News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. F

Quote from: MrFantastic on August 21, 2011, 05:33:05 AM
Quote from: Mr. F on August 21, 2011, 03:19:59 AM
Quote from: MrFantastic on August 19, 2011, 12:47:28 PM
I was born in Bosnia but moved to USA. Now i live in Erie Pennsylvania USA. I support Fulham because once I was in London and I entered a pub where Fulham fans watch the game. There was game on and everybody was cheering so i joined. It looked fun and they were all nice people and I started to support Fulham from than on. I also am a fan of Bayern Munchen and i must say Bayern was my first team i supported  but now i support both teams equally the same

Welcome!

Did you also just join FulhamUSA under a different name?

yes i did i had troubles going on to fulhamusa every time i go there the internet can't find the website so I joined this one i don't know if i can't go to that site anymore sometimes it lets me on and sometimes it don't. I changed my user name from the one i have on other site because there is also one  F in MrFantastic yea

Unfortunately I think the site crashed because I'm having the exact same issue. Hope it gets resolved soon!

FatFreddysCat

I was born in Bosnia but moved to USA. Now i live in Erie Pennsylvania USA. I support Fulham because once I was in London and I entered a pub where Fulham fans watch the game. There was game on and everybody was cheering so i joined. It looked fun and they were all nice people and I started to support Fulham from than on. I also am a fan of Bayern Munchen and i must say Bayern was my first team i supported  but now i support both teams equally the same

Welcome!

yes i did i had troubles going on to fulhamusa every time i go there the internet can't find the website so I joined this one i don't know if i can't go to that site anymore sometimes it lets me on and sometimes it don't. I changed my user name from the one i have on other site because there is also one  F in MrFantastic yea
I think it got hacked into, and is not out of service, but i'm sure HD will let you know for sure. If not i'll ring someone who will know for sure and find out for you.

Mr. F

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 21, 2011, 03:14:15 PM
I was born in Bosnia but moved to USA. Now i live in Erie Pennsylvania USA. I support Fulham because once I was in London and I entered a pub where Fulham fans watch the game. There was game on and everybody was cheering so i joined. It looked fun and they were all nice people and I started to support Fulham from than on. I also am a fan of Bayern Munchen and i must say Bayern was my first team i supported  but now i support both teams equally the same

Welcome!

yes i did i had troubles going on to fulhamusa every time i go there the internet can't find the website so I joined this one i don't know if i can't go to that site anymore sometimes it lets me on and sometimes it don't. I changed my user name from the one i have on other site because there is also one  F in MrFantastic yea
I think it got hacked into, and is not out of service, but i'm sure HD will let you know for sure. If not i'll ring someone who will know for sure and find out for you.

That's what I was afraid of, that's twice now isnt it? Out of all the sites out there, why FulhamUSA?

Logicalman

Unfortunately the original was badly hacked and was offline for an extended period whilst Mike briught a new one online. The membership suffered. The problems I found with the old MB was that, of the all the posts, there were fewer and fewer about Fulham and more about anything else, in particular, one section which became the personal rant space of one mod, which was as political as you could ever get.

Sports and Politics and Religion DO NOT MIX, and simply brings out the enormous divides amongst fans of one club.

The latest reincarnation looked good, fewer members, less posts, but more sport - and in particular Fulham - related.

Fred: Don has little to do with the FUSA MB these days, by all accounts, though Cleveland Mo is very involved, if you can contact her instead.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Logicalman on August 21, 2011, 04:27:16 PM
Unfortunately the original was badly hacked and was offline for an extended period whilst Mike briught a new one online. The membership suffered. The problems I found with the old MB was that, of the all the posts, there were fewer and fewer about Fulham and more about anything else, in particular, one section which became the personal rant space of one mod, which was as political as you could ever get.

Sports and Politics and Religion DO NOT MIX, and simply brings out the enormous divides amongst fans of one club.

The latest reincarnation looked good, fewer members, less posts, but more sport - and in particular Fulham - related.

Fred: Don has little to do with the FUSA MB these days, by all accounts, though Cleveland Mo is very involved, if you can contact her instead.
I think you've said everything that needs to be said. I was going to ring a Yank on this side of the pond, for reasons i'm sure you'll understand i wont mention his name  :033: Does White Witch still do her fantastic reports?

