https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads - UTD V FULHAM MATCHDAY (NIGHT) THREAD

Started by DevonFFC, January 26, 2013, 04:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gozorich

A
Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on January 26, 2013, 07:16:00 PM
We need creativity then berba will shine he has no service at all and he is doing the work of our midfielders where he should be up front scoring.
Rodders is terrible championship quality at best lazy columbian nail
Are you really serious about Berbatov? He doesn't give a rats about any body other than himself; I honestly can't think of a worse signing for Fulham for years.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on January 26, 2013, 07:24:00 PM
We need to dig deep and survive this season and clear out 50% of the team and rebuild with youth our team is aging and past it.

and why on earth do you believe that the 1/2 of the team to be dumped @ the end of the season would bother now to "dig deep & survive"
If they are that useless & demotivated then they won't bother,just take the pay cheque & hope to move on
What IS required is Jol to get a grip,prove he has some man management abilities & act to get us out of this mess - there is next week to actually achieve something as far as new signings
To reorganise,enthuse,direct,manage,motivate & provide some competition for places
To prove why MAF & the Board beleived he was the messiah,the chosen one
No one realistically expected us to get anything from today (although one can always hope)
So the games against West Ham & Norwich have huge significance
Unfortunately there is no time now to dump Jol - we have to stick with him
If he can perform a rescue act then it may be enough to keep him on
However,jury still out on that
I am a thunderstorm,I want warriors not just lovers - well bl##dy well DO something man!

IranianCottager

Dejagah was by far Fulham's best player, even though he only played 20 minutes...

Since he came on the right-wing got involved and Fulham started playing with more energy and purpose going forward. He also had a few shots and won a couple corners.

Duff and Kacaniklic were both very poor.

Humbled

Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 26, 2013, 07:26:14 PM
Quote from: Humbled on January 26, 2013, 07:16:49 PM
Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 26, 2013, 07:13:34 PM
The problem with a striker is theres not much he can do without decent service. Sidwell and Baird were awful today, they're just not good enough.

2 things....

1, when Sidwell and karagounis been getting MOTM last few games we still havent seen anything from our attackers

2, we dont have a STRIKER!!!!!

Kara has been good, but he's been getting MOTM for basically showing passion and work men like performances and a couple of wonder goals. In terms of build up play Kara, Sidwell and Baird offer nothing when breaking down defences.

Ruiz and Berba are this type of player. 1 or the other OR play both more less free roaming deep behind a STRIKER. Bored now anyway, I'm not the manager.

itombomb

Quote from: IranianCottager on January 26, 2013, 07:50:40 PM
Dejagah was by far Fulham's best player, even though he only played 20 minutes...

Since he came on the right-wing got involved and Fulham started playing with more energy and purpose going forward. He also had a few shots and won a couple corners.

Duff and Kacaniklic were both very poor.
I think Duff is just finished physically, been playing top level football for 15 years and it has just caught up with him.

Kaca actively looked disinterested at times, wasn't making the runs he was early in the season.

Even if we get more dynamic in the centre of midfield, we'll need to play with real pace out wide to compensate for the relative lack of pace from Berba and Ruiz.

A Humble Man

We do not look like a team, we could not even get together in the tunnel.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

St Eve

Let's be honest we have the oldest bloody team in the world. We have to rebuild, but money needs to be freed up and it isn't. Not suggesting we do a Pompey or Leeds, but you have to spend to stay in the premiership. All the clubs around us are. Villa might be the exception, but they were my pick at the beginning of the season to go down.
If you have thoughts of top 5 or 6 like Spurs you have to spend big money and they do. Gave us 22 million and it is still in the bank

Humbled

It's like the team have been told that anytime they get the ball they must have a vision of Berba's undergarment against Southampton and do exactly what it says or be put in the under 21's and not spoken to again for the rest of their contract

On at least 3 occasions Ruiz got the ball in a nice position and decided to go sideways or even backwards to Berba despite players in front being in better positions.
When they get the ball they look almost uncomfortable like its find Berba or else. Maybe the pressure of playing with such a comfortable on the ball player, I don't know

BillNRoc

Terrible on offense, terrible on defense. No shots on goal from open play...again. It's hard to believe these are the same players who looked so good in the first 1/4 of the season, they now appear to have zero ideas how to create chances and close to zero organization at the back to deny the opponent chances.

Based on current form, WHam could bludgeon us on Wednesday, and Man U must surely be looking forward to next weekend. The way things are going, I would welcome 1 point vs WHam and another 1 vs Norwich; Stoke should bully this lot off the pitch in half an hour. We are awful, but we may still avoid the drop; QPR and Villa are probably no better, and we only need one of Wigan, Reading, Newcastle and Norwich to stay/slip below us. There really are two divisions in the BPL this year, and we're established in the crap division.

St Eve

And West ham must be full of confidence after there 5 - 1 thrashing!

chiefo

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 26, 2013, 08:54:15 PM
We do not look like a team, we could not even get together in the tunnel.
My thoughts on that also. Looked a right old rabble. You could see from that we were not up for it.

" Oi gaffer, do we really have to ?"

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: St Eve on January 26, 2013, 09:46:55 PM
And West ham must be full of confidence after there 5 - 1 thrashing!

but you can imagine that Big Sam will "motivate" them to make a positive response...
and of course,guess what,it's time to play Fulham who seem always to be over generous to the team that struggles,the forward that can't score,the defense that can't stop conceeding goals etc etc
We can of course have faith in MJ not to let this affect our team & ensure that we bag the 3 points - we can can't we?
Surely....
Warriors & Lovers unite

Wingnut

Just back in the door from an incredibly disappointing day out. One the fun side, it was nice to chat with some fellow Fulham fans, few drinks etc and the thrill of the day was the landing in Dublin tonight, as the pilot had to do a go-around. :yay: The wind was pretty strong to be fair! I spent the flight talking to a Carlisle United fan from Ireland who goes to most home games from Shannon in Ireland. He drives from Shannon to Dublin, which is well over 3 hours, flies to Manchester, gets the train from Manchester to Carlisle (2 hours) and does the opposite trip back, in the same day. He spoke very highly of us as a club.

Apart from that it was an extraordinarily disappointing performance. I don't mind spending money following the team home and away when the teams puts in a respectable shift but that performance today was abysmal. The whole team looked completely disinterested and disjointed. I am dreading Wednesday night and don't even get me started about next Saturday. Big Sam will be thanking God that he has us next on current form.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

zander

Quote from: Wingnut on January 27, 2013, 12:57:15 AM
Just back in the door from an incredibly disappointing day out. One the fun side, it was nice to chat with some fellow Fulham fans, few drinks etc and the thrill of the day was the landing in Dublin tonight, as the pilot had to do a go-around. :yay: The wind was pretty strong to be fair! I spent the flight talking to a Carlisle United fan from Ireland who goes to most home games from Shannon in Ireland. He drives from Shannon to Dublin, which is well over 3 hours, flies to Manchester, gets the train from Manchester to Carlisle (2 hours) and does the opposite trip back, in the same day. He spoke very highly of us as a club.

Apart from that it was an extraordinarily disappointing performance. I don't mind spending money following the team home and away when the teams puts in a respectable shift but that performance today was abysmal. The whole team looked completely disinterested and disjointed. I am dreading Wednesday night and don't even get me started about next Saturday. Big Sam will be thanking God that he has us next on current form.

065.gif

A shame you paid to endure that.