https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on January 20, 2017, 12:44:44 PM
Quote from: Bracken White on January 20, 2017, 11:37:09 AM
Would be interesting to see where RMcC would fit in to the present system. I think it would have to be co-striker as our fluid midfield is working well, and he's most certainly not a CF. However, a quality player in my book, who knows Jokanovic well of course - so a sound addition to the squad.
You say it would be interesting to see him in the current system and as a co-striker. Well we dont really have that role in the current system so it would mean changing the system dont you?

On the left where Piazon plays. Ayite or Aluko on the other wing. We dont play both wing forwards as out and out wingers anyway so it could work. I can see Ross cutting in and smashing a few from edge of the box.

Can he do the dirty work Piazon does and resist wondering out of position? I guess thats more debateable. But the left is the only position id take him as a starter. He cant cut in from the right so its left of Martin and 2nd choice striker.

We shouldnt be changing this system for anyone new coming in!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

sarnian

Quote from: HamsterWheel on January 20, 2017, 12:40:24 PM
Just on Sky

FULHAM BACK IN FOR CISSE
Fulham have launched a second bid of £2.2m for Standard Liege midfielder Ibrahima Cisse, according to Sky sources.
The Belgian club, who value Cisse at close to £3m, are understood to be considering the offer.
However, the Cottagers are preparing to move on other targets if this latest offer for Cisse is rejected.

This was old news 2 days ago and second bid was rejected. Sky are so desperate to print something that they keep regurgitating days old news. Also no way would McCormack fit into our present system and even he has missed penalties this season.

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 20, 2017, 12:50:38 PM
Would be interesting to see where RMcC would fit in to the present system. I think it would have to be co-striker as our fluid midfield is working well, and he's most certainly not a CF. However, a quality player in my book, who knows Jokanovic well of course - so a sound addition to the squad.
You say it would be interesting to see him in the current system and as a co-striker. Well we dont really have that role in the current system so it would mean changing the system dont you?

On the left where Piazon plays. Ayite or Aluko on the other wing. We dont play both wing forwards as out and out wingers anyway so it could work. I can see Ross cutting in and smashing a few from edge of the box.

Can he do the dirty work Piazon does and resist wondering out of position? I guess thats more debateable. But the left is the only position id take him as a starter. He cant cut in from the right so its left of Martin and 2nd choice striker.

So what your saying is once hes worked off that belly he currently has and then gets himself match fit and up to speed with the way we play (while also agreeing a pay rise in this time for whatever reason) we could see him pulling the strings in ...late April?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on January 20, 2017, 12:54:06 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 20, 2017, 12:50:38 PM

So what your saying is once hes worked off that belly he currently has and then gets himself match fit and up to speed with the way we play (while also agreeing a pay rise in this time for whatever reason) we could see him pulling the strings in ...late April?

If thats the case then he doesnt deserve any club. We are in January so surely he's fit and in shape? The club will be looking into these things anyway, cant see it happening unless the club are confident he is ready now.

And as we all know with gossip, it might not even happen. He's a better player than Piazon, Smith and Woodrow so if fit he automatically makes us have more depth.

Edit- do we actually play that fast? Other than Fred there aren't many with blistering pace. Its more speed of the brain and Ross has that doesn't he?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Woolly Mammoth

It's also the speed of the passing and letting the ball do the work. We are very good at ten yard balls to feet, pass that ball and keep moving as they say, or give and go. One reason why we are quick with our passing movements, is because our players support the man on the ball very quickly. If you watch tomorrow hopefully you will see as many as three Fulham players supporting our man on the ball, plus when the opponent has the ball we hunt in packs, so inevitably the match is played at our tempo.
Part of Arsenals success who have a similiar system of play as Fulham. Is that a lot of their training program includes one and two touch passing movements at high speed, they carry this out all the time in their training sessions that is why when Arsenal are on song and playing this way, they are easy on the eye and whether you like it or not can play the best passing football in the Country, mesmerising opponents whether they are at home or far away, and Fulham and Jok appear to have adopted the same philosophy.
That is why it sometimes appears to an onlooker that there are more than 11 Fulham players on the pitch, so if that applies what must Fulham's opponents feel as they are being dragged out of position and dragged across the the length and width of the pitch  ⚽️⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Aldo

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 19, 2017, 08:17:12 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on January 19, 2017, 07:53:55 PM
Mince  , Ross would make it 4 "Scots" iin the side with cairney, Martin and Macdonald if he does come back. The whites have never had that many before in one Fulham side !
Cairney and Martin aren't really Scottish though. Jack Grimmer is another one who is Scottish

Not to mention the other two Scotts Parker & Malone!

