Thank you

Burt

fulhamfan

What a view. Will be famous that

MickyAdamsFamily

Wow.
Completely stunning view, that.

filham

Will they be selling oxygen at the turnstiles.

gang

Binoculars will be useful, hopefully it wont be like Newcastle.

sarnian

Bit of a deceptive photo as it's taken from just underneath the roof.  The back tier of seats are actually quite a bit lower if you look at photos taken pitchside. Hi

brightster

Looks taller than our noisy neighbours down at the Broadway!

cmg

Amazing!

I never did understand cantilevers. I suspect that, like heavier than air flight, they only stay up by collective faith.
Hope they've factored-in the additional weight of the icicles.

filham

If you live in the right direction from the Cottage you could send flashlight signals home to the wife and save on mobile phone bills.

fcfulham55

Quote from: cmg on February 12, 2021, 05:20:34 PM

Amazing!

I never did understand cantilevers. I suspect that, like heavier than air flight, they only stay up by collective faith.

The work I used to do took into account the weight of possible severe snowfall. Bending moment Mechanical Principles and all.

Would say that wind posses as big a threat, while you try to limit materials to keep the cost down. It's a nice challenge, miss it a little. Retired from engineering a couple of years ago at 28 lol.  But prefer to choose when, where(pre covid) and how long I decide I want to work for. But considering to bits and peices for a side hobby, may venture in some small projects later on in life. Maybe in 20 or so years when I'll be getting on in my 50's to help stimulate my brain in a different way.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

sarnian

Going to be bloody cold in an easterly winter gale.

_Putney_

Some older shots in here and some renders but interesting none the less:

https://www.newsteelconstruction.com/wp/stand-up-for-fulham/

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: filham on February 12, 2021, 04:38:21 PM
Will they be selling oxygen at the turnstiles.

Elon Musk is talking to the Khans about putting a Space X launch pad on the roof. Daily trips from London to Mars by 2023-24.

filham

Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 12, 2021, 06:06:20 PM
Quote from: cmg on February 12, 2021, 05:20:34 PM

Amazing!

The work I used to do took into account the weight of possible severe snowfall. Bending moment Mechanical Principles and all.

Would say that wind posses as big a threat, while you try to limit materials to keep the cost down. It's a nice challenge, miss it a little. Retired from engineering a couple of years ago at 28 lol.  But prefer to choose when, where(pre covid) and how long I decide I want to work for. But considering to bits and peices for a side hobby, may venture in some small projects later on in life. Maybe in 20 or so years when I'll be getting on in my 50's to help stimulate my brain in a different way.

I too was an engineer, spent most of my working life in water but always had an unsatisfied desire to be involved in structures.
Looking at those enormous cantilevers on the new stand brings out strong instincts to prop up the roof with pillars.

General

Quote from: _Putney_ on February 11, 2021, 07:39:53 PM

Really starting to take shape now - looking good... the view from the top of the stand overlooking the pitch and london also looks pretty spectacular as expected. Will definitely be a big selling point.

G_Gribby

In fact now possible to see the re-construction work at Google maps satellite view.

Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.