News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...my apologies: I assumed that coming from Algeria you understood French. What I tried to say was:-

مرحبا بكم في موقعنا على الشبكة ، إذا كنت تبحث عن مصدر إلهام لتجعلك تقع في الحب مع فولهام ، ثم قراءة وظائف اخرى في هذا الموضوع من مشجعي زميل من جميع أنحاء العالم.

اعتقد اننا خاصة ، ولكن يجب أن تنمو إلى الحب فولهام ، وأنا واثق رفيق Halliche الآن يلعب لفولهام ستساعدك في اختيارك لنادي رئاسة الوزراء.

تعال أنت البيض

But just in case:-

Welcome to our web-site, if you are looking for inspiration to make you fall in love with Fulham, then read the other posts in this thread from fellow fans from around the world.

I think we are special, but you must grow to love Fulham, and I am sure Rafik Halliche now playing for Fulham will help you in your choice of premiership club.

Come On You Whites
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on September 22, 2010, 10:25:40 AM
there was no need for all the trouble,i was only kidding  :015: cheers

oh, you fit in here perfectly already!  :011:

Welcome aboard!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

duffbeer

K33NY

Greetings all Fulham fans!

1 I am from Norway, current city is Lillestrøm
2 Why support Fulham? Because it is a team with compation, lojalty, great fans and a great history! To me there is no other club!
3 No, I wasn't supporter of any club, but as little child growing up in Norway all kids cheered for Manu, so I thoght it was a good team but it didn't last, I never felt compation for the team.

finnster01

Quote from: K33NY on October 31, 2010, 01:55:38 PM

2 Why support Fulham? Because it is a team with compation, lojalty, great fans and a great history! To me there is no other club!
3 No, I wasn't supporter of any club, but as little child growing up in Norway all kids cheered for Manu, so I thoght it was a good team but it didn't last, I never felt compation for the team.
Welcome on-board son. Fulham is the business and this site is the best. Lillestrom, that's were Bjorn Helge Riise played, right? Keep on posting mate.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

K33NY

Quote from: finnster01 on October 31, 2010, 02:10:30 PM

Welcome on-board son. Fulham is the business and this site is the best. Lillestrom, that's were Bjorn Helge Riise played, right? Keep on posting mate.

Yes it
Quote from: finnster01 on October 31, 2010, 02:10:30 PM

Thank you :) Yes BJ Riise was in Lillestrøm :) I have never watched Lillestrøm play though :P theres only one club for me, Fulham FC, I have so much love for the club!! when I was in school and we hade homework with free topics or to pick a ballsport in gym homework I even made topics about the club. All my mind in football goes to Fulham. I am Fulham til I die! :D

sipwell

I apparently never introduced myself properly on this site.
thin
Well here goes:

Born in Flanders (sea side), living in Brussels (defending the capital against those French speaking Caucasians), hoping to move to New York or any other part of the world some day. I work in academia (that is: until my contract ends) preparing a PhD in Political Science and giving a number of classes to undergraduates (both at BA and at MA level).
Became a Fulham because of Airfix ( :airfix: ) his endless talks about the Whites. He got me hooked I guess (even though Fulham is an "acquired taste"). Airfix and myself met through an online football game (same as Bigdaddyat) in which we both have a management role. I head the team that heads some 50 forum admins, after basically building that from scratch. Befriending Airfix wasn't too hard, as he - or "she" as he is known in the game - has an excellent taste in humour (I am funny, he is sometimes funny) and is overall a nice chap. We don't discuss politics, so that helps too.

My Belgian team is Union Saint Gilloise, a former bigshot but now a Division III team. It is in my view the only "Belgian" team left in Brussels, in the sense that people speak French, Dutch and Bruxellois (a patois of Dutch and French) without thinking about language divisions and the separation of the country. You can start a sentence in French, change to Dutch halfway and end with the typically Brussels "menneke".
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FP

1) I'm from Argentina and i live in Buenos Aires

2) I used to play rugby when i was a youngster and i had always dreamt about going to some 6 Nations (5 Nations when i played) to the UK so last year when i turned fourty i decided to do it. I arranged everything myself on the internet and flew on February for three matches, in London, Edinburgh and Cardiff. As my two other passions are football and music i had to do something about those too. So i bougth tickets for Eric Clapton at the O2. Football was a little bit more difficult because my weekends there were occupied by rugby. But there was one Europa League game on a Thursday, February 18th to be precise. I had heard of Fulham and i was staying in Wandsworth at a friend's whilst in London, so i bought two tickets for me and my girlfriend (another football fan).
Those of you who had been to Craven Cottage will understand that that nigth was the answer to question number two, and those of you who haven't been to Craven Cottage .... well you will understand after you've been there.
Since then i follow Fulham FC by every means possible from the distance. Fortunetly the Premier League has a lot of coverage here (5 to 6 games every week) so i've manage to see most of the games on TV and some on the internet (really very bad quality).
The trip was a dream come true and that nigth after beating Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 my love story with Fulham began.
We are planning to go on May on another football and music trip (details coming soon!)

