News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

Quote from: Porkopolis on May 24, 2011, 12:59:57 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on May 23, 2011, 01:19:51 PM
Welcome, Porkopolis. You're going to want to make another comment to get your status upgraded from "Michael Jackson."  :HD:

Thanks for the welcome. I remember you from another Fulham site I used to lurk on and can't wait to chat with you (and everyone else) around here.

...good to have you 'on board', I hope you enjoy this site, oh! if there is any confusion on here it is just because of the accent.. :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

kirkoa

Quote from: Porkopolis on May 20, 2011, 08:53:34 PM
1) I currently live in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.  I'm originally from Parkersburg, West Virginia. I've also lived in Cleveland and Columbus.

2) My initial interest was due to Brian McBride.  The steady parade of American connections grew my interest in Fulham until one day I realized they were my favorite club.

3) I supported--and still support Columbus Crew. That is, as mentioned above, how I found my way to these parts through Brian McBride. My mother grew up in Germany and indoctrinated me to FC Bayern from an early age, so I'll always pull for them against anyone but Fulham or Columbus. A visit to the West Country also gave me a soft spot for Bristol City as I was treated marvelously by that club when I visited Ashton Gate.

I'm glad to have found this site. I look forward to interacting with Fulham supporters form around the globe and, judging from the Ohio contingent on here, right down the street.

What is that now, four of us from Ohio?
Why is the music playing while I'm talking?

HatterDon

Quote from: Porkopolis on May 24, 2011, 12:59:57 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on May 23, 2011, 01:19:51 PM
Welcome, Porkopolis. You're going to want to make another comment to get your status upgraded from "Michael Jackson."  :HD:

Thanks for the welcome. I remember you from another Fulham site I used to lurk on and can't wait to chat with you (and everyone else) around here.

I'm always here, sir. Jump on in; the conversation's fine.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr. F

Quote from: Porkopolis on May 20, 2011, 08:53:34 PM
1) I currently live in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.  I'm originally from Parkersburg, West Virginia. I've also lived in Cleveland and Columbus.

2) My initial interest was due to Brian McBride.  The steady parade of American connections grew my interest in Fulham until one day I realized they were my favorite club.

3) I supported--and still support Columbus Crew. That is, as mentioned above, how I found my way to these parts through Brian McBride. My mother grew up in Germany and indoctrinated me to FC Bayern from an early age, so I'll always pull for them against anyone but Fulham or Columbus. A visit to the West Country also gave me a soft spot for Bristol City as I was treated marvelously by that club when I visited Ashton Gate.

I'm glad to have found this site. I look forward to interacting with Fulham supporters form around the globe and, judging from the Ohio contingent on here, right down the street.

Welcome Porkopolis! Great to see all these Ohioans on here!

Rabbit

1) I grew up in Seattle - I only skimmed a few of the entries on this thread but I didn't see anyone else from Washington State. I just graduated from college and plan on moving out to Washington DC sometime soon, where I'll only be five hours behind London and won't have to get up at ungodly hours to watch Fulham play live.

2) I started supporting Fulham circa 2006. I was initially drawn to the club since Brian McBride played there, but I didn't really fall in love with the club until a considerable amount of time after that. I despise the New York Yankees for all their money and arrogance, and I didn't want to support a club that embodied the same rich ideals (then, the traditional Big 4). Looking more at Fulham, I discovered the Cottage and everything that it meant to the supporters as a symbol for what the club stood for - tradition, civility and modesty. I figured that this was the club for me, with a few Americans to root for as well. I studied abroad in London during the fall of 2007, that fateful time when Lawrie Sanchez was managing our beloved club into the ground. I went to two games (as much as my slim budget could allow), both draws: 3-3 against Man City (an incredibly entertaining game) and 2-2 against Blackburn (considerably more drab).

3) I did not - a good friend of mine is a big Arsenal fan so I pull for them sometimes when it comes to Champions League stuff and title races. But otherwise I'm Fulham through and through.

YankeeJim

Welcome Rabbit. FOF is the best place to stay up on the Mighty Whites. Even though our English cousins relegate us Yanks and other riff raff away from the main board, they treat us well. (They don't know we won the war :033:). You'll find a great number of great people here. The Mods do a good job unless you make comments about the bad boys from south of the border. Course the Scots could say the same thing.

084.gif  :005:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MontenegroWhite

Well, hi there people. First of all I want to thank Dave (twitter - WhiteNoise1879) for helping me to register here, and become part od Fulham family.

I'm from Montenegro; I hope you know where it is. Reasons for supporting Fulham?! The most beautiful stadim ever, long history... Well to be honest I don't know why. It simply happened. It was (as far as I can remember) one of their first seasons in EPL when Joan Tigana was a manager. So it is almost a decade. Also, music had a huge impact. Sex Pistols, Clash, Jam, Damned, Lurkers, Buzzcocks were one of my first bands I really liked. You know... Punk-rock change your life. Nowdays I also like Brit Pop. Almost all stuff I listen is from Britain. Thats one of the reasons, also because I like England. Expat Fulham, all this years I am ,,keeping an eye" on FC Barcelona. But Fulham suits me much more, because of the way I am. Football + music + beer, hey isn't it obvious?! 

Sorry for my English... GREETINGS FOR ALL OF YOU! 

Fulham all the way! 

finnster01

Welcome Mr MontenegroWhite  :clap_hands:

You'll enjoy this site.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Welcome MonteNegro White, i do believe you are the first from there. The Lovely K Cat from this forum went on holiday last year and loved it. Dont worry bout your English it's better than mine  :54:

Gozorich

Quote from: MontenegroWhite on June 26, 2011, 02:56:13 PM
Well, hi there people. First of all I want to thank Dave (twitter - WhiteNoise1879) for helping me to register here, and become part od Fulham family.

