News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Renaming the Riverside Stand - Al-Fayed Tribute (merged threads)

Started by zzamora, November 22, 2011, 10:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luckykat

Mitch

watfordwhite

Burt

Burt

208 signatures now.

How are we going to get the other 14,792? We need some form of incentive e.g. special sausage fry-up with Mr Fredster  :dft011:

Mitch

I can't really concentrate on any physical petitioning etc for now, but if daily spamming of twitter/TIFF/FoF etc can produce a decent amount over the new few weeks then it'd be good to discuss with someone taking it to the Cottage.
I don't know if a form of flyering with a link to the petition would be an option, or whether an actual petition to be signed at the ground would be possible?
Suggestions welcome!

MrFantastic

Yes AlFayed needs his name on a stand but Pantsil needs one too he has done a lot for Fulham while playing there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

The King

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 29, 2011, 07:27:00 PM
Yes AlFayed needs his name on a stand but Pantsil needs one too he has done a lot for Fulham while playing there

My friend's a really good guy, I think he deserves one too! All he does is score own goals when we play football, but that's not important is it?

Mitch

This has gone a bit stale at 236 signatures.

Does anyone have ideas as to how we can get this back on track?

Any interested parties wanting/willing to help?

Logicalman

Quote from: Mitch on December 07, 2011, 11:09:00 AM
This has gone a bit stale at 236 signatures.

Does anyone have ideas as to how we can get this back on track?

Any interested parties wanting/willing to help?

Mitch,

Sorry, without going back across all the pages to look, where has this petition been advertised?

Perhaps the offal, FUSA, and the numerous Fulham FC sites in foreign lands?
Getting a local or national rag on board, or getting on one of the TV football shows would both provide exposure together some endorsement, perhaps.

Mitch

I've solely pushed it on here, twitter and TIFF. I'm not a member of the official messageboard, so would appreciate someones help with plugging it on there - any offers?

There has been, so far, no tangible petition or generating of interest and I imagine this would be important. I remember (I think) BTTC were allowed to set up a stall on the Stevenage Road to sign. Am I right in thinking that?

I suppose the next step would be to approach the club and ask them what form of approach they'd deem most acceptable/interesting. Tommy Guthrie is fan liaison and the lovely Sarah Brookes has signed it herself, so I guess I'll start with them.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Mitch on December 07, 2011, 04:51:30 PM
I've solely pushed it on here, twitter and TIFF. I'm not a member of the official messageboard, so would appreciate someones help with plugging it on there - any offers?

There has been, so far, no tangible petition or generating of interest and I imagine this would be important. I remember (I think) BTTC were allowed to set up a stall on the Stevenage Road to sign. Am I right in thinking that?

I suppose the next step would be to approach the club and ask them what form of approach they'd deem most acceptable/interesting. Tommy Guthrie is fan liaison and the lovely Sarah Brookes has signed it herself, so I guess I'll start with them.

Mitch, I know you are pretty active on the ol' Twitter as I follow you, it may be worth forwarding to Dave Kidd (Fulham fan and Journo), Simon Peach (Covers SW6, Southampton Fan, followed by loads of FFC lot) , Jacob Murtagh (who writes for the FulhamChronicle) even our man WhiteNoise (the patron ST of FFC, well over 2,000 followers I think) could generate a couple hundred more sigs.

Even Murphs wife, Shwarz, Moussa and Orlando Sá might give it an RT.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

ClarksOriginal

Oh and don't forget Stockdale, his Mrs, Paloma Schwarz etc.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Mitch

Moussa, Rufus, Joanna Taylor, Sarah Brookes and a few others were kind enough to retweet, plus our own White Noise.

I did message Dave Kidd and Simon Peach, but no response. I'll try again as I know they probably get a lot of spam. Will see if I can get Orlando Sa and MS to RT as they are fairly active.

I do think we need a more tangible form of letting people know ie leaflets with the link on at a match in Jan for example (I couldn't afford it this month!).