3) I used to be a San Lorenzo fan in Argentina

LBNo11

...welcome FP, you are one of many who fell in love with Craven Cottage and hence Fulham FC. You obviously missed seeing your fellow Argentinian Facundo Sava play for us, a fans favourite he would take a mask from his sock and put it over his eyes after he scored a goal!

Dont be afraid to post and enjoy the hospitality of one of the friendliest Fulham sites around.

PS: Let me know which avatar you wanted to show and I will put it in place :045:

FP

i didn't know Sava played for FFC, interesting coincidence, my name es Facundo too!!!

LBNo11

Quote from: FP on November 18, 2010, 10:46:16 PM
i didn't know Sava played for FFC, interesting coincidence, my name es Facundo too!!!

...I know - us moderators know everything, well apart from why is Sepp Blatter allowed to carry on as El Presidente of FIFA.. :032:

El Loco...

HatterDon

LB, you might want to give a list of countries represented followed by the number of members from each country. I had no idea that we had any Argentine representation on the site.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Steveinho

Name's Steve (surprise, surprise). I'm a native of a small town just outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania who took a quick jaunt across the United States two years ago and now lives in San Diego, California. I'm here on the recommendation of Rich at Craven Cottage Newsround.

I'm 27 and really got into soccer around the age of 18. I always was, and still am, a hockey player, but got into it via a mix of how similar the sports are at their roots, following the 2002 World Cup, and trying to impress an Italian foreign exchange student. Very late-teen male of me to try and impress a woman with knowledge of sports. But that's another story, far sillier.

The closest club, proximity wise, to my hometown is the Pittsburgh Riverhounds. The Riverhounds are a semi-professional team that competes in the USL-2, America's 3rd division. Financial instability has made the club change its ownership group a few times in its short history and its ground even more frequently, often playing in high school football stadiums and, briefly, playing on a converted baseball pitch for a minor league baseball team. Watching a soccer game with a large, raised mound in the middle of the field is an... interesting experience.

I'd probably follow the club more if I could, but the season is incredibly short, television/radio/newspaper coverage is minimal-to-none and the drive to the stadium generally takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete. On top of this, the Hounds even had to take an entire season off due to financial difficulties a few years back. While this is typical of most lower-division American teams prior to folding, the Riverhounds came back, changed their colors, announced a partnership with Everton and a few other initiatives. Not bad.

But, it just wasn't feasible to follow them consistently. As for MLS, I've never quite adopted a team. I've adopted the league as a whole and it's allowed me to enjoy all of it, with minimal bias. As a big supporter of the USA National Team, it's easier not to hold grudges against the players composing the team if I don't adopt a club in that instance. The National Team was my first love, so I've prioritized my American experience to tailor to that.

So, Fulham? Well... I tried out following a number of clubs, began following them each a bit just to see if I could get into them at all. Inter Milan. Celtic. Blackburn Rovers (really, breifly), but none quite did it for me. I started following Fulham right before McBride came in... just a nice mixture of the squad's makeup, the personality of the Cottage, Cookie Coleman himself, and the penchant for bringingin  American players (especially ones I held in high, personal regard like Dempsey and Keller) kept me around. In time, more nuance of the club has propped up for me and Fulham is, easily, the club I follow the most. At home and abroad.

One of the fondest sports memories I hold as a sports fan is Fulham's away win at Pompey to stave off relegation during the first Hodgson year. I've experienced championships in Pittsburgh... a couple Super Bowls and a trio of Stanley Cup win in my lifetime... but nothing quite mimicked that header from Danny Murphy. Still feels weird saying it... "Danny Muprhy header." About 9:00 a.m. for me. No Fulham fans around, save myself... I've converted a couple of my friends, but they were off at college about five hours away, so texts had to do. Just standing up, in my bed, while other family members of mine surely had no idea of what excitement could be had at that hour on a Saturday morning before getting out of bed, especially since I struck out at the bar the previous night. Just absolutely stellar feeling.

