Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: RoyTund on May 01, 2021, 06:41:03 AM
Quote from: Riversider on May 01, 2021, 12:15:08 AM
Quote from: _Putney_ on April 30, 2021, 10:28:28 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 30, 2021, 09:48:30 PM
From the pictures, it seems to have a floating roof.
If the back of the stand is not filled in the wind of the thames would be pretty chilly for any of us old folks who might venture there. (cost permitting).

From the latest FST meeting minutes:

"Protection from the elements -
Some supporters have asked whether the stand will provide sufficient protection, particularly towards the back, from wind and rain. The Club confirmed that they have modified the design slightly to ensure this protection will be provided."

Won't say I told you so but I did say three years or more ago that the gap at the back was a mistake and that it would be filled in within a year of opening,Β  seems like its going to happen even sooner,
The other glaring mistake (sadly they can't put this right)
Is that none, not one, of the hospitality suites faces the pitch, that is going to prove to be a costly mistake as time goes on,

Also, I thought there appeared to be glass viewing 'boxes' shown clearly on the design images between lower and upper tier. I think they actually are in much larger corporate spaces than traditional boxes. Design changed?

As far as all the drawings show there does seem to be a line of boxes. It's on the level the temporary road is so until that's removed we won't see if they're going in
Can't think of many if any clubs where hospitality lounges face the pitch. Fulham are naturally taking advantage of arguably the grounds greatest asset & that's the river. It was pretty much the reason why Khan wanted to do something different to the Fayed design which didn't really utilise the aspect

fcfulham55

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 01, 2021, 07:39:18 AM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on April 30, 2021, 11:40:38 PM
World class ancillary facilities, average looking stand inside I'm terms of size for championship or premier league football.

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I much preferred Mr Fayeds design.Β  It was suited for Football. No big gap up the top, though I guess the new design was a business and profit choice.

All about opinions but for me it's an amazing looking stand from inside. Roof looks spectacular. To get a 9000 capacity stand with seven levels on such a confined site is an engineering marvel
Massive upgrade on facilities in terms of space & variety from Fayeds design & only holds a few hundred less

Yeah I guess me saying average was a bit harsh,Β  it's good. I agree it's a brilliant how they've gone about it with use of the River. 9000 isn't huge, but not small either. Would be so much better if we didn't have that huge gap up the top in my opinion. Still really looking forward to it opening up.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: fcfulham55 on May 01, 2021, 10:07:12 AM
World class ancillary facilities, average looking stand inside I'm terms of size for championship or premier league football.

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I much preferred Mr Fayeds design.Β  It was suited for Football. No big gap up the top, though I guess the new design was a business and profit choice.

All about opinions but for me it's an amazing looking stand from inside. Roof looks spectacular. To get a 9000 capacity stand with seven levels on such a confined site is an engineering marvel
Massive upgrade on facilities in terms of space & variety from Fayeds design & only holds a few hundred less

Yeah I guess me saying average was a bit harsh,Β  it's good. I agree it's a brilliant how they've gone about it with use of the River. 9000 isn't huge, but not small either. Would be so much better if we didn't have that huge gap up the top in my opinion. Still really looking forward to it opening up.

The fact it's so steep makes it look bigger than its capacity too. I really like the gap but as many have mentioned there was going to be issues with a freezing cold wind blowing along the Thames in winter months. Apparently it's going to be partially glazed up there now

_Putney_

The old scheme looked much more like every boring average new stadium you get these days... Crystal Palace's new design comes to mind... Our new stand is unique, much like the rest of the Cottage.

filham

Quote from: deadcowboys on May 01, 2021, 02:22:46 AM
Quote from: Riversider

The other glaring mistake (sadly they can't put this right)
Is that none, not one, of the hospitality suites faces the pitch, that is going to prove to be a costly mistake as time goes on,

Oh I don't know, not seeing what's happening on the pitch might be a bonus!
Yes, with only nine Fulham goals at the Cottage this season I think I will be better off next season looking for mirages on the surface of the Thames.

Mod: Bracket Cleanup

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: _Putney_ on May 01, 2021, 10:42:35 AM
The old scheme looked much more like every boring average new stadium you get these days... Crystal Palace's new design comes to mind... Our new stand is unique, much like the rest of the Cottage.

Fayeds original was designed by the same people who have done Palace's, theirs is just a bigger version.
Really liked it at the time but now our current design makes it look very run of the mill imho

alfie

I quite often wander round the Hammersmith end to see the progress, and I find that I am having a discussion with myself as to whether I like it or not.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

_Putney_

_Putney_

_Putney_

_Putney_

Floodlights are on in the new stand!!

_Putney_

_Putney_

bobby01

Looks like most of the seats are in place already.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

KingofCheese

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 01, 2021, 10:18:08 AM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on May 01, 2021, 10:07:12 AM

The fact it's so steep makes it look bigger than its capacity too. I really like the gap but as many have mentioned there was going to be issues with a freezing cold wind blowing along the Thames in winter months. Apparently it's going to be partially glazed up there now

If you are in the corporate seats at Arsenal the cold wind whips around that stadium too, even when it isn't actually cold outside.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

sarnian

Quote from: _Putney_ on May 11, 2021, 08:28:00 AM

Looking at the picture of the Putney End and the new stand it appears that the Riverside rake of seats is very steep.

My current seat in the Putney which is a few rows from the back looks to be the same height as the first third of seats in the upper stand of the Riverside. A lot of us who moved on demolition and want to return to the Riverside are of the older generation. Are the club going to supply oxygen to allow us to return to the Riverside if we are anywhere near the back of the new stand.

ron

You'll need oxygen at the front as well to get you through a closer view of our turgid displays if nothing changes.

fulhamfan

Looks nearly ready. Will it be ready in time for new season?

Steven Ageroad

It looks so steep that some of us oldens might be going up the stairs on our hands and knee's!

Southdowns White

Quote from: ron on May 11, 2021, 10:06:09 AM
You'll need oxygen at the front as well to get you through a closer view of our turgid displays if nothing changes.
Not to mention free caffeine drinks to keep the crowd awake if this football stays the same next season.