MrFantastic

Quote from: Mr. F on August 21, 2011, 03:52:06 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 21, 2011, 03:14:15 PM

Welcome!

That's what I was afraid of, that's twice now isnt it? Out of all the sites out there, why FulhamUSA?

I think it got hacked because it has USA in the name maybe some people don't like that in some part of the world or it could have been some people that support other teams in EPL and live in USA that did that i don't know but this friends of fulham is great site and if fulham usa doesnt get back up we should tell those people to come to this site.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

MrFantastic

Quote from: Logicalman on August 21, 2011, 04:27:16 PM

I agree politics and religion have no place on soccer sites but there should be posts about other stuff that is not related to Fulham so when Fulham is not playing we still something to talk about.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

dweiss

Well hello there! I am new to the forum and though that I should drop by and say Hi! It is great to be here and go out in support of the Club which I think would really be great, if not working at the highest levels currently.

Logicalman

Welcome one and all to the best forum for Fulham supporters world-wide.

Now, don't be strangers, just because you may not be based in the UK it doesn't mean you cannot post on the main board. This exiles area is for those subjects that are peculiar to overseas fans. Anything Fulham can go on the main board.

StevenageRoad, whereabouts in Indy are you? We live in the Summit city of Fort Wayne, and frequently visit that neck of the woods, mainly to the Chatham Tap pub.

DontTreadFFC

My name is Rob and I live in Cincinnati, OH. Born and raised in St. Louis, MO but have been in the Buckeye state since graduating college. (you won't meet anyone like me, I could not care less about the Cardinals. Huge Blues fan in my youth but moving to Ohio ruined my love of hockey and replaced it with American football).

I became a Fulham fan because I love Dempsey. I have hated Chelsea since I began following the EPL during the 06/07 season, so FFC was a natural fit. Even if Dempsey leaves, I'll still support the team. We'll win a trophy someday and it will be that much sweeter than being a front-runner Man U / Liverpool / Chelsea supporter like my friends.

Never really followed a squad before Fulham and I am proud to say that they are very near and dear to my heart, even thousands of miles away in the Midwest in the States. One of these days, I will make a pilgrimage to the Cottage. Until then, COYW!!!!!

YankeeJim

Welcome aboard.
This is a great site with great people. Be patient with our English friends, they still think Queen Victoria is in charge but dispite that a good bunch.

076.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

grandad

Hi, I was born at an early age & lived in Southfields, SW18. In 1954 when I was 9 my father took me to Chelsea for my 1st match. As I was not very tall I couldn´t see over the wall at the front so only saw the ball when it was in the air. My father told me that the next game that Fulham had we would go there as he said they had railings I could look through. All I can say is thank God for that wall.
I then started to go to every home game with a group of friends.When I started working we went to all the away games. The most expensive Football Special train trip was 19/6d to Newcastle. The players traveled on the same train.
I was a Season Ticket holder in the Stevenage Road Stand. Block G Row A seat 11.
I then moved to Yeovil in 1999 where I worked in the A&E Dept of the hospital. This meant that as I workrd most weekends I was unable to get to see many live games.
I then retired in 2008 & moved to Spain & love the life style. Thankfully not many ex-pats where I live. I play lawn bowls 2 to 3 times a week & this winter will be going for the Spanish National Trials.
That´s about it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

LBNo11

Quote from: grandad on July 19, 2012, 03:53:33 PM
Hi, I was born at an early age & lived in Southfields, SW18. In 1954 when I was 9 my father took me to Chelsea for my 1st match. As I was not very tall I couldn´t see over the wall at the front so only saw the ball when it was in the air. My father told me that the next game that Fulham had we would go there as he said they had railings I could look through. All I can say is thank God for that wall.
I then started to go to every home game with a group of friends.When I started working we went to all the away games. The most expensive Football Special train trip was 19/6d to Newcastle. The players traveled on the same train.
I was a Season Ticket holder in the Stevenage Road Stand. Block G Row A seat 11.
I then moved to Yeovil in 1999 where I worked in the A&E Dept of the hospital. This meant that as I workrd most weekends I was unable to get to see many live games.
I then retired in 2008 & moved to Spain & love the life style. Thankfully not many ex-pats where I live. I play lawn bowls 2 to 3 times a week & this winter will be going for the Spanish National Trials.
That´s about it.

