watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JOL OUT ALSO!!! (merged threads)

Started by bigalffc, December 10, 2011, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

Flipping eck! This is the first Prem away match in 4 that we've lost. Swansea have lost just once at home all season and we battered them for final 20 mins. I was actually quite positive about the game until I came on here!

Enjoyed the game and thought Ruiz and Frei both looked very good. Saw more attacking away from home than at any time under Roy.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

SG

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 11, 2011, 08:38:13 AM
Flipping eck! This is the first Prem away match in 4 that we've lost. Swansea have lost just once at home all season and we battered them for final 20 mins. I was actually quite positive about the game until I came on here!

Enjoyed the game and thought Ruiz and Frei both looked very good. Saw more attacking away from home than at any time under Roy.

Difference is Scrumpy by the sound of it you were actually at the game watching it whereas most of the Jol critics are watching from an armchair

Lighthouse

Yeah that must be it. Fulham did some great attacking moves in the first half if you were live at the ground. Only on the streams did Fulham only go forward slowly on the odd breakaway in the first half.

The tactics if you were watching at the ground was to put pressure on the Swansea team not sit back and wait for breakaways. But people watching on stream saw a dour first half and a Fulham team who made no conserted attempt to go forward until after the own goal.

So yeah watching the game live at the ground and not on a stream gives yo the wrong idea. I was never aware it gave such a wrong idea. Stats mean nothing either. One shot off target and one shot on in the first half meant watching live Jol is a master tactician. Watching on a stream made  him look a dull,cowardly tactician.  Get Coat gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Some of you just want a manager who is going to not upset and change the team.
Just want a yes man for the senior players.
Tell you what let Ray be coach and then let Bobby, Andy and Danny pick what they want.
They might all be able to get another couple of years worth of wages out of us.
As for anyone wanting Bruce as manager they need their head looked at, i suspect Megson is second choice for you.

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2011, 10:17:15 AM
Tell you what let Ray be coach and then let Bobby, Andy and Danny pick what they want.
As for anyone wanting Bruce as manager they need their head looked at, i suspect Megson is second choice for you.

What is the point of any manager in any walk of life coming in and not using the strengths of the people under his command, what is the point of trying to play "your" way when the people you are managing are not suited to that role?

Lighthouse

Some of us want a manager who looks at his side and says to himself 'yes we can win today'. Not  a manager who tells his team to make no effort in building an attack until we are behind. As a slogan to keep Jol and his duller than dull tactics. ' Who else is there?' Doesn't really make it sound he is doing a great job.

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: epsomraver on December 11, 2011, 10:21:07 AM

What is the point of any manager in any walk of life coming in and not using the strengths of the people under his command, what is the point of trying to play "your" way when the people you are managing are not suited to that role?

Could not agree more a good manager molds their tactics to the players they have until they are able to bring in "their players" . Reading back and having a look a bit further in to Ajax and Hamburg situations this is exactly what he has done before and lost the dressing room. I am not saying that player power is the way forward but neither is being a stubborn dictator.

We are at a crossroads in January. Say good bye to an ageing squad that has given us so much and give Jol a blank cheque or get rid of him before we lose the players that gave us the most successful team we have had in the Premiership.

I'm not sure I trust Jol with a blank cheque so cheerio

The Bronsons

I don't think the results have been so bad that we need to fire Jol, and on occasion (2nd half vs Man City, vs Spurs) we've looked like a very good side.

But I'm still not convinced, and above all I really don't like the snide press conferences and the digs at players via the media. If he has a problem with Zamora or anyone else I don't see how thinly-veiled public attacks are going to help. Unless, as someone says above, he's doing it to set up players to take the blame for failure.

But Graham Taylor? Seriously?  064.gif

Dan in Notts

The question for me is: are we, however slowly and with however many blips along the way, getting better?  I'm not 100% certain what my answer to that question is.  If the answer is yes, or if the answer is unclear at the moment (which is where I am on the question), my preference would be to stick with Jol for a few more games unless there's an obviously better candidate lined up, ready to come in.  Otherwise, even with someone marginally better coming in, we've got another period of short-medium term unrest ahead with the possible consequences for our league position.

If we've been as bad as we're going to be under Jol and we're 14th, then it's a slightly hairy but probably mostly rather dull season ahead, with the hope of something better next year (I'm sick of transitional seasons, but I think transitional is about as good as it's going to get this year; nevertheless, I'm happy(ish) to stick it out with the present manager if we're going in the right direction).

AlFayedsChequebook

Frankly, this is the most ridiculous thread I have seen in recent times on this board.

As has been pointed out, we lost, away from home, for the first time in three. We were not outplayed and could easily have gotten a draw.

People calling for Jol's head look to me like a bunch of whiny children. The squad is improving and moving forward - we drew with Arsenal and beat a Liverpool team on form. We have a home game that is very winnable next, as well as a chance to have a go at a flailing Manchester United. We have looked excellent at points this season (even without Zamora) and have been far more progressive on the road than in recent times.

It seems some on this board refuse to see the positives at all. It is all doom and gloom and it is all the fat dutchman's fault. Jol is the worst manager since sanchez. Lets bring in Graham Taylor. Jesus Christ, some people should take a look in the mirror and take a few deep breaths. We lost away from home, if you are not used to this by now, why are you a Fulham fan?

Jimpav

Quote from: Admin on December 10, 2011, 08:36:26 PM
I'm sorry but no manager has made this angry since Sanchez.

