more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

LFC fans in Riverside Ejected

Started by Neil D, March 17, 2019, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Chesh on March 19, 2019, 10:11:04 AM
Seems to me that people would rather eradicate the relatively harmless symptom than the cause, which is our football club.

The reason FFC fans were not in those seats is because  Fulham FC made sure they sold inpromptu memberships, to ensure that overpriced tickets were all sold - knowing full well that those memberships would be taken up by Liverpool fans and touts.

Once this has happened, it was not a secret that there would be Liverpool fans in home areas.

As I  said the horse had already bolted, and if Fulham FC choose the same method of ticket sales again it will happen against any big team.

Yet people would rather froth at the mouth over non-threatening families who naively or otherwise have taken advantage of our club's own policy to see their team.

I totally agree that threatening, or mouthy, away fans should get dealt with on the spot, but I don't understand why banter could not have replaced total intolerance in this case  - this dad and his kids were trying to enjoy a football match.....I really don't see what people were so frightened of (rules or no rules), especially when the dad apologised and promised to tone it down.

Do you not see how illogical that is?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ffcne

Seems to me that people would rather eradicate the relatively harmless symptom than the cause, which is our football club.

The reason FFC fans were not in those seats is because  Fulham FC made sure they sold inpromptu memberships, to ensure that overpriced tickets were all sold - knowing full well that those memberships would be taken up by Liverpool fans and touts.

Once this has happened, it was not a secret that there would be Liverpool fans in home areas.

As I  said the horse had already bolted, and if Fulham FC choose the same method of ticket sales again it will happen against any big team.

Yet people would rather froth at the mouth over non-threatening families who naively or otherwise have taken advantage of our club's own policy to see their team.

I totally agree that threatening, or mouthy, away fans should get dealt with on the spot, but I don't understand why banter could not have replaced total intolerance in this case  - this dad and his kids were trying to enjoy a football match.....I really don't see what people were so frightened of (rules or no rules), especially when the dad apologised and promised to tone it down.

Dad should not have taken his kids in that situation.
Bet he has 'nt been to any other away grounds.
Dont care who they are ,get them kicked out

Statto

Whilst I agree the club may be culpable to some extent, that should not in any way mitigate the Scouse Dad's behaviour. If you forget to lock your front door and get robbed, yes you've been a fool for letting that happen but does that mean the robber hasn't done anything wrong?

Chesh

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 19, 2019, 05:49:34 PM

Do you not see how illogical that is?
No, they knew they could sell overpriced tickets to touts and Scousers , so allowed them to buy memberships to gain access to these tickets. They also knew they would go a lot faster than if they put them on sale to Fulham fans.

It was blatant bums on seats policy at any price.

Why is is illogical to point that out?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

SP

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on March 18, 2019, 10:52:58 PM
To all of those people who have been in an away end and not celebrated when we scored.

How did you manage just sitting there, muted, unresponsive, and not even shouting YESSSSSSSSS
I'd like to know your secret.
And I know it's not lack of passion, most of us on here are that and more

Yoga, Buddism, Scientology or other passive states of mind.

Was easy at Ch*lsea when we last won there 0-2 as celebrating would've had serious consequences for our health.  Same at Millwall & WHU.   Sometimes there are advantages being a coward.

Chesh

Quote from: Statto on March 19, 2019, 06:31:42 PM
Whilst I agree the club may be culpable to some extent, that should not in any way mitigate the Scouse Dad's behaviour. If you forget to lock your front door and get robbed, yes you've been a fool for letting that happen but does that mean the robber hasn't done anything wrong?
I do find it funny, the lengths that people are going to to make out he has committed such a heinous crime by being in the wrong end at a football match.

If it isn't comparing his 'infiltration' to Heysel, it's robbers  :dead horse:

Chesh

Quote from: SP on March 19, 2019, 06:47:16 PM
Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on March 18, 2019, 10:52:58 PM
To all of those people who have been in an away end and not celebrated when we scored.

How did you manage just sitting there, muted, unresponsive, and not even shouting YESSSSSSSSS
I'd like to know your secret.
And I know it's not lack of passion, most of us on here are that and more

Yoga, Buddism, Scientology or other passive states of mind.

Was easy at Ch*lsea when we last won there 0-2 as celebrating would've had serious consequences for our health.  Same at Millwall & WHU.   Sometimes there are advantages being a coward.
I was in the Matthew Harding when Bocanegra equalised, and in the East 'Dockers' Stand when Kit Symons scored at Millwall.

Trust me, you know when to blend it, and it wasn't for fear of people running for the stewards  :003:

Statto

Quote from: Chesh on March 19, 2019, 06:51:30 PM
I do find it funny, the lengths that people are going to to make out he has committed such a heinous crime by being in the wrong end at a football match.

I'll leave it to The Rational Fan to make his own explanation but for my part, I find one of the best ways to show someone's logic is flawed is to apply that logic to a different scenario which, whilst analogous in all material respects, is more extreme in other respects, making the implications of that flawed logic much more stark and dramatic

You're quite right to say robbery is a more "heinous crime" than the stupidity, ignorance and brass neck this bloke showed at the Cottage. But in both cases the fundamental logic, that a wrong committed by one person is made less serious if another person's negligence gave them the opportunity to commit it, is exactly the same... and just as flawed

Also, let's be honest, he's a Liverpool fan, so he's most likely a thief anyway

KJS

God I hate snowflakes!!!