...and that's enough  076.gif and I hope you enjoy the site. Please click on the links that form my signature at the bottom of my message that will direct you to other sections of the site - FoF is more than the forum alone...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

btings

(Posted this to the General forum by accident; moved it here instead.)

Greetings from San Francisco.

I am about as fresh of a fan as it gets: I had been thinking about seriously following the PL for a number of years, and last summer some combination of American sports lockouts and Megan Rapinoe's cross to Abby Wombach convinced me that the time was right.  But what team?

(I used to go to Sheffield for work, and I was drinking beer one time with a coworker there who knew a lot about American football.  He was a Packers fan -- in fact, he was wearing a Brett Favre jersey at the time.  He had picked the team, he said, to antagonize a friend who followed the Minnesota Vikings, and now he was completely hooked.  I remember thinking at the time that if I ever started seriously followed English football, I didn't need any better reason than that to pick a team.)

I had been quietly soliciting opinions for the six months or more, and the answers I had been getting ("pick somebody in the Champion's League") were uninspiring.  I didn't want to be That Guy -- like the guy I met last month who said his favorite teams were "Manchester United, Barcelona, and Spain".  (There are a lot of That Guys following football here.)  Of the "top" teams, the only one that tempted me was Arsenal (honestly, I just like the word), and I flirted with but ultimately rejected Liverpool, on account of my lifelong devotion to the Boston Red Sox.

I looked around in the mid-table.  Fulham seemed unlikely to be immediately relegated (a real fear I had!), they were in London, and they had Dempsey, which was at least a name I knew.  Good enough, right?

That seems like a long time ago.  I spent a disproportionate amount of time last year worrying (in the fall), thinking about Fulham, and getting up way too early to watch games.  My wife bought me a Fulham hat from the shop for Christmas; it's supposedly one-size-fits-all, but my head is too large.  I wear it anyways.  I know a lot more than I used to about how to find dodgy streams of European television stations.  And if I watch a game in public (rare, as most of them air in the early morning in California), I get to be one of the few Fulham fans in what is generally a crowd of That Guys. 

I started following Lork on twitter and he told me about this place.  Thanks Lork.

YankeeJim

Friends of Fulham is open to all, even residents of California's second city.  :dft012:

This is a great bunch and the mods keep the floor swept. One of them is also a Californian; Ridgerider who is from the Sac area. Me, I'm near enough to LA to be branded as such.

Fulham has  a streak in it that in some ways resemblies the Cub fans. During the great escape of a few years ago the whole board was convinced we were going down and generally were surprised when we did not. That might be changing since in the Europa league we came back from 3 down against Juventus with the goal of the decade from our boy Clint. The fans stood up singing "Stand up if you believe". Watching on the TV it brought tears to my eyes. I'd loved to have been there.

Just remember your place. You are a colonists and as such have no football knowledge. Course it's always good to call it soccer every now and then just to peeve our English brothers. Welcome.

:scarf:

Sir Lee Olgitt

FFC_Torino_Italy

Hi all, i'm Daniele from Torino, Italy; i follow FFC since the promotion in EPL, my first game was against WestHam (lost 0-1, Kanoute......) in Putney End. I came to the cottage many many times during these last years, international member, plus other away matches like Portsmouth (the great escape), Birmingham and Europa League (Basel, Torino obviously and the final at Hamburg).
Everytime i follow a game, my little flag is always with me (you can see it in the picture).
Why Fulham?
I got several friends that support other London teams, so, i have choosen the best one in order to have competition with them!
And so we can have beautiful weekends in London, expecially in pubs  082.gif
COYW
:scarf:

BarryP

Talk about late to the party!  I thought I did this years ago but as they say confession is good for the soul.  Hi, my name is Barry and I am a procrastinator.  

1) What country and city/town are you from?

