https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 25, 2017, 04:43:11 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2017, 04:25:12 PM
Come on Fulham let's get cracking 6 days left.
Villa another 2 into day,Wolves another.
Hope were not waiting till last day to waste another 7 million on imports.
By 'Imports' are you suggesting that we have to buy from within the country?

Think for our push on we need Championship players of experience, don't want our fingers burnt again like the money spent on Kebano and Jozabed.

EJL

rvFFC

Quote from: EJL on January 25, 2017, 05:05:45 PM
Still think Kebano will come good.

Agree as well, I never really had understood how he was frozen out of the squad completely for a while.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2017, 05:02:28 PM

Think for our push on we need Championship players of experience, don't want our fingers burnt again like the money spent on Kebano and Jozabed.

Remember the last time we signed experienced championship players. We finished 20th.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on January 25, 2017, 05:10:54 PM

Remember the last time we signed experienced championship players. We finished 20th.

And if you had your way we'd be non league with a team of weak Spanish imports who get blown over in the wind..lol

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2017, 05:32:18 PM

And if you had your way we'd be non league with a team of weak Spanish imports who get blown over in the wind..lol

I am just realistic, there is better value to be had working the overseas markets than buying from England.
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on January 25, 2017, 05:50:21 PM

I am just realistic, there is better value to be had working the overseas markets than buying from England.

But your not realistic, Mince is right, it makes more sense to buy in England for lots of reason. Too many soft imports from abroad who want three months minimum to settle, some cannot even understand English, cannot tackle, complain of the cold and have no heart pumping in their chest, wear gloves when it's 50 degree Fahrenheit. If you look hard, there are plenty of fish in the sea in Englands Divisions. The club must remember its roots.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2017, 06:00:08 PM

But your not realistic, Mince is right, it makes more sense to buy in England for lots of reason. Too many soft imports from abroad who want three months minimum to settle, some cannot even understand English, cannot tackle, complain of the cold and have no heart pumping in their chest, wear gloves when it's 50 degree Fahrenheit. If you look hard, there are plenty of fish in the sea in Englands Divisions. The club must remember its roots.

That just translates to 'I do not like foreigners' Why does the fact they don't come from England mean they have no heart. Piazon/Johansen have shown 10 times more passion than Ryan Fredericks this season. Was Karagounis a 'soft' import. Brede Hangeland? Seems to me they both had heart. Huge generalisation to say they can't tackle. Why does it effect you if a player wears gloves or not? 'Remember it's roots' we did that last summer and we finished 20th. To get out of the championship 'championship experience' is not solely enough.
In this world of evolving football we must modernise to even have a chance of promotion. Every club in England knows about English talent. Signing good home grown players with championship experience is far too expensive to be considered sustainable.
STH H3

Fulham Tup North

"wear gloves when it's 50 degree Fahrenheit"
[/quote]
To be fair even the Lino had gloves on last night!!!   
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

filham

Look we signed fourteen players in the summer and I think the best we can expect now will be a couple of squad players to provide cover,
The striker we want needs to be better than £9m Martin, suspect that will not happen.

Burgf001

Quote from: Statto on January 24, 2017, 09:36:56 PM
Well unless something changes in the next ten minutes there'll be little point making any more signings. Which was probably the aim all along. So at least we can close this thread, and any threads about the play-offs, and start talking about what new teams we'll be be playing in the championship next year. Anyone else looking forward to Scunthorpe away?
genuinely would be buzzing for Scunthorpe away

AlexW132

Quote from: @jolslover on January 25, 2017, 06:37:04 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2017, 06:00:08 PM

That just translates to 'I do not like foreigners' Why does the fact they don't come from England mean they have no heart. Piazon/Johansen have shown 10 times more passion than Ryan Fredericks this season. Was Karagounis a 'soft' import. Brede Hangeland? Seems to me they both had heart. Huge generalisation to say they can't tackle. Why does it effect you if a player wears gloves or not? 'Remember it's roots' we did that last summer and we finished 20th. To get out of the championship 'championship experience' is not solely enough.
In this world of evolving football we must modernise to even have a chance of promotion. Every club in England knows about English talent. Signing good home grown players with championship experience is far too expensive to be considered sustainable.
:plus one:

YoungsBitter

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 25, 2017, 05:10:35 PM
Quote from: EJL on January 25, 2017, 05:05:45 PM
Still think Kebano will come good.

Agree as well, I never really had understood how he was frozen out of the squad completely for a while.
I dont think he was frozen out as much as took time to integrate.
He had a good AFCON too from all accounts.
When he and Ayite are back that adds two attacking threats that have been missing for the last 3 weeks.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Woolly Mammoth

Mince. Wherever you are, can you tell me what's happening with Jason Cummings.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Jolslover,of course we've had good imports and will again,but in this window we need players already here(they might be foreign) but already acclimatised to our league.
Other wise we taking a chance again like Kebano and Jozabed.
We haven't got time if we are to make the playoffs if the players take time to settle.
Got nothing against imports if already here.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2017, 08:17:40 PM
Jolslover,of course we've had good imports and will again,but in this window we need players already here(they might be foreign) but already acclimatised to our league.
We haven't got time if we are to make the playoffs if the players take time to settle.

Fair opinion, Not saying I agree though. See Madl last Jan for immediate impact of player coming from foreign league. Ayite more recently.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2017, 08:09:24 PM
Mince. Wherever you are, can you tell me what's happening with Jason Cummings.

My Scottish compatriot says Hibs want to keep for getting them up to Premier,apparently though Red Bull Leipzig are interested.

Wherever I am..lol
I'm at home where you?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on January 25, 2017, 08:19:24 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2017, 08:17:40 PM

Fair opinion, Not saying I agree though. See Madl last Jan for immediate impact of player coming from foreign league. Ayite more recently.

Yes,but doesn't mean a couple we sign maybe this week will settle right away does it..That's why I'm saying at this stage we need them now not in summer when maybe adjusted.

Mince n Tatties