watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

who was your first Fulham hero

Started by Barrett487, September 02, 2017, 07:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

J. Haynes. Having just moved from Scotland to Southfields at age 11, became a Haynes fan first and went back just to see him play. Of course after 2 games, Fulham stuck. Also liked Graham Leggat, (the Scottish connection). I think he should have played for Scotland more often than he did but in those days, there was a lot of competition.

Woodlawn

Charlie Mitten & only just remember watching Jim Taylor

grandad

Quote from: Dodgin on September 03, 2017, 08:05:15 AM
In the day's of no subs, remember an injured Jimmy Langley playing on the wing,
Got to give it to Peabody never did see Ronnie Rooke
I remember Macedo dislocating his shoulder & playing on the wing with his arm in a sling.
Where there's a will there's a wife

OdecaMynoT

I loved and worshipped the Fulham 'Gods',ie Haynes,Cohen,Leggatt,but my hero during schoolboy days had to be Rodney Marsh.

I tried to emulate his swagger and arrogance,(failed miserably)and the way he held the cuffs of his shirt,stretched out and clasped

in the palms of both hands.(Could do that ok) He was a real breath of fresh air when he came on the scene.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

HillingdonFFC

Neck & neck between Gordon Davies & Roger Brown

SG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 03, 2017, 07:57:40 AM
Can't separate them.
Haynes
Leggatt
Macedo
Same for me but would add Jim Langley. Never missed a penalty as he rolled them inches inside the post

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on September 03, 2017, 05:08:43 PM
I loved and worshipped the Fulham 'Gods',ie Haynes,Cohen,Leggatt,but my hero during schoolboy days had to be Rodney Marsh.

I tried to emulate his swagger and arrogance,(failed miserably)and the way he held the cuffs of his shirt,stretched out and clasped

in the palms of both hands.(Could do that ok) He was a real breath of fresh air when he came on the scene.

My old man has spent the best part of 50 years moaning about Fulham 'giving' QPR Rodney Marsh.
Queens Park Rangers the club Fulham built he likes to say referring to big Fulham fan Jim Gregory & Rodney Marsh practically transforming them

cottage expat

Besides the Maestro, my first "hero" was Graham Leggat ( I also enjoyed Eddie Lowe and the calls of "get a haircut, Eddie).

thebumponleroyshead

Leroy, his autobiography is good too, half way through.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

twang

Saha was the first and McBride the last.

gezkc

Grumpy Worthing White

My first game was against Nottingham Forest in 1965 with my Dad, Still to this day Jimmy Conway was my first Fulham hero.  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif

The Enclosurite

¡COYW!

Horsfield_No9

First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Cottage Industry

Ronnie Rook. As a lad he always signed your programme or book. Some even went to the extent of knocking on his door. I believe he lived in Kenyon Street.
Joe Bacuzzi. A great fulback and a real gentleman.
Later George Cohen. A friend asked me to go as he couldn't. I reported back on his first game and said he will play for England!!

Andy S

Back in the 60's there were 11 icons in the side from 1- 11 Macedo to Barrett. Everyone a hero

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

Quote from: Peabody on September 02, 2017, 07:58:09 PM
Ronnie Rooke
My first visit to the Cottage was shortly after Arsenal snatched Rooke but his name was always heard in the school playground so he was a hero even to those that hadn't seen him play.
As for the first hero I saw playing there was a whole cluster of them whom I just can't separate now. I am thinking of Joe Buccuzi, Len Quested, Jim Taylor, Ted Hinton.

GrumpyWhite

filham

Quote from: GrumpyWhite on September 04, 2017, 06:32:08 PM
The Maestr
Quote from: GrumpyWhite on September 04, 2017, 06:32:08 PM
The Maestro
Yes of course, if you saw him play he just has to be your all time hero but there was life at the Cottage before Haynes.
The 1949 team that took us up to our first ever season in the top flight contained some very good players and memorable characters.