watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyTund

One of the main visible developments from the last home game is the removal of the two temporary floodlight pilons and the new floodlights having been installed along the roof.

Riversider

Quote from: fulhamross on May 11, 2021, 11:44:33 AM
Looks nearly ready. Will it be ready in time for new season?

It's nowhere near ready, opens officially in August 2022

filham

Quote from: bobby01 on May 11, 2021, 09:10:25 AM
Looks like most of the seats are in place already.
That is what I thought, just the parachutes to be attached to them now.

Riversider

Quote from: colham on May 01, 2021, 06:40:50 AM
Quote from: Riversider on May 01, 2021, 12:15:08 AM
Quote from: _Putney_ on April 30, 2021, 10:28:28 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 30, 2021, 09:48:30 PM
From the pictures, it seems to have a floating roof.
If the back of the stand is not filled in the wind of the thames would be pretty chilly for any of us old folks who might venture there. (cost permitting).

From the latest FST meeting minutes:

"Protection from the elements -
Some supporters have asked whether the stand will provide sufficient protection, particularly towards the back, from wind and rain. The Club confirmed that they have modified the design slightly to ensure this protection will be provided."

Won't say I told you so but I did say three years or more ago that the gap at the back was a mistake and that it would be filled in within a year of opening,  seems like its going to happen even sooner,
The other glaring mistake (sadly they can't put this right)
Is that none, not one, of the hospitality suites faces the pitch, that is going to prove to be a costly mistake as time goes on,

It doesn't matter if the hospitality can see the pitch or not.  Don't curtains/blinds get drawn at kick-off anyway because of the alcohol sale laws?

They have a thing these days called privacy glass, I've yet to see a hospitality box with curtains 😂

Riversider

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 01, 2021, 07:48:58 AM
Quote from: RoyTund on May 01, 2021, 06:41:03 AM
If the back of the stand is not filled in the wind of the thames would be pretty chilly for any of us old folks who might venture there. (cost permitting).

Some supporters have asked whether the stand will provide sufficient protection, particularly towards the back, from wind and rain. The Club confirmed that they have modified the design slightly to ensure this protection will be provided."

Won't say I told you so but I did say three years or more ago that the gap at the back was a mistake and that it would be filled in within a year of opening,  seems like its going to happen even sooner,
Is that none, not one, of the hospitality suites faces the pitch, that is going to prove to be a costly mistake as time goes on,

Also, I thought there appeared to be glass viewing 'boxes' shown clearly on the design images between lower and upper tier. I think they actually are in much larger corporate spaces than traditional boxes. Design changed?

As far as all the drawings show there does seem to be a line of boxes. It's on the level the temporary road is so until that's removed we won't see if they're going in
Can't think of many if any clubs where hospitality lounges face the pitch. Fulham are naturally taking advantage of arguably the grounds greatest asset & that's the river. It was pretty much the reason why Khan wanted to do something different to the Fayed design which didn't really utilise the aspect

Wembley , Tottenham, Reading, QPR, Glasgow Rangers, Luton Town, Ipswich Town, actually it would be a lot easier if you produced a list of Clubs that haven't got pitch facing hospitality boxes.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: filham on May 12, 2021, 07:06:12 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on May 11, 2021, 09:10:25 AM
Looks like most of the seats are in place already.
That is what I thought, just the parachutes to be attached to them now.
...and a yoyo string of course 🤗⚽️👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Riversider on May 13, 2021, 07:41:28 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 01, 2021, 07:48:58 AM
Quote from: RoyTund on May 01, 2021, 06:41:03 AM

Also, I thought there appeared to be glass viewing 'boxes' shown clearly on the design images between lower and upper tier. I think they actually are in much larger corporate spaces than traditional boxes. Design changed?

As far as all the drawings show there does seem to be a line of boxes. It's on the level the temporary road is so until that's removed we won't see if they're going in
Can't think of many if any clubs where hospitality lounges face the pitch. Fulham are naturally taking advantage of arguably the grounds greatest asset & that's the river. It was pretty much the reason why Khan wanted to do something different to the Fayed design which didn't really utilise the aspect

Wembley , Tottenham, Reading, QPR, Glasgow Rangers, Luton Town, Ipswich Town, actually it would be a lot easier if you produced a list of Clubs that haven't got pitch facing hospitality boxes.

Sorry misunderstood the original post, Boxes yeah, lounges totally different thing, or they are in my  head
Perfect place to put them would've been in the corner blocks but the club had other ideas.

AJW48361

Perhaps having the Stands not facing the pitch would be a Bonus.

fcfulham55

We should hear about plans for the the Hammersmith and Putney ends this summer. So I'm told.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

SP

Quote from: fcfulham55 on May 21, 2021, 06:04:33 PM
We should hear about plans for the the Hammersmith and Putney ends this summer. So I'm told.

Some safe standing areas perhaps?

fulhamfan

Told by who?

_Putney_

_Putney_

Invalid Tweet ID

HillingdonFFC

Hearsay or from someone who would know?

HillingdonFFC

So I'm guessing after today's news, the stuff we should be hearing about the Hammersmith and Putney end in the summer, is there's no money to even fix the bogs?

Baszab

fix the bogs ?

How about fixing the team ?

filham

Three months now before any one is in the ground to get pictures, lets hope the club keep us informed of progress over the summer.
I imagine work now switches to fitting out and will not be readily visible from outside the ground.

Riversider

Quote from: filham on May 27, 2021, 06:51:26 PM
Three months now before any one is in the ground to get pictures, lets hope the club keep us informed of progress over the summer.
I imagine work now switches to fitting out and will not be readily visible from outside the ground.

Still a long way to go on the outside before work can start inside,
Also the club said at the F.S.T meeting that a video update of the new stand will be out shortly.

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on May 27, 2021, 07:09:37 PM
Quote from: filham on May 27, 2021, 06:51:26 PM

Still a long way to go on the outside before work can start inside,
Also the club said at the F.S.T meeting that a video update of the new stand will be out shortly.

Wonderful update on the Riverside Stand available now on the official, clearly shows the amount of work still to be done and the glazing wasn't mentioned in all that, with some glorious weather and long days ahead it will be interesting to see where we are by the first week of August.

WhiteJC