Mince n Tatties

Karem Frei signs for Birmingham.
Three n half year deal.

Sir Craven

Kerim Frei ‏@KerimFrei21  1m1 minute ago
More
I'm happy to announce that i've signed for Birmingham City on a three and a half year deal.... https://www.instagram.com/p/BPfTUKvjG7C/

f321ffc

Quote from: river phoenix on January 20, 2017, 12:47:52 PM
Quote from: HamsterWheel on January 20, 2017, 12:40:24 PM
Just on Sky

FULHAM BACK IN FOR CISSE
Fulham have launched a second bid of £2.2m for Standard Liege midfielder Ibrahima Cisse, according to Sky sources.
The Belgian club, who value Cisse at close to £3m, are understood to be considering the offer.
However, the Cottagers are preparing to move on other targets if this latest offer for Cisse is rejected.

Sky and their sources...  fp.gif

They are kinda 5 days late with this `news`.

Must be a slow news day. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

DevonFFC

If taking ross means They can sign rhodes then I I say leave him there.  They are getting a better end of the deal imo

FulhamStu

If all our players are fit, Ayite Cairney and Aluko are our 3 behind Martin.  McCormack could fill a roll of understudy to Cairney but does not do the grafting of Ayite or Aluko so would not be a like for like replacement and could damage the current set up.  Piazon on the other hand is a grafter as well as good enough player technically.   Would also add that I think McCormack needs games to get match fit, by that I mean I don't think he is a bench warmer as he needs the mileage to get and keep up to speed, so for me, we should move on and forget McCormack.

Holders

In all this debate over someone who left for pastures greener, no-one has mentioned cost. We sold him for reputedly £12m back in the summer* - how much less do those who want him back think that Villa would accept a few months later?

Further, I can't believe that at £12m or whatever he'd be as good as someone else who might cost less than that who'd be better suited to our system as it is now and either complement Chrissy or offer an alternative in approach.

* presumably that was a smaller up-front fee plus add-ons which might not have kicked in.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cmg

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 17, 2017, 08:36:02 PM
How many Loanees can we have??

Looking at the Regs, I believe the position as far as the Championship is concerned is:

1. You can have as many loans as you like BUT
2. You can't have more than 5 on a match day squad sheet.
3. You can actually have as many as 4 from one club "of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23."
Certainly Piazon (22) is within this limit (- so that Diago Costa loan can go ahead).

Seriously, I would prefer, at this stage of our development, that we went for permanent deals for players we are confident in.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Holders on January 20, 2017, 03:38:40 PM
In all this debate over someone who left for pastures greener, no-one has mentioned cost. We sold him for reputedly £12m back in the summer* - how much less do those who want him back think that Villa would accept a few months later?

Further, I can't believe that at £12m or whatever he'd be as good as someone else who might cost less than that who'd be better suited to our system as it is now and either complement Chrissy or offer an alternative in approach.

* presumably that was a smaller up-front fee plus add-ons which might not have kicked in.

I want him on loan. I dont think anyone will pay anywhere near that for him now. There best chance is loan him out, hope his stock rises again with a successful 2nd half of season. Then claw back as much of it as they can. But they will make a loss no matter what.

If we did resign him now I dont think he's worth more than 6 million.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Lighthouse

Quote from: Sir Craven on January 20, 2017, 02:14:01 PM
Kerim Frei ‏@KerimFrei21  1m1 minute ago
More
I'm happy to announce that i've signed for Birmingham City on a three and a half year deal.... https://www.instagram.com/p/BPfTUKvjG7C/

Interesting to see how he gets on. Very lightweight for the Championship or at least was when he was here. May have toughened up even if he hasn't grown.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

f321ffc

Loads of rumours that Ross Mc is at Motspur park on Twitter.

Graeme Banyard‏ @gpbanyard

Ross McCormack is currently at Fulham training ground.However,may just be to watch his son football training there.Make of it what you will!
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

Villa give up on Rhodes as Boro want budge from 9million asking price.

Pie and mash

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 20, 2017, 04:16:36 PM
Quote from: Holders on January 20, 2017, 03:38:40 PM

I want him on loan. I dont think anyone will pay anywhere near that for him now. There best chance is loan him out, hope his stock rises again with a successful 2nd half of season. Then claw back as much of it as they can. But they will make a loss no matter what.
T
If we did resign him now I dont think he's worth more than 6 million.
I heard that villa paid almost all upfront
Every day is a Fulham day