watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol has no excuses

Started by JackyFulham90, July 26, 2013, 09:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

If there is a transfer embargo and Jol can't any more new players i expect he'll go himself. After last summers tranfer debuncale with Dembele and Dempsey, then having to make do with all the loans in the Jan window, i doubt he'll put up with the club Fxxxxxx up again.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

He would leave fingernail marks on his office door! where would he go? who would want him?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: epsomraver on July 27, 2013, 10:06:13 AM
He would leave fingernail marks on his office door! where would he go? who would want him?

.................and the odd bite mark

Alexi

What's the point of attracting big name players if they don't perform? Roy may not have attracted the big names but the team still performed exceptionally well without them, much better than we performed last season.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2013, 11:47:11 PM
I will honour my promise not to be critical of Jol until Christmas. After all he hasn't actually done anything yet. We have played the same way in friendly games but now we may bring in players of a better calibre.

However making comments that Jol attracts a better class of player than our other managers has yet to be proved. Otherwise we have to say he has fallen out with a few as well. But then there is always excuses for Jol by those who don't see anything wrong with the dullest of seasons we had to endure last year or put it down to losing players that was out of his control.

So the point still is this. Jol has been with us for a few seasons. I haven't enjoyed his style of football even in the season before last. I hope Jol manages to bring a spark to the side and actually attack sides this year. With the addition of one or two players he may be able to. But as we have learned many times before. Big names from abroad do not ALWAYS make it in the Prem. So let's wait and see.

Re the opening line ................. a tenner says no chance of that happening. Or, in aid of FoF funds a tenner from whoever capitulates first. I made my point in letters 35m high on an Azorean beach but I doubt anyone will take any notice.
I remember the Norwich away game. Voted the worst game since they played Walsall about a decade before by their fans. I wonder if that's yet another trophy or just a certificate?

kiwiwaka

Quote from: Brown@FFC on July 27, 2013, 12:53:42 AM
If there is no improvement in football in the first two months, Jol will be gone. I don't think Khan will be taking any sh1t from him.

Would be totally foolish my Khan. Needs at least until January to even evaluate things under a new owner. I hope we offer him a new deal.

epsomraver

just what has a new owner got to do with how we play? oh yes, another excuse for Jol to roll out when we lose yet again!

Tonywa

Roy was a great organiser and made us far more difficult to beat, but I don't think we would have seen a Dembele or a Berbatov under his stewardship.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: kiwiwaka on July 27, 2013, 11:09:44 AM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on July 27, 2013, 12:53:42 AM
If there is no improvement in football in the first two months, Jol will be gone. I don't think Khan will be taking any sh1t from him.

Would be totally foolish my Khan. Needs at least until January to even evaluate things under a new owner. I hope we offer him a new deal.

After the football we played most of last season, I'm still not happy with Jol, however, we must sign some more players, just 2 are needed, and if we get them, hopefully Osvaldo and Gargano, we should see a improvement in football.

alfie

It does not mater one little bit what Jol does, i am afraid on here some people will never change their attitudes, i never liked the style of play that Roy employed, in my opinion he was and is still all about defense, but it did not mean he should not be here because i did not like it. Still it is all and should be all about opinions, and all opinion whether you agree with them or not should and MUST be respected.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

I think your find Jol has plenty of excuses when needed. None involving him of course.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: alfie on July 27, 2013, 02:46:30 PM
It does not mater one little bit what Jol does, i am afraid on here some people will never change their attitudes, i never liked the style of play that Roy employed, in my opinion he was and is still all about defense, but it did not mean he should not be here because i did not like it. Still it is all and should be all about opinions, and all opinion whether you agree with them or not should and MUST be respected.

I know that this is some kind of sacred mantra for some on here but, with all respect, are all opinions to be respected? Hitler's? Apartheid's? Those of your religious fanatic of choice? Those who wish to put down groups in our society such as women?

Similarly opinions about football ought to be justifiable: the assumptions on which they are based need to be true and the arguments sound. If either of these are not the case then they ought to be challenged. We need less respect for opinions and more for truth.

Lighthouse

One mans truth is just good propaganda. Unless truth is undeniable then we would all believe in the same truth. But we don't. Listening to people who have opinions and desires that are alien to us is the only way we will understand why people want to kill us.

In football truth is whoever you support. I don't have to agree with you but I should be able to communicate with you. If you only believe in one truth you have to know there are several versions of it, depending on where you stand. Stand in the World or sit in a football ground.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 27, 2013, 11:16:01 PM
One mans truth is just good propaganda. Unless truth is undeniable then we would all believe in the same truth. But we don't. Listening to people who have opinions and desires that are alien to us is the only way we will understand why people want to kill us.

In football truth is whoever you support. I don't have to agree with you but I should be able to communicate with you. If you only believe in one truth you have to know there are several versions of it, depending on where you stand. Stand in the World or sit in a football ground.

Of course you should listen. Of course you should respond politely. Of course there isn't one truth on all matters. Of course some matters will have to be opinion because, for example, there are no agreed measures for determining that one player is better than another or that a manager is good or bad.

However, if an opinion is proclaimed on the basis of something that can be shown to be incorrect or when the argument does not make sense then this needs to be pointed out rather than `respected'.

Bassey the warrior

Truth is only propaganda when it is used unjustifiably. If something is indeed true it is undeniable.

Bassey the warrior

Whether he will have any excuses remains to be seen, if there's an injury crisis or god forbid we do get transfer sanctions against us there's a ready made excuse.
However if we add more players then it will be his own team and he has to take responsibility for that. Khan would do well to leave the footballing decisions to footballing people though and not succumb to temptation, i.e. sacking him within a few months.

Jol will have an excuse if he is given no money in the remainder of this transfer window because even his harshest critics would find it hard to justify that the losses from midfield need to be replaced.

p.s. of course I don't think we will be in this situation but it is one scenario where Jol would have a fair excuse

Jeroen

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 28, 2013, 12:18:11 AM
Jol will have an excuse if he is given no money in the remainder of this transfer window because even his harshest critics would find it hard to justify that the losses from midfield need to be replaced.

p.s. of course I don't think we will be in this situation but it is one scenario where Jol would have a fair excuse

Like last season when he was not really given much money to spend and had to do with loan deals!!!!

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Moose on July 27, 2013, 11:50:24 PM

Truth is only propaganda when it is used unjustifiably. If something is indeed true it is undeniable.

But all truth in deniable. Religion, politics, sexual orientation are all true to people who will fight and die for their truth. They will die because other people have a different truth and will fight and die for their truth. Otherwise we wouldn't have wars etc. Yes I know I have gone off topic a shade. But I am true to myself  :Get Coat gif:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 28, 2013, 12:32:43 AM
Quote from: The Moose on July 27, 2013, 11:50:24 PM

But all truth in deniable. Religion, politics, sexual orientation are all true to people who will fight and die for their truth. They will die because other people have a different truth and will fight and die for their truth. Otherwise we wouldn't have wars etc. Yes I know I have gone off topic a shade. But I am true to myself  :Get Coat gif:

What kind of truths do you mean? To me all of those things are about beliefs rather than truths. Truths are scientific and objective.