The fact he celebrated despite knowing that he was in a home section shows lack of respect for the Fulham fans and also for his own children's well being!

Chesh

Quote from: Statto on March 19, 2019, 08:36:38 PM

I'll leave it to The Rational Fan to make his own explanation but for my part, I find one of the best ways to show someone's logic is flawed is to apply that logic to a different scenario which, whilst analogous in all material respects, is more extreme in other respects, making the implications of that flawed logic much more stark and dramatic

You're quite right to say robbery is a more "heinous crime" than the stupidity, ignorance and brass neck this bloke showed at the Cottage. But in both cases the fundamental logic, that a wrong committed by one person is made less serious if another person's negligence gave them the opportunity to commit it, is exactly the same... and just as flawed

Also, let's be honest, he's a Liverpool fan, so he's most likely a thief anyway
I just think this is one of those examples where you say 'come on it's a naive bloke with his kids - let them be for christ sake'. Life's to short to make it such a big issue and spoil the kids day when there was the chance to be grown up about it.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: KJS on March 19, 2019, 09:08:30 PM

God I hate snowflakes!!!

The fact he celebrated despite knowing that he was in a home section shows lack of respect for the Fulham fans and also for his own children's well being!

How was it ever likely to affect their well-being.
This is the Riverside Stand at Craven Cottage the home of nice people
and a few grumpy B+++stards who were p***ed off because we were
losing.
Do you think the guy would have grassed them up if we were winning, no
he'd be too busy waving his walking stick shouting "bloody good we're sticking it to the Scousers"
But I hardly believe anyone in that stand would have threatened their health.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

The Rational Fan

It is no way comparable to Heysel in terms of consequence, but the current rules have been put in place to ensure "drunk Liverpool Fans looking for a fight" don't sit in the home end, those rules include all seater stadiums, and no away fans in the home end.

You cannot descriminate you either throw all Liverpool fans out of the home end or only those that are drunk or only those already in a fight. Throwing out drunk violent Fans only creates more fights doesn't solve them and typically ends in arguements about who started the fight anyway (a fulham or liverpool fan). What a mess.

In the Past, a group of well behaved Liverpool fans, would have turned into a nightmare if the Rico Penalty wasn't allowed and Atyie goal was allowed causing them to drop out of the title race. Any fan would be angry, but it's better the die hard fans are apart.

When we go to Airports and Football Games, there are unfair rules on 99.99% to prevent the 0.01% maybe lower so causing trouble. We could consider changing the rules, but whatever the rules are stewards must enforce them with rare exceptions.

Chesh

Quote from: KJS on March 19, 2019, 09:08:30 PM

God I hate snowflakes!!!

Ha ha, the irony of someone who feels so threatened by this 'disrespect' calling others snowflakes.

As I say, it's a bloke and his kids - anyone offended by these three needs to have a look at themselves.

RaySmith

People weren't frightened of them, and if offended  it was by their arrogant open flouting of rules that most agree with, and are essential if the club wishes to have segregation of fans into home and away areas.

Well, I don't think the club has a choice in this anyway - I think the police would be involved and the game's authorities, if Fulham decided not have home and away fan segregation.

How do you think the Kop would respond if Fulham fans  got tickets in there, and celebrated a Fulham goal?

Chesh

Quote from: RaySmith on March 20, 2019, 05:50:06 AM
People weren't frightened of them, and if offended  it was by their arrogant open flouting of rules that most agree with, and are essential if the club wishes to have segregation of fans into home and away areas.

Well, I don't think the club has a choice in this anyway - I think the police would be involved and the game's authorities, if Fulham decided not have home and away fan segregation.

How do you think the Kop would respond if Fulham fans  got tickets in there, and celebrated a Fulham goal?
I suppose it depends to the extend they celebrated, and my point is not how people would react, but how imo they perhaps should, given the actual circumstances of the moment.

I'm not suggesting people were frightened, but by threatened, I mean were people really that offended that they needed the family slung out?

Anyway Ray, you're happy with the result here, fine, as are most others on this thread.

My final say on it is that I'd have let them be - not because I'm a 'snowflake', but quite the opposite, in that I'd have been able to accept it for what it apparent was i.e. harmless (in THIS case).

bobbo

Loads of opinions on this topic ,BUT has anyone emailed the club with their observations and if so , Amy response ?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

gang

Why couldn't he just buy the tickets from Liverpool and if they sold their allocation just don't go? The seats he used were for Fulham supporters, how many of Fulham fans couldn't buy tickets because the game was sold out and therefore missed the game?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: gang on March 20, 2019, 08:17:22 AM
Why couldn't he just buy the tickets from Liverpool and if they sold their allocation just don't go? The seats he used were for Fulham supporters, how many of Fulham fans couldn't buy tickets because the game was sold out and therefore missed the game?
And how many Fulham supporters chose not to because they considered that the cost of tickets was roo high?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Chesh

Quote from: gang on March 20, 2019, 08:17:22 AM
Please see above on this page re ticket policy for this game, as FFC were far more responsible for Fulham fans missing out, rather than any away fans who managed to get a ticket in home areas as a result of that policy. 

Westlondonffc

The club and some of our fans it seems couldn't care less who ends up at the games. Also do you really think it would be possible to have a good atmosphere without an element of tribalism? Would you lot really not have minded if we had Derby fans next to us at the play off game?