That's quite an easy statement to make though when we've only had two managers since Sanchez and we were very fortunate with them both. Hughes had us in a worse situation than this up until Boxing day. Under Hughes we had only won twice and only our win against Wigan was convincing. Given time though he turned it round.

epsomraver

Quote from: Jimpav on December 11, 2011, 11:38:23 AM
Quote from: Admin on December 10, 2011, 08:36:26 PM
I'm sorry but no manager has made this angry since Sanchez.

That's quite an easy statement to make though when we've only had two managers since Sanchez and we were very fortunate with them both. Hughes had us in a worse situation than this up until Boxing day. Under Hughes we had only won twice and only our win against Wigan was convincing. Given time though he turned it round.

But Hughes met with the players, listened to their concerns and things changed, JOl is too arrogant to do that.

LBNo11

...having a point of view that differs from yours is whiny AFC? Heaven forfend, we mustn't have that on a message board!

Let's form a three line whip to ensure such opinions do not see the light of day...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 11, 2011, 11:43:33 AM
...having a point of view that differs from yours is whiny AFC? Heaven forfend, we mustn't have that on a message board!

Let's form a three line whip to ensure such opinions do not see the light of day...

Yes. The people screaming for the fat dutchman's head do seem whiny.

Last time I looked, we were not in the relegation zone, had been playing well and the new players were integrating into the team.

We lose one match to a team unbeaten at home this season, and dont even lose badly, and people come back out the woodwork and moan.

It was a frustrating loss, but if you cannot hack it, I ask again, why do you support Fulham?

epsomraver

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 11, 2011, 11:47:29 AM

Last time I looked, we were not in the relegation zone, had been playing well and the new players were integrating into the team.

We lose one match to a team unbeaten at home this season, and dont even lose badly, and people come back out the woodwork and moan.

It was a frustrating loss, but if you cannot hack it, I ask again, why do you support Fulham?

Because there has been a team long before you were a twinkle in your dad's eye and a lot on here have been supporting them through thick and a hell of a lot of thin,  don't insult people just because you don't like their point of view. Fulham have become boring to watch, no individual skills any more , boring possession all the time, so lucky Monday night, but they are Fulham a team I have supported for nearly 50 years. I don't like the way we we are playing but that does not make  me any less a supporter

LBNo11

...AFC, obviously in your eyes I don't, you have made your mind up that anyone who sees things differently is a whining person and should not be in your eyes a fan of Fulham.

Your opinion.

I will say on a personal level that I have probably seen more crap teams and managers than you have, yet I still go to games, I still shout for my team, irrespective how we play, and still feel free to air my views, whether positive or negative post match.

If you cannot hack that - why do you look at posts that differ from your opinions.

By the way, I have not at any points asked for his head, or asked for him to be sacked, I am expressing my unhappiness of performances of a team that Jol manages, but read it how you want...

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on December 11, 2011, 12:00:29 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 11, 2011, 11:47:29 AM

Because there has been a team long before you were a twinkle in your dad's eye and a lot on here have been supporting them through thick and a hell of a lot of thin,  don't insult people just because you don't like their point of view. Fulham have become boring to watch, no individual skills any more , boring possession all the time, so lucky Monday night, but they are Fulham a team I have supported for nearly 50 years. I don't like the way we we are playing but that does not me any less a supporter

So many know it all olds on here. Congratulations, you were born before me, that doesn't mean you are automatically right.

People are welcome to criticise Jol, but have some perspective. You make it sound as though this is Fulham's lowest ebb?

In actual fact we are simply underperforming in the league whilst changing the team.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 11, 2011, 12:05:18 PM
...AFC, obviously in your eyes I don't, you have made your mind up that anyone who sees things differently is a whining person and should not be in your eyes a fan of Fulham.

Your opinion.

I will say on a personal level that I have probably seen more crap teams and managers than you have, yet I still go to games, I still shout for my team, irrespective how we play, and still feel free to air my views, whether positive or negative post match.

If you cannot hack that - why do you look at posts that differ from your opinions.

By the way, I have not at any points asked for his head, or asked for him to be sacked, I am expressing my unhappiness of performances of a team that Jol manages, but read it how you want...

Again, you are putting words in my mouth.

Nowhere have I said that you cannot criticise Jol, I have simply said that to ignore all the positives and claim that Fulham are in crisis and this is the worst team ever etc etc makes people sound like whiny petulant children.

LBNo11

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 11, 2011, 12:07:49 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on December 11, 2011, 12:05:18 PM

Your opinion.

Again, you are putting words in my mouth.

Nowhere have I said that you cannot criticise Jol, I have simply said that to ignore all the positives and claim that Fulham are in crisis and this is the worst team ever etc etc makes people sound like whiny petulant children.

...I fail to see how I am putting words into your mouth? Anyway, happy for you that you can see all those positives, and sad that you think that people expressing concerns are whiny children.

My final comment as I'd hate to appear to be whining...

Lighthouse

Under Jol we waited until we were losing against Spuds AND Man City before we started to play. In fact other than QPR that has been his only tactic. Try and defend and soak up pressure and attack on the break. If we get lucky like the Wigan game we are fine.

I don't want to see a talented side wait to see what happens. People keep telling me that we are no worse than last season. Well with the money paid out for players and players not wanting to play, I am not sure how true that is. Let Jol manage and sod the old guard is another refrain. Fine but if the tactic of not going forward and the fact we play to none of our players strength means watching this Fulham side under perform. What are the 'positives' Jol has brought to the table?