watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In talks with Australian striker !

Started by Riversider, June 18, 2014, 01:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Sorry if this has already been reported.
Fulham are apparently in advanced talks to sign Australian striker Adam Taggart from Newcastle Jets.
23 years old and 6ft tall, Adam is currently out in Brazil with the Australian squad.

fulhamben

it would be typical fulham, fail in bid for a good striker, then follow it up with a total unheard of
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Riversider

He's playing at The World Cup FFS, how is he unheard of ?
I bet you'd heard of Darren Bent and never heard of Louis Saha .

fulhamben

Quote from: Riversider on June 18, 2014, 01:55:31 PM
can you name me 8 players from south korea, iran and algeria?

Lighthouse

I think we could do with a couple of strikers so it may not be an either or situation. Especially as the Leeds striker and the Jets striker are not in the same mould at all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 18, 2014, 02:01:10 PM
I think we could do with a couple of strikers so it may not be an either or situation. Especially as the Leeds striker and the Jets striker are not in the same mould at all.

If we plan on losing Mitro and Rodallega you're right. Only got Woodrow and Dembele left so we may benefit from 2 if not 3 new strikers.

BarryP

Quote from: fulhamben on June 18, 2014, 01:57:58 PM

The question isn't if we can identify players from those countries. The question is can the Fulham scouting network identify players from those countires that are worth signing.  Dejagah has certainly done well and there may be a few others who could do a job for Fulham.  The unknown isn't always that scary if you just get to know it.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

fulhamben

Quote from: BarryP on June 18, 2014, 02:21:40 PM

The question isn't if we can identify players from those countries. The question is can the Fulham scouting network identify players from those countires that are worth signing.  Dejagah has certainly done well and there may be a few others who could do a job for Fulham.  The unknown isn't always that scary if you just get to know it.
hey i prefer the unknowns as normally there is a chance that they might suprise us unlike some of the crap we buy that know will be pants. my point is riversider claims he is not unheard of because he is at the world cup. so buy that theory he should know all of the players from every team. ive asked for just 8 each from 3 of them.

shnlwswlkr

Is he a starter for Australia? They're on a 1700.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Black, White and Fred

Park? That must be 8
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

fulhamben

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on June 18, 2014, 02:52:03 PM

Park? That must be 8
lol

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on June 18, 2014, 02:27:39 PM

The question isn't if we can identify players from those countries. The question is can the Fulham scouting network identify players from those countires that are worth signing.  Dejagah has certainly done well and there may be a few others who could do a job for Fulham.  The unknown isn't always that scary if you just get to know it.
hey i prefer the unknowns as normally there is a chance that they might suprise us unlike some of the crap we buy that know will be pants. my point is riversider claims he is not unheard of because he is at the world cup. so buy that theory he should know all of the players from every team. ive asked for just 8 each from 3 of them.

That's some really stretchy logic.

On the otherhand, it's pretty obvious that he's not unheard of. The press have heard of him. It appears very likely that Fulham have heard of him. I'd wager that all of the A-League watching Aussies have heard of him. And, if he actually makes it onto the field in Brazil, most of those watching will have heard of him. There's hardly any requirement that Mr Riversider knows of him, or every player on every team in the World Cup for that matter, to make a claim that young Taggart is not an unheard of player.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 18, 2014, 03:09:30 PM

On the otherhand, it's pretty obvious that he's not unheard of. The press have heard of him. It appears very likely that Fulham have heard of him. I'd wager that all of the A-League watching Aussies have heard of him. And, if he actually makes it onto the field in Brazil, most of those watching will have heard of him. There's hardly any requirement that Mr Riversider knows of him, or every player on every team in the World Cup for that matter, to make a claim that young Taggart is not an unheard of player.
99% of the english population wouldnt have heard of him though. did he even get a run out the other day

TrexFFC

We've been linked to this guy and Ross McCormack now.  We're linked to a guy that has had experience in the Championship and a guy with high upside but we don't know what we would get exactly.  I think this is honestly a positive.  I've been seeing comments about getting a guy who is proven in the Championship and getting someone who has nice potential to be good for us. I'm happy because to me it shows our scouting is looking at many different avenues to bring in players.

Lighthouse

Quote from: TrexFFC on June 18, 2014, 03:16:22 PM
We've been linked to this guy and Ross McCormack now.  We're linked to a guy that has had experience in the Championship and a guy with high upside but we don't know what we would get exactly.  I think this is honestly a positive.  I've been seeing comments about getting a guy who is proven in the Championship and getting someone who has nice potential to be good for us. I'm happy because to me it shows our scouting is looking at many different avenues to bring in players.

At this stage I think that is the only way to look at it. We seem to be looking for up and comers from many leagues instead of old creaky names that 5 years ago were good. Has to be the way to go now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 18, 2014, 03:21:45 PM
We've been linked to this guy and Ross McCormack now.  We're linked to a guy that has had experience in the Championship and a guy with high upside but we don't know what we would get exactly.  I think this is honestly a positive.  I've been seeing comments about getting a guy who is proven in the Championship and getting someone who has nice potential to be good for us. I'm happy because to me it shows our scouting is looking at many different avenues to bring in players.

At this stage I think that is the only way to look at it. We seem to be looking for up and comers from many leagues instead of old creaky names that 5 years ago were good. Has to be the way to go now.
should have been the way years ago.

twang

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 18, 2014, 03:21:45 PM
We've been linked to this guy and Ross McCormack now.  We're linked to a guy that has had experience in the Championship and a guy with high upside but we don't know what we would get exactly.  I think this is honestly a positive.  I've been seeing comments about getting a guy who is proven in the Championship and getting someone who has nice potential to be good for us. I'm happy because to me it shows our scouting is looking at many different avenues to bring in players.

Generally I agree, but I don't really see the point of signing promising 20-ish strikers when we've got Woodrow, Dembele and (at least for now) Trotta.

General

Quote from: fulhamben on June 18, 2014, 01:52:53 PM
it would be typical fulham, fail in bid for a good striker, then follow it up with a total unheard of

To be honest most players we sign unless they have a notable career in the premiership are unheard of.

Hangeland? riether? Dejagah? Erik Nevland? Brian McBride? Dempsey? etc the list is endless.

Let's be honest and realise that we're all ignorant when it comes to football up to a certain point.

Even if you were really into it and football was your profession it would be impossible to know all the players of quality out there. That's why you have multiple scouts. Only the top clubs can consistently go out and buy well known players. The rest are created due to their growth professionally or exposure through live games. That's one of the huge benefits of the world cup.

That Ayat player who played for Ghana and is apparently on Chelseas book and spent time at Anderlecht looked like a real steal (although needs to improve his shooting accuracy and final ball a lot). He reminded me of a Bale/Sterling comparison.

Aaron

Quote from: fulhamben on June 18, 2014, 03:13:47 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 18, 2014, 03:09:30 PM

99% of the english population wouldnt have heard of him though. did he even get a run out the other day

99% of Manchester United fans have probably never heard of Ross McCormick..  If we're going to be doing any good business it's going to be mostly with unknowns, if they were household names they wouldn't be coming to us.

FFC1987

I've asked the club to do a poll on their website to meet the fans criteria of players we should buy/sign. It's simply, 'have you heard of him'. If we get 50% or more, we sign, if under, he's a write off. Flawless plan.