https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2017, 08:20:19 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2017, 08:09:24 PM
Mince. Wherever you are, can you tell me what's happening with Jason Cummings.

My Scottish compatriot says Hibs want to keep for getting them up to Premier,apparently though Red Bull Leipzig are interested.

Wherever I am..lol
I'm at home where you?

I have just returned home from work, and have just eaten some scrambled egg and am currently watching a film called "Eight Bellow".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

: Trabzonspor have signed striker Hugo Rodallega from Akhisar Belediyespor for an undisclosed fee on a two-and-a-half-year contract.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Feel sorry for Barnsley fans,their production line keeps producing them to sell on all the time,survival I suppose.
Villa 2 of them now,others around us strengthening while we seem to keep sitting on our hands..
Come on give us hope get one through door at least.

westcliff white

i still think 3 signings is what we will make.
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

Villa fans are some of the most spoilt in the league when it comes to signings. They've now signed Lansbury, Bree, Hourihane, and Bjarnason.

Neil D

Quote from: @jolslover on January 25, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

That just translates to 'I do not like foreigners' Why does the fact they don't come from England mean they have no heart. Piazon/Johansen have shown 10 times more passion than Ryan Fredericks this season. Was Karagounis a 'soft' import. Brede Hangeland? Seems to me they both had heart. Huge generalisation to say they can't tackle. Why does it effect you if a player wears gloves or not? 'Remember it's roots' we did that last summer and we finished 20th. To get out of the championship 'championship experience' is not solely enough.
In this world of evolving football we must modernise to even have a chance of promotion. Every club in England knows about English talent. Signing good home grown players with championship experience is far too expensive to be considered sustainable.
I'm with you, dude.  I immediately thought of Karagounis too - as we seem to have just signed another Greek 'enforcer' on loan.  The English 'gene pool' is much too small to find a game-changing bargain.  The indigenous talent is invariably over-priced so it makes sense to look abroad  where there is a much better chance that a quality player will have slipped through under the radar -  to add another not overly helpful metaphor to the mix.

Mince n Tatties

Definitely one will be coming.
Hilda is being given an assistant,we have agreed a fee of 5,000 tea bags for Doncaster's tea lady Hetty McCorkindale.
Apparently only uses extra strong Yorkshire Tea Bags.
Welcome to the club Hetty... 049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 26, 2017, 12:17:04 PM
Hilda is being given an assistant,we have agreed a fee of 5,000 tea bags for Doncaster's tea lady Hetty McCorkindale.

Yes welcolme Hetty, and please remember, you cannot smoke your pipe in the tea room.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 26, 2017, 03:37:37 PM

Yes welcolme Hetty, and please remember, you cannot smoke your pipe in the tea room.

She smokes Capstan Full Strength.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

As I said before I heard at the Barnsley game we were interested in PNE striker Jordan Hugill,I see they just turned down a 2 million bid from Ipswich for him.

Southdowns White

Will she down teapots and throw the tea strainer out of the pram if she gets a sniff of a better deal later in the season, I bet her agent is already working behind the scene to negotiate a move to a premier league club with a bigger teapot and fruit scones.

alexmur

Lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AlexW132

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 26, 2017, 04:00:36 PM
As I said before I heard at the Barnsley game we were interested in PNE striker Jordan Hugill,I see they just turned down a 2 million bid from Ipswich for him.
He's scored 7 goals this season, I think we should be aiming higher than that

MJG

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 26, 2017, 04:25:33 PM
Any striker we want should be aiming lower if he wants more than 7 goals.

Mince n Tatties

That's not up to date scored both goals against Villa last Saturday, they might be on you tube.
I saw on FLS looks pacey and good strike for his first.
Same type passage as Vardy,non league
then Port Vale now Preston.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 26, 2017, 04:34:36 PM

That's not up to date scored both goals against Villa last Saturday, they might be on you tube.
I saw on FLS looks pacey and good strike for his first.
Same type passage as Vardy,non league
then Port Vale now Preston.

But can Hetty score goals, what's her strike rate and stats.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Apparently once through a tea bag from one side of the room straight into the pot..She could make the bench Sunday.