https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 28, 2021, 10:44:11 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on April 23, 2021, 03:46:14 PM

Does anyone know how big this hotel will be. How many rooms?

It's actually a bed and breakfast.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

mrmicawbers

Believe I read somewhere 15 rooms.

HillingdonFFC

bobby01

Please keep them coming. It will look magnificent, and I have just noticed it actually bends with the river. Or is that my imagination, thanks for posting.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

The Rational Fan

Do we know when the likely first game with the stand opened will be?

Fernhurst

Never get bored with this treasured extension to our home, any pics are just marvellous to those of us not living in the vicinity.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RoyTund

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 30, 2021, 04:41:51 AM
Do we know when the likely first game with the stand opened will be?

Didn't the club say the pitch facing part, so the seats, will be ready for start of 21/22 but there will be some work still being done to the internals and Riverside facing part?

sarnian

That was stated by the club but seeing the problems Spurs had with safety certificates I cannot see the new stand being allowed spectators if other work is still going on.

mrmicawbers

Never get bored seeing the stand develop H.Appreciate you taking the time to post.Cheers

Jims Dentist

From the pictures, it seems to have a floating roof.
If the back of the stand is not filled in the wind of the thames would be pretty chilly for any of us old folks who might venture there. (cost permitting).

_Putney_

Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 30, 2021, 09:48:30 PM
If the back of the stand is not filled in the wind of the thames would be pretty chilly for any of us old folks who might venture there. (cost permitting).

From the latest FST meeting minutes:

"Protection from the elements -
Some supporters have asked whether the stand will provide sufficient protection, particularly towards the back, from wind and rain. The Club confirmed that they have modified the design slightly to ensure this protection will be provided."

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 30, 2021, 05:34:45 AM
Never get bored with this treasured extension to our home, any pics are just marvellous to those of us not living in the vicinity.
As it's due for opening in 2022/23 season, probably Accrington Stanley 😄

ron

Quote from: _Putney_ on April 30, 2021, 10:28:28 PM

Some supporters have asked whether the stand will provide sufficient protection, particularly towards the back, from wind and rain. The Club confirmed that they have modified the design slightly to ensure this protection will be provided."

Strange that the architects didn't consider that fully in the first place. Another example of "form over function" I guess.

fcfulham55

World class ancillary facilities, average looking stand inside I'm terms of size for championship or premier league football.

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I much preferred Mr Fayeds design.  It was suited for Football. No big gap up the top, though I guess the new design was a business and profit choice.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Riversider

Won't say I told you so but I did say three years or more ago that the gap at the back was a mistake and that it would be filled in within a year of opening,  seems like its going to happen even sooner,
The other glaring mistake (sadly they can't put this right)
Is that none, not one, of the hospitality suites faces the pitch, that is going to prove to be a costly mistake as time goes on,

deadcowboys

[quote author=Riversider

Is that none, not one, of the hospitality suites faces the pitch, that is going to prove to be a costly mistake as time goes on,
[/quote]

Oh I don't know, not seeing what's happening on the pitch might be a bonus!

RoyTund

Quote from: Riversider on May 01, 2021, 12:15:08 AM

Won't say I told you so but I did say three years or more ago that the gap at the back was a mistake and that it would be filled in within a year of opening,  seems like its going to happen even sooner,

I would be very much surprised if that gap was 'filled in' in reference to protection. Might be done kind of clear screen.

The Al Fayed stand was fine, dull, ugly but fine. Don't blame the club for thinking they might want to make more of the riverside opportunity.

colham

It doesn't matter if the hospitality can see the pitch or not.  Don't curtains/blinds get drawn at kick-off anyway because of the alcohol sale laws?

RoyTund

Also, I thought there appeared to be glass viewing 'boxes' shown clearly on the design images between lower and upper tier. I think they actually are in much larger corporate spaces than traditional boxes. Design changed?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: fcfulham55 on April 30, 2021, 11:40:38 PM
World class ancillary facilities, average looking stand inside I'm terms of size for championship or premier league football.

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I much preferred Mr Fayeds design.  It was suited for Football. No big gap up the top, though I guess the new design was a business and profit choice.

All about opinions but for me it's an amazing looking stand from inside. Roof looks spectacular. To get a 9000 capacity stand with seven levels on such a confined site is an engineering marvel
Massive upgrade on facilities in terms of space & variety from Fayeds design & only holds a few hundred less