I'm from Montenegro; I hope you know where it is. Reasons for supporting Fulham?! The most beautiful stadim ever, long history... Well to be honest I don't know why. It simply happened. It was (as far as I can remember) one of their first seasons in EPL when Joan Tigana was a manager. So it is almost a decade. Also, music had a huge impact. Sex Pistols, Clash, Jam, Damned, Lurkers, Buzzcocks were one of my first bands I really liked. You know... Punk-rock change your life. Nowdays I also like Brit Pop. Almost all stuff I listen is from Britain. Thats one of the reasons, also because I like England. Expat Fulham, all this years I am ,,keeping an eye" on FC Barcelona. But Fulham suits me much more, because of the way I am. Football + music + beer, hey isn't it obvious?! 

Sorry for my English... GREETINGS FOR ALL OF YOU! 

Fulham all the way! 

A warm welcome MontenegroWhite! I spent some time around Budva a few years ago and was within 5 minutes of buying a propery there.

Beautiful country and great people. :54:

HatterDon

And greetings and a cordial Howdy from the People's Republic of South Texas.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mcaussie

I was born in leafy snobby Surrey more years ago than I wish to remember. The first players I saw at the cottage were Haynes, Hill Langley etc. (that blows my age secrecy) I was about 13 I think when I first went to see Fulham and was hooked. As I got older and had a family I couldn't afford the cost or time to go regularly but always followed them. I admit that I got back to going when MAF took over and soon became a season ticket holder. One day my daughter asked if she could come with me and happily she caught the bug and became a season ticket holder too. Then in 2003 she moved to Scotland and I followed her up there a year later.We went to many away games up north and had some good trips but many many bad away results but we were not deterred. Then in 2008 my daughter and family emigrated to Brisbane on our recommendation. (we had been over a few times and loved the country and especially the weather).I followed out last year and now also live in Brisbane. Hence my handle ...McAussie.
We go to see Brisbane Roar sometimes but spend most of the game talking about Fulham.
So there we are.A new life but always the same team COYW

LBNo11

...Slangiva cobber, there are a few FoF exiles to the big brown land you now call home, Corked Hat, who, dare I say it is closer to your age, and Gold Coast White are the main regulars to this site.

Glad you chose us and hope you post regularly as well as look in...

SCFulhmFan

Finally getting around to post to the board.  Used to be active over at FulhamUSA.com before the dreaded hack.  Started following Fulham after watching Brian McBride in the '06 World Cup.  Prior I had followed a northern devilish red team as they were a college friends' team and they were one of the few teams you could actually see matches for.  Fell in love with the history/Cottage.  Made my first of hopefully many trips last April to the Cottage.  We had tickets for the Wigan match but alas that pesky Thursday night Wolfsburg match pushed it back to Sunday the day we left.  There was nothing to do but pay up for what would be as we all know a great night.  I was able to get two tickets in the Hammersmith end with the wife in front of me as there weren't two seats side by side. 

This magical day started with us heading over to Abbey Road where despite the anger from the two delivery trucks I was able to get the wife's long life photo of her crossing.  Man those guys were mad at me.  Ha!  We then took the Thames boat tour and proceeded to heckle back the Wolfsburg fans insisting Fulham had never experienced the powerhouse that is their club.  We made it down to the Golden Lion.  Surprisingly, it was early enough no "guard" was posted.  We (my wife) quickly be befriended the patrons and proceeded to take in the festivities.  We walked down to the match and of course were ear to ear smile on the tube after the match seeing both 2nd half goals scored right in front of us.

Hoping to be more active on FoF!

finnster01

Quote from: SCFulhmFan on July 13, 2011, 04:16:16 PM
Finally getting around to post to the board.  Used to be active over at FulhamUSA.com before the dreaded hack.  Started following Fulham after watching Brian McBride in the '06 World Cup.  Prior I had followed a northern devilish red team as they were a college friends' team and they were one of the few teams you could actually see matches for.  Fell in love with the history/Cottage.  Made my first of hopefully many trips last April to the Cottage.  We had tickets for the Wigan match but alas that pesky Thursday night Wolfsburg match pushed it back to Sunday the day we left.  There was nothing to do but pay up for what would be as we all know a great night.  I was able to get two tickets in the Hammersmith end with the wife in front of me as there weren't two seats side by side. 

This magical day started with us heading over to Abbey Road where despite the anger from the two delivery trucks I was able to get the wife's long life photo of her crossing.  Man those guys were mad at me.  Ha!  We then took the Thames boat tour and proceeded to heckle back the Wolfsburg fans insisting Fulham had never experienced the powerhouse that is their club.  We made it down to the Golden Lion.  Surprisingly, it was early enough no "guard" was posted.  We (my wife) quickly be befriended the patrons and proceeded to take in the festivities.  We walked down to the match and of course were ear to ear smile on the tube after the match seeing both 2nd half goals scored right in front of us.

Welcome Mr SC  082.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

LBNo11

..Welcome to you both, you are now a member of a small and largely happy group of Fulham supporters - if you want to feel part of the essence of Fulham, to live and breathe Fulham, stick around, don't be afraid to ask questions and it doesn't matter how long you have been a fan, the fact you are one makes you stand apart from the rest. Welcome...

076.gif

AmericanJames

Quote from: SCFulhmFan on July 13, 2011, 04:16:16 PM

You wouldn't happen to one of the fulham fans i met in detroit for the gold cup would you?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult