Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Nero on June 14, 2019, 01:33:10 PM
Quote from: Tabby on June 14, 2019, 11:58:08 AM
Quote from: St. Andrews White on June 14, 2019, 11:48:47 AM
Quote from: f321ffc on June 14, 2019, 10:44:31 AM
Fulham prepara uma proposta de empréstimo com uma cláusula de opção de compra de 10 milhões de euros por Jovane Cabral, segundo o jornal 'Record

Fulham prepares a loan proposal with a 10 million euro purchase option clause by Jovane Cabral, according to the newspaper Record
Who? Not suggesting he isn't any good, just never heard of him!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lots of players I've never heard about. He seems to be a right sided winger at least.

Hopefully he'd do better than the last loan with an option to buy from Portugal if it goes through.

Apparently Barca where looking at him at the end of last year
so seri mark 2
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

snarks

Quote from: grandad on June 14, 2019, 12:48:00 PM
I don´t usually bother with transfer gossip as it is just copy & pasting from some bedroom hack. However I do want to speak about the Mitrovic situation. He is under contract for a good while yet. If the Club don´t want to sell him they can´t be forced to. Even a bid of £50 Mil  would not tempt me judging from the fees being asked for lesser players.
Right, back to the pool & cold beer. Chat again when the window closes.

grandad

That used to be the case, if players want a move, they can realistically force one through now. I'm not saying he wants to go, but if he wants to move he will.

wheelerdeeler

Cabral's a bit like Adama Traore. Very direct, strong, quick- but also lacks an end product and can be quite frustrating. Definitely wouldn't say no to him with that said.

filham

Quote from: snarks on June 14, 2019, 02:26:17 PM
Quote from: grandad on June 14, 2019, 12:48:00 PM
I don´t usually bother with transfer gossip as it is just copy & pasting from some bedroom hack. However I do want to speak about the Mitrovic situation. He is under contract for a good while yet. If the Club don´t want to sell him they can´t be forced to. Even a bid of £50 Mil  would not tempt me judging from the fees being asked for lesser players.
Right, back to the pool & cold beer. Chat again when the window closes.

grandad

That used to be the case, if players want a move, they can realistically force one through now. I'm not saying he wants to go, but if he wants to move he will.
Hard to see him staying. A big club and a big crowd at say Villa, Premier league football and an increase in wages plus a cut of a transfer fee and why would he not move on.

We need to be putting all efforts right now into finding  good replacements for both Sess and Mitrovic. This could be the deciding factor in whether we finish top or bottom half of the table next season.

Riversider

QPR 2
Fulham 0

They will still finish below us though.

spikey norman

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 07, 2019, 08:07:52 AM
Radio saying we're after Leandro Trossard of Genk.

According to today's Sky Sports Brighton are in talks with Genk over a deal to sign Trossard

grandad

So where do you think Mitrovic will end up? Newcastle, Frankfurt, Real Betis, A Turkish side, West Ham or staying with us. If he does go any fee less than £50 mil will be an insult for a 24 YO with 4 years left on his contract. We do not need to sell to fund incoming players although Seri & Fabri would be fine. Who knows what will happen with Sess & Zambo.
I did say I would not get involved with transfer gossip but it is infectious.
Where there's a will there's a wife

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Milo on June 14, 2019, 11:23:22 AM
If we lose Mitrovic we will fall 5 years behind! Central strikers who dominate leagues are worth the £150m we will get it we go back up!

Fulham Fans have been preaching the nonsense the players we have bought this season are not good enough to get us out of the Championship, and logically if you want to buy new players you have to sell profitable players (ie Mitro and Sess) and then see what you can get with the money. I say try last years team, selling Sess for a few players.

Nero

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 15, 2019, 09:24:19 AM
If we lose Mitrovic we will fall 5 years behind! Central strikers who dominate leagues are worth the £150m we will get it we go back up!

Fulham Fans have been preaching the nonsense the players we have bought this season are not good enough to get us out of the Championship, and logically if you want to buy new players you have to sell profitable players (ie Mitro and Sess) and then see what you can get with the money. I say try last years team, selling Sess for a few players.

They where good enough to get us in the Championship

If we sell Mitro for 25m we need shooting, that's what we paid for him and know he's  a proven PL scorer and on a 4 year contract we should be demanding 40+m for him if we are going to let him go, plus we know he score in the Championship

junior white

Quote from: Nero on June 15, 2019, 10:51:30 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 15, 2019, 09:24:19 AM

They where good enough to get us in the Championship

If we sell Mitro for 25m we need shooting, that's what we paid for him and know he's  a proven PL scorer and on a 4 year contract we should be demanding 40+m for him if we are going to let him go, plus we know he score in the Championship
If we were in the prem would be 40plus million all day ling like it would be for Sess, problem is once your relegated some players want to leave (not saying nitro does) and some clubs need to sell due to FFP or just cant afford the wage, any of these means the price reduces.

Sess is a case in hand, if reports are true that he only wants to go to spurs why would they pay more than they need too, the player can force the hand. We could accept higher from another club and say speak to then, he says no and then he stays and we have a good player who is unhappy, that is bound to affect performances and while going up may offset some of the loss if he leaves on a tribunal set fee it wont offset it all. My instinct says that's why spurs never really pushed the boat out last summer for him, one they didn't have the money and two if we went down the rumoured 60 million fee would also come down. Alternately we try to get the most we can but seeing he has his wishes that could be 30 mill max who knows, I certainly don't.

With Mitro 4 years left on his deal, reasonably high wages, the club needs to decide what happens if we don't go up, the longer he stays and we don't his price drops as teams will know we will be close on FFP. Horrible position for the club to be in.

hovewhite

TK for his faults picking players,from seeing the fees he's got in from player sales then this is a strength So can't see Mitro going without a profit for the club.

f321ffc

From Daily Mail.

Fulham eyeing up move for Leeds United's Adam Forshaw as manager Scott Parker looks to bolster his midfield ahead of the new season
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

Quote from: f321ffc on June 15, 2019, 03:18:19 PM
From Daily Mail.

Fulham eyeing up move for Leeds United's Adam Forshaw as manager Scott Parker looks to bolster his midfield ahead of the new season
Not sure the midfield is the priority , we need to concentrate on centre back, right back and possible replacements for Sess., Mitrovic and Babel.

Barrett487

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7145431/Harvey-Elliott-set-quit-Fulham-Barcelona-RB-Leipzig-interested.html

Harvey Elliott is quitting Fulham just a month after becoming the youngest player in Premier League history, writes Joe Bernstein.

Elliott played against Wolves in May aged only 16 years and 30 days.

He has failed to agree a new contract at Craven Cottage and can leave as a free agent at the end of the month.

Barcelona and RB Leipzig are among those looking at the midfielder.

The England Under-17 international clearly impressed Fulham captain Tom Cairney, who said: 'He does bits of magic. His belief in himself at such a young age is frightening.'

JoelH5

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 15, 2019, 11:39:16 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7145431/Harvey-Elliott-set-quit-Fulham-Barcelona-RB-Leipzig-interested.html

Harvey Elliott is quitting Fulham just a month after becoming the youngest player in Premier League history, writes Joe Bernstein.

He has failed to agree a new contract at Craven Cottage and can leave as a free agent at the end of the month.

The England Under-17 international clearly impressed Fulham captain Tom Cairney, who said: 'He does bits of magic. His belief in himself at such a young age is frightening.'

What a nice young man
I was there, standing in the Putney end

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 15, 2019, 11:52:47 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on June 15, 2019, 11:39:16 PM

What a nice young man

He seems like a nice young man yes. His captain has given a glowing review in the piece you've quoted and I fail to see how you can judge him over moving to a different club, especially for 2 clubs playing champions league football, reknowned for developing and improving youth.
Other than Ryan Sess, I don't remember any youth player who we as a club have brought through , developed and improved , rather than just giving cup appearances to, to rest the senior players.

We don't have a great record with developing and improving youth, and if the guy has imperious self belief, then why won't he think the sky is the limit

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on June 15, 2019, 09:49:45 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on June 15, 2019, 03:18:19 PM
From Daily Mail.

Not sure the midfield is the priority , we need to concentrate on centre back, right back and possible replacements for Sess., Mitrovic and Babel.

We have to sell Sessegnon and replace himself, Babel, Schullre, Vietto and Makovoic with the money (obviously a few of those can be loans even on defense). As none of the midfielders and defenders are profitable, we have two choices i) sell Mitrovoic to improve defense and midfield or ii) keep Mitrovoic and try to get promoted with the keepers, defense and midfield we have.

Unless fans accept Christie, MLM, Mawson, Seri and Mitrovoic can get us promoted, we have little choice but to sell Mitrovoic. Personally, i think those guys with Mitrovoic in front of them is worth a try tho season. Insist MLM and Ream need replacing then Mitrovoic is where the money is to buy new Centre Backs and Central Midfielders.

Personally I think removing from the squad is the Road to Ruin. If the players we have are not good enough, selling them at low prices isn't going to give us enough to buy decent new players.

Our players were brilliant the end of 17/18 not only those at Fulham but also Mawson, MLM, Bryan. Seri and Anguiissa; if our players return to hoe they played in March 2018, we will get 100 points in 19/20.

Woolly Mammoth

If Fulham are to achieve 100 points and get promoted then there is work to be done. They will need stronger characters, a few Mavericks and Leaders. More Height, physicality and pace in the team, and players with hearts the size of a football, and a settled and balanced side.
Where is the evidence so far, and do not rely on TK, he couldn't build a sandcastle on Bondi beach, or sell a life belt to a drowning man.
You have to be less optimistic and more realistic. Misfortune weighs heavily on those that expect nothing but good fortune.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 16, 2019, 04:19:26 AM
If Fulham are to achieve 100 points and get promoted then there is work to be done. They will need stronger characters, a few Mavericks and Leaders. More Height, physicality and pace in the team, and players with hearts the size of a football, and a settled and balanced side.
Where is the evidence so far, and do not rely on TK, he couldn't build a sandcastle on Bondi beach, or sell a life belt to a drowning man.
You have to be less optimistic and more realistic. Misfortune weighs heavily on those that expect nothing but good fortune.

Damn Right, there is work to be done. ON THE TRAINING PITCH! and ON MATCHDAY! and THEY NEED TO TOUGHEN UP!

The players are good enough, if Seri puts his mind to it he can be better than Norwood (i.e. PFA team of the year).

In fact 7 players: Betts, Mawson, Bryan, Anguissa, Seri, Cairney and Mitrovoic are all good enough for PFA team of the Year.

With another 9 players: Rodak, Christie, Odoi, Ream, MLM, McDonald, Johansen, Kamara and Atiye should be Championship ready.

Plus whatever we can get with the sale of the Sessegnon Twins and any youth coming though.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2019, 06:48:25 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 16, 2019, 04:19:26 AM

Damn Right, there is work to be done. ON THE TRAINING PITCH! and ON MATCHDAY! and THEY NEED TO TOUGHEN UP!

The players are good enough, if Seri puts his mind to it he can be better than Norwood (i.e. PFA team of the year).

In fact 7 players: Betts, Mawson, Bryan, Anguissa, Seri, Cairney and Mitrovoic are all good enough for PFA team of the Year.

With another 9 players: Rodak, Christie, Odoi, Ream, MLM, McDonald, Johansen, Kamara and Atiye should be Championship ready.

Plus whatever we can get with the sale of the Sessegnon Twins and any youth coming though.

RATIONAL: based on or in accordance with reason or logic.
synonyms:   logical, reasoned, well reasoned, sensible, reasonable, cogent, coherent, intelligent, wise, judicious, sagacious, astute, shrewd, perceptive, enlightened, clear-eyed, clear-sighted, common-sense, well advised, well grounded, sound, sober, prudent, circumspect.

Mmmmmm! I don't think so!
Yet again, none of the above apply to so many of your comments!