I was born and raised in the Great Lakes Region of the United States, but nowhere near the Great Lakes, in the far southwestern reaches of Indiana just off the Ohio River in Evansville, Indiana. Evansville is famous for, well I live here and I don't even know what Evansville is famous for.  It does boast having the second largest street festival in the United States second only to Mardi Gras which I'm sure pretty much everyone has heard of.  I am also certain that one day straw hats and the West Side Nut Club Festival will be just as famous as beads and Mardi Gras. At least it could be if topless women would start wearing the straw hats instead of ... but I digress.  As an adult I moved all the way to Newburgh, Indiana and if you can find Evansville on an Indiana map it won't take you long to find Newburgh. That is about all you need to know about Newburgh unless of course you are a civil war era buff in which case you should know that Newburgh was the first town North of the Mason-Dixon line to be captured by Confederate forces and it was done without a shot being fired although the town was under threat of cannon fire.  

2) Why do you support The Fulham Football Club?

Because Fulham Football Club called to me.  Called to you you say?  Yes that is what I said. If you don't believe me go back and read the first sentence. No, wait don't do that because if you don't trust me you could get caught in an endless loop so just this one time trust me about what I said.  Fulham Football Club called to me. From all the way over here (or there if you don't happen to be sitting in England as you read this)?  Yes FFC called to me from way over there but not at first and here is where I insert the "this is a sappy you should move on story warning" along with the "this story will contain the use of the word soccer" warning.  

Didn't move on?  Oh well, don't say you weren't warned.  Let the tale continue.   I came to soccer (hush you were warned) like many American parents through my kids.  The older ones played in recreational leagues and had fun doing so. I was glad to remain blissfully ignorant about the game for the most part with my oldest two.  Somewhere along the line I found some interest and started to help coach my youngest sons team and then coaching some little kids including my youngest daughter.  Keep in mind this spans a long period of time from oldest kids to youngest.  It had been over a decade and I had invested time in learning the rules and liked the game at this point and I had gotten involved in the league.  When my youngest began playing from day one she was that kid. If you have coached youth sports for any length of time at all you know the one I am talking about.  Anyway, we got to the end of one of the seasons a couple of years down the road and she was bouncing about this "free skills camp" one of the parents mentioned their kid was going to. The next thing I know my seven year old daughter was on a field scrimmaging with nine year old girls who had been training for half a year and not looking one bit out of place and then I have a coach telling me that if she has the patience for it I should spend some time watching professional matches with her for as long as she is willing to sit still for it.  

So now if I am going to do this I have to pick a team for us to watch because the game has pulled me far enough in that I really need a rooting interest. As I am sorting through professional leagues trying to pick a league to follow I find out I can get access to both the MLS and English Premier League  (don't mock me that is what all the press here calls it and I didn't know better until Finn summarily corrected me god rest his soul) on a regular basis.  I picked a team from each league to follow, however, since we are discussing Fulham I will ignore the MLS team selection.  My first inclination was to pick my favorite USMNT player in the Prem and follow their team.  Had I followed my first instinct, I would have selected Everton as my team since I was, and still am, a huge fan of Timmmmmy! I pushed that first instinct aside deciding that with player movement being so high I needed a better set of criteria for picking a team.  The process went something like this:

1. If I ever get to travel to England what is the city I want to spend the most time in?  Easy answer was London and the London clubs that year were Arsenal, Fulham, Tottenham and West Ham.
2. Which clubs, if any, do you find a reason not to like? I could never pull for a team commonly called the Cheats so West Ham was gone leaving Arsenal, Fulham and Tottenham.
3. I had to drop one more and I always liked an underdog so Fulham was still in and if I am going with a front runner it will be Arsenal for the style of play so good-bye Tottenham.
4. From there I went to the forums and found Fulhamusa.com and that just felt like home. The moment I logged on the board and began reading about the club history and family atmosphere I knew I found my club. AmericanMike, ChicagoTom and the FUSA posters managed to create a little piece of Fulham for me and that was all I needed to finish setting the hook.  I have not regretted it for a single day.  Ironically, the first Fulham match I watched courtesy of Fox Soccer Channel, I think, was the 2007-2008 season opening 2-1 away loss to Arsenal.  Maybe one day I'll get there to see a live match.

3) Did you support another team before Fulham?

No, but I did adopt the Columbus Crew simultaneously.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

Well Barry, it's been said "better late then never". After all that, I'm not so sure.  :002:

BarryP

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 25, 2012, 10:53:31 PM
Well Barry, it's been said "better late then never". After all that, I'm not so sure.  :002:

Yes, but at least you can't say you weren't fairly warned.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."