So yeah, a bit overlong, but there you have it. I'll enjoy getting in on the talk eventually and hopefully learning a thing or two more here that can't quite be found on the tele or on skysports.com

Mr Fulham

So, just spotted the Exiles/Overseas-Forum :tom: :58:

1) What country and city/town are you from?

Born in Oldenburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany, raised in Heiligenhafen. It's a small dump at the coast of the Baltic Sea near the island of Fehmarn.
Very good for all sorts of surfing, kiting, sailing et cetera. Apart from that very dull.

But three Fulham fans in relation to a population figure of 10,000 isn't that bad considering the rusticity and isolation of this area. There might be more after our Europa League run and my constant promotion. :dft011:
Basically everyone in my town knows that I'm a Fulham fan because it's so uncommon.

2) Why do you support The Fulham Football Club?

Visited London and SW6 when I was about 9 years old and was immidiately taken with the Borough and the Cottage.
As I love football and there was no German club I supported because I didn't (and still don't) like German football that much I started to watch Fulham's matches and follow the club's progress.

On top of that, I like Fulhams philosophy: Never-say-die, fighting until the end.

Even when winning is illogical, losing is still far from optional.

Fulham showed that whenever I watched them, past and present. Do you remember our match against Chelsea, a few days ago? We fought. Yes, we lost. But we tried. They didn't let their fans down too often. I love that.

I also like that underdog mentality. You know "Big, Rich Chelsea" and "Tiny Fulham".

I simply don't like those - mostly quite ignorant and selfish - "big club"-fans.

3) Did you support another team before Fulham?

No, I didn't.

But most of my friends are fierce Hamburg supporters.
So it was a somewhat cool feeling when we watched the semis together. We attended the match in Hamburg and watched the second leg at home. They laughed at me when Petric scored their goal but where quiet when Davies struck in that beautiful, beautiful goal and where totally devastated when Gera scored the winner.

"Quarter of an hour to play...in by Davies...beyond Hangeland....IT'S IN!! FROM GERA!...HOW ABOUT THAT?....FANTASY FULHAM.........There's a tidal wave on the Thames...Zoltan Gera, Fulham 15 minutes from the final."

I was jumping through the whole room (I still don't know why my couch is still in one piece!)  and they just sat there...

I also attended the final and was mad at those "cheaters" and "divers" (:dead horse:)....but all in all I was proud.
It was one of the best days in my life. :54:

LBNo11

...thanks for the story Mr Fulham, always interesting to see why people choose Fulham, you mention two others in your region, I do hope you have introduced them to the Friends Of Fulham site..?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 05, 2010, 01:53:21 PM
...thanks for the story Mr Fulham, always interesting to see why people choose Fulham, you mention two others in your region, I do hope you have introduced them to the Friends Of Fulham site..?

I did, but I don't think they registered yet. They were on the Offal most of the time (:doh:), honestly don't know why.

FatFreddysCat

Mr Fulham Fan weirdly enough i think i saw your town on television last night, a comedian called the Pub Landlord (Al Murray) who makes a living mocking the Germans and mostly French visited there. I'm sure it was your town, something about it being the first bathing resort in Germany, had a steam train/tram going through the town. And FP, Wow we have fans in Argentina that's unbelievable, 15 years ago we hardly had any fans anywhere.

StevenageRoad

Hello all.  I live in Indianapolis, Indiana.  My original club is Dortmund, from travelling to Dortmund on a business trip in 1997.  In recent years as I have gotten to watch world football again, I have became a big supporter of Barcelona.   As they are the only club I follow who is on top most of the time, I do not like any of the top English clubs they might face in the Champions League:  Arsenal, Manu, Liverpool, Chelsea, City....come to think of it, I do not like any of the top English clubs at all!

I gravitated toward Fulham in England because I just like the club.  I like the name Fulham, the Cottagers, everything about them.  I have a friend here in town who is a diehard Hotspur supporter and tried to influence me to like them, but I just find Tottenham dull.  I'd say the only other club in England I enjoy watching is Sunderland.  Everyone else apart from them and Fulham does not interest me.  I gravitated toward Fulham before I knew any Americans were on the squad, by the way.  I don't care whether any club I follow has American players or not.

So, Fulham have become my #1 in England.  As we Americans so often do, I also follow other European clubs:  Olyimpique de Marseille in France, AS Roma in Italy, and the aforementioned Barcelona and Dortmund.