you find a better bunch.

Welcome in, my friend, to the show that never ends.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Marcelo_ffcbr

I'm from Gravataí, a little city in the south of Brazil. (near Porto Alegre)

I knew the club down by 2002, in a manager game, but I say that I started to support FFC from the 2005-06 season, when I connect with other fans and saw that it was not the only one to like this crazy team. From that season, I discover an inexplicable passion for the club and today I say with all certainty that I am a fanatic supporter of Fulham.

In Brazil i support the Sport Club Internacional.

duffbeer

Welcome Marcelo!!  Since you support Fulham, I'll have to adopt Sport Club Internacional as my Brazilian team.  They must be a worthy team. I have quite a few Brazilian friends here in the USA, and I plan to make my first visit to your fine country in 2014!  

Marcelo_ffcbr

Inter is a great Brazilian soccer club and Its stadium is on the bank of a river like craven cottage.

This similarity helped me to choose Fulham my team in england. :62:

Come to Brazil in 2014, you will love my country. :dft010:

Flupp

Hello everybody

1) What country and city/town are you from?`

I`m from Germany. Im 23 years old and I live between Cologne and Düsseldorf.

I was for 5 day on vacation in London and as an football fan I take the chance to see a PL game. Now which Team I will support ?? 1.Arsenal and Chelsea ?? Noo way ! I`don't like these plastic clubs which are thinking money is everything and we can buy anyone !!! So I decide between FFC and the Hammers !! And there was the Craven Cottage an traditonal and pretty old Stadium....So i choose the Cottagers...And from the first 5 mins I never regret that decision !!

After that great vacation i fell in love with London and of course with Fulham FC...And know Im proud to be an German FFC supporter

Season Ticket holder - Borussia Mönchengladbach

COME ON YOU WHITES .......and sorry for my bad English
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

YankeeJim

Welcome! Your English is fine you just have to love the Mighty Whites.

I've read that when Kasey Keller played at Borussia Mönchengladbach that the fans nicknamed him "The Wall". Is that true?

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.